g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

All time Prem XI - minus United and Arsenal

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Cech
McGrath - Terry - Desailly
Makelele - Xabi Alonso
Gerrard - Lampard - Silva
Aguero - Shearer​

3-2-3-2 is a legit formation, right? :lol:

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
------------------Cech-----------------
Ivanovic--Carvalho--Terry-Carragher
----------------Makelele----------------
-------Gerrard----------Lampard-------
Suarez---------Drogba----------Bale

Something like that

padr81

Supports
Man City
This is actually pretty tough, usually an all Prem XI is just Man Utd with 2 or 3 extras in it.

Cech, Zabaleta, Terry, Kompany, Cole, Makelele, Gerrard, Lampard, Suarez, Shearer, Aguero
I really like this team, attacking but with Makelele to cover Lampard and Gerrard, the player they were always missing imo.

I'd go almost the same.

Cech-Zabs-Kompany-Terry-Cole-Makelele-Lampard-Gerrard-Zola-Aguero-Suarez

Just cause I love Zola and would be lacking width anyway. Was tempted to plump for Shearer over Suarez not cause he's the better player but Louis only had 1 top season in the prem, his first couple were adapting I think, hence why Aguero has the better goals to minute ratio.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Classic 4-4-2

...........Shearer....Owen...............
Ginola........................McManaman
.........Essien........Alonso...........
Cole....Desailly..McGrath..Ivanovic
...................Cech........................

Last edited:

montpelier

Classic 4-4-2

that's the most attacking line up we've had anyway, not even bothering with a GK, I like it

paulscholes18

Cech
Gallas Radebe Desailly Cole
Alonso Essien
Mcmanaman Ginola
Aguero Suarez

Subs
Courtois
Terry
Carragher
Makelele
Sick-note
Bale
Shearer

Enigma_87

You know who
Classic 4-4-2

...................Cech........................
I like that. Switch Owen with Aguero and would be even better.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Cech
Zabaleta Carvalho Terry Cole
Makelele Toure
Silva Gerrard Bale
Shearer
Maybe Modric for Toure there.

Last edited:

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
----------------Cech--------------
Zabaleta--Terry--Carvalho--Cole
-------------Yaya Toure----------
--------Essien------Gerrard-----
----------------Bale---------------
--------Aguero----Shearer-------

montpelier

Even I wouldn't want to railroad Seaman through the Enormous Rules Loophole© , that's outrageous. Has to be Peter Schmeichel every time, innit.

edit - I'm not serious about the existence of an ERL©, it's people being wilfully disregarding / bit smartarse obviously.

What about if you take out all players who have played (ever) for a team that has won the thing? (Utd, City, Chelsea, Blackburn, Leicester, Arsenal) Have I missed anybody out?

So the XI is All Time Best Prem Never-Ever Played for a Prem Winning Club XI. (based on Prem Form)

We lose Cech, Terry, Cole, Shearer, McManaman, Sol Campbell, Yaya, Aguero.

I'm probably just curious to see how many Liverpool players get in to be honest. Michael Owen goes too!!

Last edited:

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
3-5-2

Cech

Terry
Campbell
Carvalho

Makalele
Gerrard
Lampard
Ginola
Bale

Shearer
Suarez

Jaybomb

Courtois
Desailly - Terry - Kompany
------Makelele - Yaya
Robben - Lampard - Bale
-------Suarez - Shearer

Kept this interesting so I didn't include ANY player who played for Arsenal or United at any point in their career. Cech and Ashley Cole therefore weren't included. Was struggling to find decent full backs and I felt that Courtois was better than Reina/Hart/Howard/etc. I wasn't left with many options.

montpelier

More ERL© selection news.

I've just had a better look at the GK situation and am now wondering whether to axe Petr Cech in favour of Neville Southall.

Hoboman

Martin

Terry
Carvalho
Carragher

Bale
Gerrard
Lampard
Yaya/Makelele
Riise

Shearer
Drogba

Last edited:

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
More ERL© selection news.

