All Time Reserves Draft | Quarters

Tuppet

RedTiger - 1. Gianni Rivera 2. Stielike 3. Bossis 4. J.Greaves 5. Donadoni 6. Lucio 7. Boban 8. Reuter 9. Sanchis 10. van der Sar 11. Heynckes 12. Wimmer 13. Ruggeri 14. Lerby 15. Kempes

Tuppet - 1. Florian Albert 2. Thomas Muller 3. Blanchflower 4. Josef Bican 5. Roberto Perfumo 6. Bonhof 7. Morten Olsen 8. Leandro Ferreira 9. Valentino Mazzola 10. Renzo De Vecchi 11. Amadeo Carrizo 12. Felix Loustau 13 Toninho Cerezo 14. Ciro Ferrara 15. Seeler 16. Evra

Skizzo - 1- Nils Liedholm 2. Júnior 3. Alain Giresse 4. Diego Godín 5. Thiago Silva 6. Nándor Hidegkuti 7. Héctor Rial 8. Maicon 9. Mascherano 10. Juninho Pernambucano 11. Joël Bats 12. Vavá 13. Wolfgang Overath 14. Gianluigi Buffon 15. Riva 16. Zagallo

mazhar13 - 1. Allan Simonsen 2. Schweinsteiger 3. Stojkovic 4. David Villa 5. Bratseth 6. Willi Schulz 7. Volodymyr Bezsonov 8. Bernard Dietz 9. Papin 10. Čajkovski 11. Schumacher 12. Conte 13. Suarez 14. Alves 15.Picchi 16. Resenbrink

@RedTiger @Joga Bonito

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Anyway, as a last point I might mention that Lato too would've played a specific part in this Sindelar scheme I was going for: With him frequently operating very narrowly (moving back and forth between the wing and the box, so to speak), I'd have a natural focal point up front when Sindelar drops down: So, it isn't actually a matter of Deyna and Sindelar - simply - interchanging positions (and roles) mechanically (as hinted to above). To put it in somewhat rigid (too rigid) terms: Sindelar drops and becomes the playmaker, Lato moves inside and becomes the striker - and Deyna becomes something like a free man, someone who surges forward as, well, a second striker of sorts. And ideally you then have Armfield (right) and Joya (left) making runs at the same time, giving the now orchestrating Sindelar plenty of options.

That's the theory behind it, if you will.
Yeah good point and I can see Lato's game facilitating the Deyna-Sindelar duo - esp aiding Sindelar's game as a false 9 very well. No shortage of runners or options too, for those two central geniuses without any significant interference or overlap.

Last edited:

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Shutting up shop at the back

RedTiger - 1. Gianni Rivera 2. Stielike 3. Bossis 4. J.Greaves 5. Donadoni 6. Lucio 7. Boban 8. Reuter 9. Sanchis 10. van der Sar 11. Heynckes 12. Wimmer 13. Ruggeri 14. Lerby 15. Kempes 16. Vierchowod

Tuppet - 1. Florian Albert 2. Thomas Muller 3. Blanchflower 4. Josef Bican 5. Roberto Perfumo 6. Bonhof 7. Morten Olsen 8. Leandro Ferreira 9. Valentino Mazzola 10. Renzo De Vecchi 11. Amadeo Carrizo 12. Felix Loustau 13 Toninho Cerezo 14. Ciro Ferrara 15. Seeler 16. Evra

Skizzo - 1- Nils Liedholm 2. Júnior 3. Alain Giresse 4. Diego Godín 5. Thiago Silva 6. Nándor Hidegkuti 7. Héctor Rial 8. Maicon 9. Mascherano 10. Juninho Pernambucano 11. Joël Bats 12. Vavá 13. Wolfgang Overath 14. Gianluigi Buffon 15. Riva 16. Zagallo

mazhar13 - 1. Allan Simonsen 2. Schweinsteiger 3. Stojkovic 4. David Villa 5. Bratseth 6. Willi Schulz 7. Volodymyr Bezsonov 8. Bernard Dietz 9. Papin 10. Čajkovski 11. Schumacher 12. Conte 13. Suarez 14. Alves 15.Picchi 16. Resenbrink

@Chesterlestreet you can proceed with the draw mate

Last edited:

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Semifinal 1:

mazhar13 Vs RedTiger/Joga Bonito

and

Semifinal 2:

Skizzo Vs Tuppet

Can't upload screenshot for some reason, so you'll have to trust it's a legit draw!

As for starting matches, I'll be around somewhat infrequently in the coming days: Ideally, @Balu can start 'em (he can do polls too).

Good luck!

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Ideally, @Balu can start 'em (he can do polls too).
Yeah, no problem. As long as you guys don't include gifs in the op because I'm traveling and only online with a mobile internet connection. Gifs often kill my connection. You can post gifs later yourself though, shouldn't be a problem.

