All Time Chain Draft - R1: antohan vs Joga/Annah

Who will win with players at career peaks?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
I thought I read up there that you had Caetano, Matosas and Maldini in it as well... Oh, of course. THAT Maldini.
That was just in one of the three games, but true enough. When he was up against Heynckes, he got a bit more help :D.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
:D So tell us how you reached this conclusion as you are definitely more in the know than anybody else on this topic(Placar Magazine etc). How many games have you seen from Mauro Ramos? Do you mind discussing these games that made you see him as such a poor defender? Is there any articles that you've found that severely criticise him? Can we have a look at those?
Good Lord.

Let's sum this up, shall we?

Anto bashes your grand idol during the match. I appear post match in order to give a little credit to him, mentioning that he isn't a mug, captained Brazil to a WC win, etc. You know, in the name of fairness and so forth.

But that isn't enough. No, I have to declare him a great defender (a great defender and a great footballer), if not you'll get a bit bitchy about the whole thing, isn't that so? And it has nothing to do with the fact that you lost the match, of course - it's all a perfectly objective outrage at the idiocy on here, bloody ignorants unwilling to recognize him for the giant that he was.

How many games have I seen? The '62 ones, mainly. Some Santos stuff (shockingly, as it may seem to you, not primarily because I was interested in your hero).

But I will make amends. I will order a sample of his pubic hair off Ebay and sleep with it under my pillow.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
That's fair enough and you were within your right to do so during the match as you felt he was misused tactically etc but continuing to bash his individual ability and credentials after the match, and outside the match, isn't necessary though. Just as Annah questioning Boninsegna and Altafini after the match wasn't right but a defense of your players would have been more apt than the bashing of M.Ramos.

It just wouldn't be right if he goes to the draft dustbin.
I wasn't doing that at all until I got this post (which is unequivocally bashing my:

Great win Antohan, congrats! You could sell crap as gold and people would happily buy it.
Followed by more sore loser sarcy jibes:
Yup, agreed. Brazils second best centre back of all-time together with Tresor who is one of the better defenders of all-time is very comparable to the type of centre back partnerships they usually sport. Enzo as well is a crappy striker and of course Altafini, Boninsegna and Abaddie are the unearthed heroes who would perform better than Tresor/Ramos/Enzo.

I hope we see more of Altafini, Boninsegna and Abaddie in these drafts as they are certainly up there with the best in their positions while Tresor/Ramos shouldn't feature again due to being weak. But maybe in a different setting they could do a job if they faced a lesser threat than the great Altafini and Boninsegna who for an All-time draft is the cream of the crop.
So how exactly do I defend my stance on Boninsegna other than by pointing at how hopelessly out of his depth his marker was?

antohan

Good Lord.

Anto bashes your grand idol during the match. I appear post match in order to give a little credit to him, mentioning that he isn't a mug, captained Brazil to a WC win, etc. You know, in the name of fairness and so forth.

But that isn't enough. No, I have to declare him a great defender (a great defender and a great footballer), if not you'll get a bit bitchy about the whole thing, isn't that so? And it has nothing to do with the fact that you lost the match, of course - it's all a perfectly objective outrage at the idiocy on here, bloody ignorants unwilling to recognize him for the giant that he was.

How many games have I seen? The '62 ones, mainly. Some Santos stuff (shockingly, as it may seem to you, not primarily because I was interested in your hero).

But I will make amends. I will order a sample of his pubic hair off Ebay and sleep with it under my pillow.
:lol:

diarm

Can you really do that, I mean, order such things off eBay? And also have you ever done that? :lol:
Problem is that it is very difficult to determine that the pubes are genuine. Many's the time I've had my doubts as to whether they're even pubes at all...

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Can you really do that, I mean, order such things off eBay? And also have you ever done that? :lol:
He's dead for more than a decade. I'd be a bit suspicious if you can actually do that. Might be fake, but maybe worth checking out?

diarm

Problem is that it is very difficult to determine that the pubes are genuine. Many's the time I've had my doubts as to whether they're even pubes at all...
And that's before we consider whether they're mugging you off with David Luiz pubes. The markets awash with those... you simply can't get them off your hands.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Good Lord.

This draft is turning out to be a classic. We have already had

- a meltdown resulting in a banning.
- EAP's massive braint-fart yesterday effectively snatching a loss from a winning position.
- Now this match up as a throw back to older drafts

Moby

Dick
Good Lord.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Ramos gets to go sit with Luis Eyzaguirre in the corner of the room. Forever.
We've probably quite a compellingly shit XI together now that have single-handedly costed their teams the chance to progress.

MJJ

Good Lord.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
So how exactly do I defend my stance on Boninsegna other than by pointing at how hopelessly out of his depth his marker was?
All right then, fair enough. Let's put this to bed, end all this bickering and not end such an engaging match on a sour note. Good game and it's been a fun match.

Good luck going forward mate.

antohan

All right then, fair enough. Let's put this to bed, end all this bickering and not end such an engaging match on a sour note. Good game and it's been a fun match.

Good luck going forward mate.
Absolutely, I agree mate. Let's see what the future holds as to whether I get Pepe or go for Enzo. Problem is I would only get Enzo for a final and doubt I would get there!

You've no idea how many shades of fecked I am in terms of working around the reinforcement rules while sticking to the theme. Actually, you probably do.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
I thought you were poised for one :p
Nah, I always wanted to play a 4-3-2-1. Didn't get it right last time. Really wanted it this time too. So despite getting feedback wanted to try it out. Failed again. Anyways balances the feedback that I got for posting formation earlier, I suppose. It'll be a christmas tree next draft too. I WILL get that right!

Skizzo

Nah, I always wanted to play a 4-3-2-1. Didn't get it right last time. Really wanted it this time too. So despite getting feedback wanted to try it out. Failed again. Anyways balances the feedback that I got for posting formation earlier, I suppose. It'll be a christmas tree next draft too. I WILL get that right!
I was telling Pat I wanted to try the same thing :lol: couldn't quite get the balance right though. Although my diamond wasnt particularly well balanced either