All Time Premier League Fantasy Draft: Final - MJJ/Crappy vs Skizzo/Pat | Skizzo/Pat win!

With players at peaks in the teams indicated, who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Skizzo

The green smiley was for the typo that noone else seems to have picked up on.

The supporting cast is actually rather similar to Utd's 07-08 formation, or one of the formations we played at least. Defensive right back playing behind him - Gallas here instead of Brown. Wide midfielder playing on the left side of midfield and cutting in when we're in possession to create - David Silva for Giggs. Two mobile, creative forwards - Henry/Suarez for Rooney/Tevez, with Henry sharing Rooney's inclination to drift wide on the left and Suarez sharing Tevez's workrate. Alonso is similar in style to that version of Scholes, while Vieira has a different style but is significantly better than Carrick.

Ronaldo's got a fine supporting cast and he'll roast Pearce here.
I didn't want to draw attention to anus :lol:

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
They strolled the last two rounds, the first one unfairly IMO, because of Keane and Scholes. Don't think anyone is underrating them, just that they're almost matched by Skizzos mid, and possibly bested by his front four. Scholes 2006-09 wasn't playing with Keane either, impossible to tell how both would have fared with the latter day version.

MJJ

The green smiley was for the typo that noone else seems to have picked up on.

The supporting cast is actually rather similar to Utd's 07-08 formation, or one of the formations we played at least. Defensive right back playing behind him - Gallas here instead of Brown. Wide midfielder playing on the left side of midfield and cutting in when we're in possession to create - David Silva for Giggs. Two mobile, creative forwards - Henry/Suarez for Rooney/Tevez, with Henry sharing Rooney's inclination to drift wide on the left and Suarez sharing Tevez's workrate. Alonso is similar in style to that version of Scholes, while Vieira has a different style but is significantly better than Carrick.

Ronaldo's got a fine supporting cast and he'll roast Pearce here.
:lol: Just realized it.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
he was a better player at Real in all respects IMO and I would say peaked around 2012 midway through his period in Madrid.
Ofc Real was a better platform, but I really rated him at Liverpool too. He made them a half-decent side and they promptly went shite after Rafa let him go. He was very good till the end (2009 season).

They wanted to let him for Gareth Barry, ffs! :houllier:

MJJ

Ofc Real was a better platform, but I really rated him at Liverpool too. He made them a half-decent side and they promptly went shite after Rafa let him go. He was very good till the end (2009 season).

They wanted to let him for Gareth Barry, ffs! :houllier:
TBF to rafa, alonso was average at best before that season and barry was pretty good for villa.

Fergus' son

Gets very easily confused
Don't like Skizzos midfield to be honest and I think MJJ comfortably has the edge in that department, however, I think Skizzo actually has the better work rate from his front four, largely because of Suarez, and that could tip the edge.

Skizzo

Ok so let's make it a little more interesting and mix it up here. With a slender lead, we'll shuffle the pack and look to control the midfield and take some sting out of the game. We'll slide Silva to the AM spot and give us a 3 vs 2 advantage in the middle to help control the game.

We'll sacrifice the work rate of Suarez in the middle, and bring in the work rate of Kewell down the left side to help negate a bit of the threat of Overmars, while using his pace to keep Ivanovic on his toes. Kewell will be willing to put in a shift back and forth down that wing and provide a bit of extra shield against the more dangerous winger for the opposition.

On our side, we still have Ronaldo on the right, attacking Pearce (Pierce? :p ) and when cutting inside, only Southgate will be there to provide any kind of resistance. Ronaldo past Pearce to Southgate is a combination of weakest match ups and clearest route here...and that hasn't even touched on Henry finding space and playing on the shoulders of an aging McGrath and Southgate. Silva back in his AM spot pulling the strings and helping control the midfield with Alonso and Vieira against Keane and Scholes. Numerical and possession advantage, and a more dangerous attacking threat, while being able to nullify a bit more of the opposition's threat.

@green_smiley if you could update the OP please :)

Skizzo

Let's discuss set pieces a bit too here. With Ronaldo and Henry we have a good set piece threat from direct kicks, with Alonso and Silva we have good balls coming in from indirect free kicks and corners. Then there's the aerial threat with Ronaldo, Campbell, Desailly, Vieira and Henry. Corners will be a bit of a mismatch in our favour...not to mention Kewell whipping crosses in for Ronaldo to run on to and meet against Pearce and Southgate.

With Pearce so aggressive and facing a nightmare opponent in Ronaldo, Silva drifting between the lines among Scholes and his wonderful tackles, and Henry running at the back line...free kicks can be expected to pop up for us too.

Heading out for a bit to my game. Should be back in a couple of hours :)

diarm

Funny game this. I think if Skizzo/Pat had just lined up a simple 433 with Henry, Ronaldo and Suarez up front and said "we're going to bloody well attack all day long" I'd have voted for them without too much thought.

As it is, I wasn't too excited by the 442 and now, taking Suarez out for Kewell has left me a little underwhelmed as well. I think they've made it harder for themselves than it needed to be.

Then I look at MJJ/CCP's team and see they're stronger where they were already strong but have the same weaknesses as in the semi final. In fact, the left side of their defence might even be weaker than in the last round as at least Overmars offered some protection in front whereas now Ginola offers little. I can't get past the notion that this is suicide against Cristiano Ronaldo.

Team MJJ is stronger in midfield though and the combination of Bergkamp and Shearer is irresistible looking. They'll score more than one goal in this match. I just think that against that defence; Henry, Suarez (before he was subbed off) and in particular Ronaldo will cause too much damage.

Team Skizzo to win by a goal or two in a high scoring affair.