Just send your stuff to me after you've decided when to play:

@mazhar13 @Joga Bonito @RedTiger @Skizzo @Tuppet

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Yeah, no problem. As long as you guys don't include gifs in the op because I'm traveling and only online with a mobile internet connection. Gifs often kill my connection. You can post gifs later yourself though, shouldn't be a problem.
Excellent - and yes, good point on the gifs.

I think we more or less agreed not to post gifs on the first page of any match thread, now that you mention it.

And on that same note - what people can do is to make a separate post (or several) in the main thread, with clips and gifs and whatnot, and then simply link to this from the match thread.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
@Joga Bonito @RedTiger

When are you guys available for a match? For me, I'll struggle to be involved in any weekday during the times when you'll be normally on the Caf, but what other option do I have? Let me know when you guys will be up for a match.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
@Joga Bonito @RedTiger

When are you guys available for a match? For me, I'll struggle to be involved in any weekday during the times when you'll be normally on the Caf, but what other option do I have? Let me know when you guys will be up for a match.
RedTiger and I can cobble something together in the next 3-5 hours and we can have the match on this weekend itself.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Sent write-up to Balu. We can start the match whenever you send in the write-up @mazhar13 , provided you are fine with the match going ahead on the weekend. Presumably as soon as possible if you can. If not, then we can either have our match on Monday or Wednesday I guess.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Sent write-up to Balu. We can start the match whenever you send in the write-up @mazhar13 , provided you are fine with the match going ahead on the weekend. Presumably as soon as possible if you can. If not, then we can either have our match on Monday or Wednesday I guess.
Yeah, I can't be involved in this stuff anymore. I'm done. Not going through good times right now. Get someone else to be a manager. I'm done with drafts for some time. I need to sort out my life first before I get back into the drafting business.

Apologies for dropping out so suddenly. I can't let my real life rot away and let the Internet be my heroin.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Yeah, I can't be involved in this stuff anymore. I'm done. Not going through good times right now. Get someone else to be a manager. I'm done with drafts for some time. I need to sort out my life first before I get back into the drafting business.

Apologies for dropping out so suddenly. I can't let my real life rot away and let the Internet be my heroin.
No need to apologise, hope things get better for you.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Anyone else willing to take over Enigma/mazhar's team?

EDIT: Would still pref a weekend game if possible, if not Monday or Wed as stated above. Cheers.

Last edited:

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd

No need to apologize, mate - drafts aren't important: I hope you sort things out soon, take care.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
I'd suggest the following: If @Downcast wants to, he can replace the last two reinforcements with whoever he might prefer from the reinforcement pool.

He may not want to, of course - but if someone else suits him better, I think it's fair to let him do this under the circumstances.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
I'd suggest the following: If @Downcast wants to, he can replace the last two reinforcements with whoever he might prefer from the reinforcement pool.

He may not want to, of course - but if someone else suits him better, I think it's fair to let him do this under the circumstances.
Thanks. Zizinho instead of Picchi

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
RedTiger - 1. Gianni Rivera 2. Stielike 3. Bossis 4. J.Greaves 5. Donadoni 6. Lucio 7. Boban 8. Reuter 9. Sanchis 10. van der Sar 11. Heynckes 12. Wimmer 13. Ruggeri 14. Lerby 15. Kempes 16. Vierchowod

DownCast - 1. Allan Simonsen 2. Schweinsteiger 3. Stojkovic 4. David Villa 5. Bratseth 6. Willi Schulz 7. Volodymyr Bezsonov 8. Bernard Dietz 9. Papin 10. Čajkovski 11. Schumacher 12. Conte 13. Suarez 14. Alves 15.Zizinho 16. Resenbrink

Skizzo

@Balu I have sent you the write up for our match vs @Tuppet

I'll pretty much be busy mon-fri from now on, at least until late evenings/night time, and won't have much time for the match thread if its up during the week. I don't really want to prolong this though, especially with all the nonsense that's already happened, so feel free to throw it up whenever Tuppet is ready, and please tag @BBRBB so he can contribute as well if he'd like. I'll do what I can, when I can :)

Thanks!

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Yeah any time today, as soon as possible preferably. Thanks for filling in mate.
Good.

@P-Nut0712 has played many drafts with the newbies. Does he want to play his 1st game with the old boys ?

If he wants, he could take the lead and I would be his assistant manager.

Otherwise, I will keep it of course.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
I don't mind starting the games, but it really starts to get a bit silly if the teams are randomly given around to different managers. Shouldn't we just abandon this draft? It wouldn't be the first one that wasn't played till the final. All managers are saying they barely have time to argue during the week, so the matches itself will be a bit boring anyway?

