All Time Premier League Fantasy Draft: Final - MJJ/Crappy vs Skizzo/Pat | Skizzo/Pat win!

With players at peaks in the teams indicated, who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MJJ

What does having a slight frame have to do with pressuring him? He's more than capable of being a nuisance when he's on the ball. He doesn't need to bench press him.
Would be cool though. :lol:

That was more relevant to him pushing scholes of the ball, the point about the work rate still stands.

Skizzo

It does with the point being made that a number 10 will demolish our side, same argument was made w.r.t le tissier in the alst match.
Difference there was there wasn't a midfield to necessarily support it. Now replace Le Tissier with Silva, with Henry and Ronaldo ahead...and of course he's capable of doing exactly that.

Skizzo

Would be cool though. :lol:

That was more relevant to him pushing scholes of the ball, the point about the work rate still stands.
Why does he need to push him off the ball? That's got nothing to do with pressuring him. Especially when you aren't using a young box to box scholes. ..But a deep playmaker one who won't be buzzing around 13 miles a game.

MJJ

Difference there was there wasn't a midfield to necessarily support it. Now replace Le Tissier with Silva, with Henry and Ronaldo ahead...and of course he's capable of doing exactly that.
Zidane had a midfield to support him, a midfield better than yours imo and he failed? And you say he doesnt have a midfield to support him and then include henry and ronaldo in it?
Why does he need to push him off the ball? That's got nothing to do with pressuring him. Especially when you aren't using a young box to box scholes. ..But a deep playmaker one who won't be buzzing around 13 miles a game.
Because he isnt capable of tackling him and doesnt have the work rate to pressure him?

Skizzo

Zidane had a midfield to support him, a midfield better than yours imo and he failed? And you say he doesnt have a midfield to support him and then include henry and ronaldo in it?

Because he isnt capable of tackling him and doesnt have the work rate to pressure him?
Zidane has nothing to do with this game. So not sure why you keep trying to bring that up.

I said he has a midfield to support him (Alonso and vieira) better than Modric and batty...And better players ahead of him...Henry and ronaldo. If Le Tissier was doing that much damage to your team last game without all these better players...imagine what Silva will do :drool:

He does have the work rate to pressure him, since this isn't a player who will be running all over the field. He's sitting deep.

MJJ

Zidane has nothing to do with this game. So not sure why you keep trying to bring that up.

I said he has a midfield to support him (Alonso and vieira) better than Modric and batty...And better players ahead of him...Henry and ronaldo. If Le Tissier was doing that much damage to your team last game without all these better players...imagine what Silva will do :drool:

He does have the work rate to pressure him, since this isn't a player who will be running all over the field. He's sitting deep.
I thought alluding to a real world example then a draft one would be better, we have no idea how the le tissier, modric and batty team would work in real life. Keane would probably dominate all.

Skizzo

I thought alluding to a real world example then a draft one would be better, we have no idea how the le tissier, modric and batty team would work in real life. Keane would probably dominate all.
It's irrelevant to the draft here though? Vieira, Henry and Desailly dominated all and won a World Cup.

One on one, yes, Keane would dominate all...but since I'm not playing with any of those players, its irrelevant to this match too. Silva behind Keane and Scholes has Henry and Ronaldo to pick out, with Kewell stretching out wide. Southgate and Pearce are way out of their depth for that.

Keane and Scholes against Silva, Alonso and Vieira means one of them is unmarked and picking out passes. Vieira is more than capable of picking passes for the forwards, and Silva and Alonso need no introductions in that regard.

Last game you argued that Le Tissier would be irrelevant because his midfield was non-existant. The same argument doesn't fly here.

MJJ

It's irrelevant to the draft here though? Vieira, Henry and Desailly dominated all and won a World Cup.

One on one, yes, Keane would dominate all...but since I'm not playing with any of those players, its irrelevant to this match too. Silva behind Keane and Scholes has Henry and Ronaldo to pick out, with Kewell stretching out wide. Southgate and Pearce are way out of their depth for that.

Keane and Scholes against Silva, Alonso and Vieira means one of them is unmarked and picking out passes. Vieira is more than capable of picking passes for the forwards, and Silva and Alonso need no introductions in that regard.

Last game you argued that Le Tissier would be irrelevant because his midfield was non-existant. The same argument doesn't fly here.
That is fine but you are using a game which never happened as justification for this one? Am not making that argument here so not sure why you keep bringing that up. Use real world examples where we actually know what happens, not theoritical where we think what might happen.

It helps that keane and scholes are better than anyone in your midfield and throughout their respective careers faced lots of three man midfields(some better than yours as pointed above) and werent dominated so not sure why your trio will do it to them.

Playing Silva as a number 10 also limits the room where vieira will make his runs.

Skizzo

That is fine but you are using a game which never happened as justification for this one? Am not making that argument here so not sure why you keep bringing that up. Use real world examples where we actually know what happens, not theoritical where we think what might happen.

It helps that keane and scholes are better than anyone in your midfield and throughout their respective careers faced lots of three man midfields(some better than yours as pointed above) and werent dominated so not sure why your trio will do it to them.

Playing Silva as a number 10 also limits the room where vieira will make his runs.
It's a fantasy draft...I think most discussions draw from experience as well as how players would play. Although when performances in the Premier League are dictating how we should look at your players, Overmars on the left is something you still haven't addressed (and that's after talking about him against Maldini) and then Keane vs Zidane...and then talking about Scholes and Keane partnership when you have a version of Scholes that was completely different to the Scholes that played with Keane?

