Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Looks like he was playing more central first half? I think that’s where he may end up. He can be a bit too predictable on the right constantly checking back or cutting in and he has brilliant vision and weight of pass which would suit a more central role.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Looks like he was playing more central first half? I think that’s where he may end up. He can be a bit too predictable on the right constantly checking back or cutting in and he has brilliant vision and weight of pass which would suit a more central role.
He played centre midfield today.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He played as an 8.
nice, certainly got the ability and workrate to play there. Think it's better than shunting him out wide and hoping he can take on a man IMO.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Ruined his time there by flopping hard against Celtic. Trust is gone with the manager.

mav_9me

Ruined his time there by flopping hard against Celtic. Trust is gone with the manager.
I doubt the manager is making decisions based off one game, his 2nd game. If he is that doesn't speak well for his management, or maybe he is not seeing enough from Amad in training. I am a big fan of Amad but at some point it's not on others.

laughtersassassin

Ramsey isn't starting games yet either so it's not a big deal.

Amads played 3 games and was the best player in two of them. Was useless versus Celtic but so was every Ranger player

OmarUnited4ever

surprised to see Rangers up 2-0 away at Dortmund.

only first half though, hopefully Amad comes on in 2nd half.

Red Rash

Would be a good chance to bring on Amad because Dortmund should leave room on the counter as they try and get back into the tie

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Would be bad out if he doesn't get any minutes considering he got man of the match last game
Against a league 2 Scottish side which is basically conference level or below.

The loan has aimed too high. He should be in league 1 or lower Championship getting game time.

laughtersassassin

The loan has aimed too high. He should be in league 1 or lower Championship getting game time.
So what can only play against who they let you.

I still stand by his games for us are better than Elangas. Atleast for what I want in a player.

And Amad was very good in the first game too.

2 good games 1 bad.

Looks better than Ramsey has so far for them.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020

What a load of nonsense.

He’s more than capable at this level. Only fecking 3 games into it :lol:

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Gio is a boring, somewhat cowardly manager.

He's like a younger version of Advocaat.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
No way he was getting on tonight. Off the ball he'd be too much of a liability. Ramsey and Kamara both on the bench as well and got 5 minutes.

More chance of seeing some action on Sunday against Dundee United, although again it will depend on how the game pans out.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Because they just beat a far better team 4-2 away from home. His decisions are pretty much validated.
My opinion on Gio is based on his 4,5 years managing Feyenoord, not on the fact that he's not picking Amad.
He could beat Real Madrid 0-5 at Bernabeu and it still wouldn't change my opinion that he's boring and cowardly.

Pickle85

My opinion on Gio is based on his 4,5 years managing Feyenoord, not on the fact that he's not picking Amad.
He could beat Real Madrid 0-5 at Bernabeu and it still wouldn't change my opinion that he's boring and cowardly.
But the poster said that this of all times is not the time to be calling him that. And he's right.

macheda14

Just very weird timing. Rangers 4-2 BVB - ‘what a cowardly manager’

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Is nobody going to say it? Guess I will. It is absolutely wild that we spent 20m + 20m in add ons for a kid who pretty much had 0 exposure to professional football. And 1.5 years later he still has extremely little exposure to first team football. And seems to be a depth player at best for a Scottish team.

Time on his side but fecking hell, it's literally a waste of money unless he becomes genuinely world class in a few years. No other thing will make sense at that level of investment. It's not like we had close to a finished team. I'd be asking serious questions from whoever gave the OK for this deal, you arent paying for potential, you are paying full price for a player 3-5 years away from being ready to be just a squad player let alone a starting or top player. It was an incredibly dumb transfer. Up there with Bebe it has to be, with the exception that he actually has talent so he might turn into a decent player one day. But who decided we had 40m to spare to spunk on a random young kid who is 5 years away from being ready, if ever?

JuriM

Is nobody going to say it? Guess I will. It is absolutely wild that we spent 20m + 20m in add ons for a kid who pretty much had 0 exposure to professional football. And 1.5 years later he still has extremely little exposure to first team football. And seems to be a depth player at best for a Scottish team.

Time on his side but fecking hell, it's literally a waste of money unless he becomes genuinely world class in a few years. No other thing will make sense at that level of investment. It's not like we had close to a finished team. I'd be asking serious questions from whoever gave the OK for this deal, you arent paying for potential, you are paying full price for a player 3-5 years away from being ready to be just a squad player let alone a starting or top player. It was an incredibly dumb transfer. Up there with Bebe it has to be, with the exception that he actually has talent so he might turn into a decent player one day. But who decided we had 40m to spare to spunk on a random young kid who is 5 years away from being ready, if ever?
Real Madrid did the same with Vinicius, Reinier, Rodrygo - 2 of the 3 are now first teamers and Vinicius having a true breakthrough season.
Amad might not be world beater already next season, but on right development he will be one hell of a player.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
But the poster said that this of all times is not the time to be calling him that. And he's right.
I figured some people would be interested in knowing what type of manager he is.
Should I wait 'till he loses a game before I give my opinion? My bad, guess I was a week too late and should have posted after the Celtic loss :rolleyes:

Just very weird timing. Rangers 4-2 BVB - ‘what a cowardly manager’
In what universe does a single result disprove the fact that he's boring and cowardly?

Feel free to share your in depth analysis on Gio's managerial style.

Status
Not open for further replies.