MJJ

@diarm does ginola Pearce axis really offer less defensively than the Silva bridge axis? Their left side was far weaker than ours, as acknowledged by team skiz with the current change of tactics. I would say that tactical blunder played into our hands since the start of the game and with the current change they have lost that attacking oomph that they had.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
@diarm does ginola Pearce axis really offer less defensively than the Silva bridge axis? Their left side was far weaker than ours, as acknowledged by team skiz with the current change of tactics. I would say that tactical blunder played into our hands since the start of the game and with the current change they have lost that attacking oomph that they had.
The problem is one faces Ronaldo and the other doesn't.

Lucky for you, while I rate Kewell, I'm not overly keen on him with Henry through the middle. I'm not sure why SkizzoPat refused to have Henry cutting in from the left with Suárez central. Defensive contribution? Who cares? It's still Ronaldo vs. Pearce as opposed to Overmars vs. Bridge.

I would have probably switched if they went up a gear but now I can't shake the feeling they have overthought their gameplan and that you are playing more decisively. Going about things with real purpose can make a massive difference, and you have a man in midfield who proved it time and again.

MJJ

Lucky for you, while I rate Kewell, I'm not overly keen on him with Henry through the middle. I'm not sure why SkizzoPat refused to have Henry cutting in from the left with Suárez central. Defensive contribution? Who cares? It's still Ronaldo vs. Pearce as opposed to Overmars vs. Bridge.

I would have probably switched if they went up a gear but now I can't shake the feeling they have overthought their gameplan and that you are playing more decisively. Going about things with real purpose can make a massive difference, and you have a man in midfield who proved it time and again.
One also has scholes picking him out while the other has alonso.

With this latest sub, I think our attack just about edges his.

Skizzo

Mainly because henry never played out wide for Arsenal. We wanted to stay at least somewhat close to source material. Kewell will offer more defensively there than Henry too, leaving him free to run the channels between Southgate and Pearce.

Ronaldo will have the beating of Pearce, and his backup is less than convincing...it means that whole back line has to shift to try and cover...But with the pace and movement of Henry and ronaldo, and Silva between the lines behind the midfield, it will cause chaos.

We haven't over thought it, we have an advantage, and now we have the players in midfield to control the game. He won't get much pressure or tracking back from that front 4, and Keane and Scholes will be running around trying to get the ball from Silva and Alonso.

Skizzo

One also has scholes picking him out while the other has alonso.

With this latest sub, I think our attack just about edges his.
You also have Southgate covering Pearce. Gareth Southgate. Covering a just about past it Stuart Pearce....against prime Henry and Ronaldo, fed by Silva. Alonso is another outlet...not sure why you chose to completely ignore the little magician, who would be picked up by who here?

Moby

Dick
Mainly because henry never played out wide for Arsenal. We wanted to stay at least somewhat close to source material. Kewell will offer more defensively there than Henry too, leaving him free to run the channels between Southgate and Pearce.

Ronaldo will have the beating of Pearce, and his backup is less than convincing...it means that whole back line has to shift to try and cover...But with the pace and movement of Henry and ronaldo, and Silva between the lines behind the midfield, it will cause chaos.

We haven't over thought it, we have an advantage, and now we have the players in midfield to control the game. He won't get much pressure or tracking back from that front 4, and Keane and Scholes will be running around trying to get the ball from Silva and Alonso.
I don't see an issue with it, you're not playing him on the flank but the left channel which is where he'll attack from wherever you position.

More than that, Silva in the hole was a no brainer for me, that space is what will kill MJJ's team and you had an ideal player to hit him at the vital point.

Skizzo

I don't see an issue with it, you're not playing him on the flank but the left channel which is where he'll attack from wherever you position.

More than that, Silva in the hole was a no brainer for me, that space is what will kill MJJ's team and you had an ideal player to hit him at the vital point.
We made a little gif showing the movement when in possession...But it got scrapped when revising the write up :(

MJJ

You also have Southgate covering Pearce. Gareth Southgate. Covering a just about past it Stuart Pearce....against prime Henry and Ronaldo, fed by Silva. Alonso is another outlet...not sure why you chose to completely ignore the little magician, who would be picked up by who here?
The same person who is picking up bergkamp?

MJJ

Bergkamp is playing where? Off shearer? Or in your diagram you have him as an AM?
There isnt much difference in the position of a support/second striker, number 10, Am. All three will drop into the space between mid and defense, the only difference is that the SS drops from a forward position while the AM moves up from a deeper position.

MJJ

And roy keane handled Zidane in a midfield trio with deschamps and davids, am sure he can handle silva playing in the hole. A reminder if anyone needs it.

Skizzo

There isnt much difference in the position of a support/second striker, number 10, Am. All three will drop into the space between mid and defense, the only difference is that the SS drops from a forward position while the AM moves up from a deeper position.
It makes a difference because you're playing Scholes as a deep playmaker, so Silva pressures him. The benefit of us having three in midfield. If you have Bergkamp dropping that deep to pressure our midfielders, Shearer is isolated.

MJJ

It makes a difference because you're playing Scholes as a deep playmaker, so Silva pressures him. The benefit of us having three in midfield. If you have Bergkamp dropping that deep to pressure our midfielders, Shearer is isolated.
Silva cant pressure scholes to save his life, most worldclass DMs have failed to do so and you think a number 10 with poor work rate and slight frame will do it? :lol:

Skizzo

Silva cant pressure scholes to save his life, most worldclass DMs have failed to do so and you think a number 10 with poor work rate and slight frame will do it? :lol:
What does having a slight frame have to do with pressuring him? He's more than capable of being a nuisance when he's on the ball. He doesn't need to bench press him.