Keane and Scholes were a great partnership...except you don't have their partnership here, and they're up against Vieira who was always a good match up, and Silva and Alonso who are both very comfortable in possession (as is Vieira) who can all bypass your midfield and unleash my forwards.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
That's relevant how? Zidane point was brought up since you made the absurd argument that Silva in hole will kill our team. For starters we played later version of scholes in 442/4231 fusion to counter this precisely. Next skizzo hatchet job on scholes is low. You don't see us downplaying henry, ronaldo. The role scholes played during 06_09, he was second only to perhaps pirlo and xavi.

MJJ

That's relevant how? Zidane point was brought up since you made the absurd argument that Silva in hole will kill our team. For starters we played later version of scholes in 442/4231 fusion to counter this precisely. Next skizzo hatchet job on scholes is low. You don't see us downplaying henry, ronaldo. The role scholes played during 06_09, he was second only to perhaps pirlo and xavi.
Crappy can you take over? Am at work and its hard to find time to contribute to this right now.

Moby

Dick
Zidane point was brought up since you made the absurd argument that Silva in hole will kill our team
It obviously will, you don't have a winger who will tuck in to help out, or an AM who will track back. There's gonna be space in that midfield for his team to exploit, one way or another which is a result of the addition of the third man.

Skizzo

When did I do a hatchet job on him? All I said was that Silva would pressure him...unless I said something I'm forgetting right now?

Although since we're on the subject. You place Scholes deep to counter Silva being there...which poses two questions. One, Scholes is a notoriously bad tackler, and prone to giving away silly fouls and picking up pointless yellow cards...and he's who you expect to shut down Silva?

Secondly, Scholes playing deep means Keane either tracks Vieira, who can pick a pass and thread through Henry or Ronaldo, or Alonso, who can control the game from deep and pick out those passes too.

As great as Scholes was, you're playing the later version, and expecting him to run the game and shut down someone of Silva's quality. Xaxi and Pirlo wouldn't be able to do that either...

Last edited:

Skizzo

If we're trying to talk about things that actually happened in games...other than Alonso throwing punches at Scholes...there's a couple of other punches being thrown...by players on the same team...

All the talk of chemistry and partnerships and what not, when a manager doubts his own team, and then has Keane out there who's been quoted as saying he wished he punched Shearer, and they have a mutual dislike of each other. Fine margins.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
If we're trying to talk about things that actually happened in games...other than Alonso throwing punches at Scholes...there's a couple of other punches being thrown...by players on the same team...

All the talk of chemistry and partnerships and what not, when a manager doubts his own team, and then has Keane out there who's been quoted as saying he wished he punched Shearer, and they have a mutual dislike of each other. Fine margins.
Keane disliked most people. Him and Sheringham were like chalk and cheese.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Like discussed earlier, is there actually any evidence that Desailly played a full season or more as a centre back for Milan? If not, however you rate Desailly as a centre back - that must surely be the level from his 96-98-00 performances for France and his time in Chelsea where he was part of the team of the decade. Honest question, I've been trying to find evidence myself of Desailly being a first team centre back for Milan and through the seasons I looked at 96-98 I kept finding him listed and played as a midfielder.

@Gio Would love to be educated on it, it is a very interesting point that has been brought up.
I think he played centre-half initially at Nantes and Marseille - that's where he learned his trade as a professional. And Marseille were the best team in Europe during much of his time there - it's worth factoring in when you're assessing Desailly's credentials at centre-half. Rarely at Milan though - probably for a couple of reasons. First, he was needed more in the heart of midfield rather than defence - the back four was already impeccable. Second, his physicality and energy meant other Serie A midfields struggled to cope with him.

The game is much more tactical in Italy and I was in a different phase, too. I managed to get by in midfield. In England I was in a period when I needed to get back to my original position, my real position, at centre-back. The game is so much quicker in England, there’s no time to turn and you are fouled much more. I was heading towards the final years at the top level and I needed to be playing in the position where I was most comfortable.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Not sure. Two great teams. That said, I'm not sold on SkizzoPat's changes. Not particularly sold on Psycho's new name either.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
It obviously will, you don't have a winger who will tuck in to help out, or an AM who will track back. There's gonna be space in that midfield for his team to exploit, one way or another which is a result of the addition of the third man.
I'm not sure how that's obvious at all, Keane faced number 10's throughout his entire career and rarely got exposed. There are few players in the draft better up to the task so it's a strange point to bring up.

It's also stranger given the opposition is facing the exact same threat in the hole - only from the even more threatening Bergkamp.

Vieira wasn't a holding player and I fancy Skizzo's side to struggle far more getting to grips with Bergkamp than Keane and co to deal with Silva.

Moby

Dick
I'm not sure how that's obvious at all, Keane faced number 10's throughout his entire career and rarely got exposed.
It's not restricted to "keane against a number 10", it's about the balance of the two midfield units and one is clearly going to have an advantage in that area given the way the two teams are setup currently. No one is generalizing here by saying a midfield with Keane and Scholes in it cannot play against a three man midfield with a number 10 in it.

Thisistheone

It has been a long established fact that I'm Mourinho. I grate my opponents and even poked Tito in the eye after mindgaming him into dropping Garrincha while cruising ahead in a semifinal.

RIP hopes of the footballing world, courtesy of Fefo Eyzaguirre :D
:lol::(

Still gets me! Epic match.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
I'm not really sure about a Kewell-Bridge left flank closing out a draft final.