I've just had a better look at the GK situation and am now wondering whether to axe Petr Cech in favour of Neville Southall.
I think you should just go the whole hog and pick a full Prem team that peaked in the 1980s:

Southall
Hoddle
McGrath Walker Pearce
Waddle Gascoigne Robson Barnes
Gullit Vialli​

:drool:

montpelier

I think you should just go the whole hog and pick a full Prem team that peaked in the 1980s:

Southall
Hoddle
McGrath Walker Pearce
Waddle Gascoigne Robson Barnes
Gullit Vialli​

:drool:
I'm not in love with putting Hoddle at sweeper, but it's handy, :D. Give these Carragher, Gerrard, Lampard, Riise (:eek:) outfits a run for their money, that's for sure.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Actually, Ledley King over Terry or Carvalho in my team. Great shout. Good call on Ginola too.​

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
Even I wouldn't want to railroad Seaman through the Enormous Rules Loophole© , that's outrageous. Has to be Peter Schmeichel every time, innit.

edit - I'm not serious about the existence of an ERL©, it's people being wilfully disregarding / bit smartarse obviously.

What about if you take out all players who have played (ever) for a team that has won the thing? (Utd, City, Chelsea, Blackburn, Leicester, Arsenal) Have I missed anybody out?

So the XI is All Time Best Prem Never-Ever Played for a Prem Winning Club XI. (based on Prem Form)

We lose Cech, Terry, Cole, Shearer, McManaman, Sol Campbell, Yaya, Aguero.

I'm probably just curious to see how many Liverpool players get in to be honest. Michael Owen goes too!!
A serviceable enough team that has to get multiple bonus points for excluding Liverpool players:

Nigel Martyn

Radebe
McGrath
King
Pearce

Ginola
Modric
Gary Speed
Bale

Klinsmann
Les Ferdinand

Le Tissier as super-sub.

montpelier

A serviceable enough team that has to get multiple bonus points for excluding Liverpool players:

Nigel Martyn

Radebe
McGrath
King
Pearce

Ginola
Modric
Gary Speed
Bale

Klinsmann
Les Ferdinand

Le Tissier as super-sub.
Yes, that must be very close, I thought GK is a bit tricky, no one really jumps out. I quite like Lloris meself, actually. And for balance I might look for a ferocious clogger in preference to Speed for the CM alongside Modric who is an excellent pick, being very underrated by 'us' imo.

Howver, can I be 'orrible & reluctantly disqualify McGrath though, sorry. Rules are rules, innit, :D.

montpelier

Definitely this.

I was gonna say Fowler for the bench, but he's disqualified, :lol:.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
I'm not in love with putting Hoddle at sweeper, but it's handy, :D. Give these Carragher, Gerrard, Lampard, Riise (:eek:) outfits a run for their money, that's for sure.
I was crowbarring him or Gullit there but you'd want Ruud on the end of the deliveries from Waddle and Barnes.

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
Yes, that must be very close, I thought GK is a bit tricky, no one really jumps out. I quite like Lloris meself, actually. And for balance I might look for a ferocious clogger in preference to Speed for the CM alongside Modric who is an excellent pick, being very underrated by 'us' imo.

Howver, can I be 'orrible & reluctantly disqualify McGrath though, sorry. Rules are rules, innit, :D.
:lol: Nah you're right, much as it pains me to exclude McGrath. I'll stick Steve Carr in at right back and move Radebe into the middle. Lloris probably is a better keeper than Martyn in fairness. I'm struggling to think of an 'ard bastard to replace Speed in midfield. They should be two a penny in English football really but no one leaps out as a best XI candidate. I like Wanyama but he's only really been around for two minutes comparatively.

Enigma_87

You know who
Actually a Prem Chelsea team is pretty close here to being the best one in a classic 4-4-2:

------------------Cech-----------------
Ivanovic----Terry-----Desailly---A.Cole
Robben----Makelele-----Lampard---Hazard
------------Drogba--Hasselbaink--------

Essien, Duff, Zola, Carvalho with notable mentions as well.

BlueCelery

Supports
Chelsea
Hazard Torres Suarez
Bale Lampard Gerrard Duff
Carvalho Terry King
Hart​

SirScholes

------------Cech-------------
Terry Woodgate Carvalho
-------------Alonso
--------Lampard -Toure
Robben-----------------Bale
--------Shearer Owen

Aguero
Suarez
Silva
Gerrard
Torres
All probably deserve a mention but I went with players I liked and I couldn't stand Suarez and Gerrard,

Woodgate was absolute quality just injury prone, alonso can dictate games lampard was a goal machine along with toure.
The two wingers can interchange, both capabale of getting 15+ goals themselves
Sherear was the purest striker I've ever seen and Owen the best finisher I've ever seen.

donkeyfish

Klinsmann - Shearer
Bale - Modric - Alonso - Robben
Baines - Terry - King - Zabaleta
Cech

No balance, gung-ho. Would be slightly concerned about injury problems, and internal conflict about who should take penalties. I really should've picked Ashley Cole objectively, but I just don't like him. Same with Suarez