Altay Bayındır signs for Manchester United

Max_United

With his current form, this transfer's absurdity is on par with Bebe's. He makes scandalous errors.

He looked to be okey a couple of years ago and it was rumored that Ajax was interested in signing him. His performances has been going bad ever since. He had his struggles with Fenerbahce's supporters so maybe that did not help him.
and I am afraid this is the reason we signed him - EtH just took the clue from the old Ajax shortlists. I am half-joking of course, and let us see how he actually does - but honestly the extent of our new signings’ links with EtH is a bit of concern. Should not be this way. Of course some of the signings will inevitably have the links, but the majority should not.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Welcome. Never heard of him before, but looks quite decent from 10 mins footage of him.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
The state of this place for feck sake :lol:

Kovar wants game time, he won't get it as number 2.
Instead we buy an experienced backup who is happy to play the cup games and be cover for Onana, for a low cost, lower than Kovar s transfer fee in fact.

Good deal all round,

Phrygian

Supports
Fenerbahçe
As a Fenerbahçe fan, I don't think he is good enough for a top-class team like Man Utd. Thank you for saving us from watching him.

RedUnited86

The state of this place for feck sake :lol:

Kovar wants game time, he won't get it as number 2.
Instead we buy an experienced backup who is happy to play the cup games and be cover for Onana, for a low cost, lower than Kovar s transfer fee in fact.

Good deal all round,
Which is precisely what he is now. Leverkusen's # 1 is their captain and first choice. He'd have got more game time here considering the cup games and Onana going to AFCON.

His move to Leverkusen makes no sense, unless of course Ten Hag doesn't trust him to be our # 2.

Yakuza_devils

Relax guys! We are signing a No.2 and he is definitely good enough. To be frank, if he is highly rated he won't be here as No.2, FFS.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Which is precisely what he is now. Leverkusen's # 1 is their captain and first choice. He'd have got more game time here considering the cup games and Onana going to AFCON.

His move to Leverkusen makes no sense, unless of course Ten Hag doesn't trust him to be our # 2.
Can only presume Alonso offered him the chance to be a cup GK, or the fact that their current number one is 33 years old might out him in the frame for potential number slot next season.

Onanas call up for the national side came after Kovar had left so doubt that played in his mind at all.

Dan_F

This club is strange sometimes. Spend years trying to sell Henderson, only to spend a third of the fee on someone who is a massive risk, when we actually need a solid number two this year.

matsdf

This club is strange sometimes. Spend years trying to sell Henderson, only to spend a third of the fee on someone who is a massive risk, when we actually need a solid number two this year.
Why do we actually need a solid one this year? Because of AFCON and the 3 PL games Onana will miss?

Crimson King

Pretty sure Heaton will be the #2 when fit. It's not easy to get an actual good GK to come and sit on the bench, unless you can guarantee them a few trophies like City. We were lucky with Romero. We tried to get that Suzuki kid, but he wanted more playing time.

Henderson had to go because he wanted to go.

Dan_F

Why do we actually need a solid one this year? Because of AFCON and the 3 PL games Onana will miss?
Err yes? Or if Onana gets an injury we’re in major trouble. There’s a reason most teams in the premier league have solid number twos, we’re probably have one of the weakest if we’re going with Heaton.

Varun1

You watch the compilation videos and hear the feedback from people who follow the Turkish league and wonder why we did not just keep Kovar. A youth goalkeeper who was pretty solid and had title-winning experience in a decent European league. But apparently we are the club who gives youth a chance.
I can see why Kovar moved, a promise to genuinely fight for the number 1 spot is better than certainty of being no 2 with the odd game as number 1. This would have likely killed his chances of a move to a big-ish club like Leverkusen.

However, regardless of Heaton's injury, how the feck are we in this situation. With every season and every window that goes by, we seem to be going backwards. We're on the last day of the fecking window, we're scrambling for a cm, just about signed a GK and have no backup striker.

It's like we're intent on fecking up the club.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Why sell Kovar for £5m and sign Altay for £5m? Like is there any logic? Does anyone know what the rationale is because I’m scratching my head about it all.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
The people making the decision think he is better
Ok but we’re realistically talking about 5/6 games across a 50 game season. Surely Kovar is good enough for those 5-6 games where Onana is at AFCON?

OverratedOpinion

Ok but we’re realistically talking about 5/6 games across a 50 game season. Surely Kovar is good enough for those 5-6 games where Onana is at AFCON?
But they think Bayindir is better.

Why would they not want the player they see as being better whilst actually making profit on the transfer fee?

Nickosaur

All I know about this guy is the 2 min fail compilation when we first got linked to him.

Love an unknown signing! Could be the next Chicharito, or could be Bebe.

Partridge

Looking at his compilation video, I've got to say, I'm not entirely confident in his abilitys..:lol: look like we can all look forward to a few classic feckups, as is traditional at this club..

sillwuka

Welcome, our first Turkish player!!

Kovar good - Bayindir bad according to the fans who watched Kovar twice in pre season.

theatreofdreams777

How can we find lots of money for the goalkeeping department but nothing when it comes to our most pressing need (bringing a CM)?

We overpaid for Onana and got another GK for a similar amount we got from selling Fred. Which makes our CM worse and it's highly debatable that with this signing our GK department is better as Fenerbahce fans couldn't wait to see him gone.

It's like self sabotage.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Why sell Kovar for £5m and sign Altay for £5m? Like is there any logic? Does anyone know what the rationale is because I’m scratching my head about it all.
Might just be because they think he's better. But, also, I think I'm right in saying that would improve our situation (in a minor way) from an FFP perspective? Plus £5m, minus £1.25m (£5m/4years).

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Ten Hag decided to sign him because he was impressed by the speed of Turkish ice cream man's hands at handling cones which provoked a loud "heh" from him.

Omg why is he only signing players that he had experience with!!!?

quadrant

FFP reasons I would guess. Gives us about an extra £4m headroom.