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
I don't mind starting the games, but it really starts to get a bit silly if the teams are randomly given around to different managers. Shouldn't we just abandon this draft? It wouldn't be the first one that wasn't played till the final. All managers are saying they barely have time to argue during the week, so the matches itself will be a bit boring anyway?
I keep the team of enigma and have the time to participate. We have lost some soldiers but I just suggest the participation of a new one who played in the newbies drafts and expressed his interest. It won't be boring because 4 managers would be involved :angel:

@Downcast I've finally been promoted if you need an AM to box centre ideas off give me a shout.
What is it looking like the next draft is going to be along the lines of then? I threw several ideas out in the newbies just before being promoted, several of which would work better up here due to more participants. If anyone has access to the newbs forum it wouldn't be a bad idea to post the ideas up here if possible please.
Got the post copy and pasted to me.

Some draft ideas I've had currently that feedback and interest levels would be good to hear.

1. National team draft - Would start like a sheep draft with a nationality sent to me/AM and then the nation would either be yours if you was the only person picking them or if more than one person picked them the nationality would be blocked. Would them work in the way of a usual draft. Opposing managers blocking 1 or 2 players each for the team so with 8 players would be 14 players blocked. (Could always give more blocks if wanted)

2. Premier league auction draft. Much like the auction draft that was done some time ago in the mains the managers would have a set amount of money and would bid for a player until no raise has been completed for 24 hours. Limiting it to a specific league should minimise the risk of all time greats going for a minimum bid.

3. David G's 1-11 idea. Not too informed on the way it would work yet but would seem the player must have predominantly wore the specific number. Would probably work better as a sheep draft instead of rounds as the teams could become quite weighted with how the picks would fall.

4. Players born after or before a set decade only. This is to limit the pool more than anything and is possibly my least favourite out of the suggested drafts due to a number of same teams being possible that we have seen before.

Side note - I'm considering outlawing a couple of the typical formations, this would need to be a majority votehowever, but I feel it would make all participating managers think outside of the box and should make for good tactical discussions instead of the same old 433/4231 set ups widely seen. This might be sour grapes on my part though so as mentioned would need to be a majority vote.
Any different ideas have surely got to be a good thing it's just a way of finding it to work. The nationalities draft would obviously be extremely difficult but if you had 16 managers that's the top 16 countries blocked straight away and then the playing field would be quite a lot leveller
Could we have a really large number of teams in the next draft. Seems the appetite is massive up here in the mains
Could do a group stage in order to thin out the teams early on but allowing more people to play. 24 with 6 groups of 4 would make it interesting whilst not too difficult to organise.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
I keep the team of enigma and have the time to participate. We have lost some soldiers but I just suggest the participation of a new one who played in the newbies drafts and expressed his interest. It won't be boring because 4 managers would be involved
Fair enough, no problem with that. Just saying that from previous experiences managers usually are less enthusiastic about teams they took over late in a draft compared to ones they built themselves and the matches usually get less interest from neutrals as well because they know the original manager isn't around anymore. With so many changes and so many drop outs, it just looks as if we finish it for the sake of it rather than because the ones who built the teams actually want it.

Anyway, just my take on it.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Fair enough, no problem with that. Just saying that from previous experiences managers usually are less enthusiastic about teams they took over late in a draft compared to ones they built themselves. With so many changes and so many drop outs, it just looks as if we finish it for the sake of it rather than because the ones who built the teams actually want it.

Anyway, just my take on it.
I agree with you.

That is why, @P-Nut0712 is the welcome because he is a very very enthusiastic manager from my experience with the newbies :devil:

Option A: Pnut712 with downcast AM
Option B: Downcast

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
I don't really have the time to the over this otherwise I would. I'm on a leadership course in the morning in the middle of brecon so I'll have zero signal!

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
With so many changes and so many drop outs, it just looks as if we finish it for the sake of it rather than because the ones who built the teams actually want it.
Yep - I think that is pretty much what we are doing. The only legitimate point to carrying on, as I saw it, was to not allow these disruptions (which were, after all, pretty unusual) to force the draft to an end.

Beyond that point, however, there isn't much: Tuppet is the only manager left who has progressed in a more or less normal fashion.

Anyway - if the current managers are actually keen on playing on, then that's great. But if they're mainly doing it just to help out (so to speak), they're good lads for stepping up - but it really isn't necessary: We'll have other drafts.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
I don't really have the time to the over this otherwise I would. I'm on a leadership course in the morning in the middle of brecon so I'll have zero signal!
No problem :)

@Balu I will send you my write-up tonight !

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
If you aren't able to send the write up within an hour or so, we can have the match on Wednesday evening then (17.00 to 18.00 GMT?)