5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Glorio

Amad has dreadful movement. When Rangers had the ball down the left he didn’t make a single run into the box. When he got the ball he looked afraid to try anything.

He’s a young kid but he absolutely shat himself in that environment tonight.
He made some good runs when they had the ball on the opposite flank or in middle, got ignored, and then had to come back onside each time, so unsure we're you got that from.

I did notice though that when his FB had the ball in an advanced position, his preference was to look to create space by going a bit deeper as opposed to darting into the box. It's not right or wrong, just something I found interesting

captaincantona

Big ask for Amad to step into an away firm Derby, but he wilted massively.
Hopefully be a learning experience for him.

Looked positionally weak, barely wanted the ball and seemed overwhelmed by the whole occasion, which is to be expected. It can't be easy to step into a game of that magnitude.

And for those saying the Rangers RB is poor, you are wrong, he is a very good RB and has been for a number of years now, and that pains me to say it. :lol:
Not saying he is a poor player...saying it genuinely looked like he didn’t want use Amad...he seemed to go out of his way not to use the width and to drive infield...that wasn’t Amad’s fault. Maybe trust just needs to be built but it was noticeable in both games.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I don’t know who are more annoying - the morons bashing the club thinking he’s anywhere close to being ready to start ahead of Rashford et al or the eejits writing him off based on not performing in only his 7th(?) senior start during a terrible team performance away at one of the most hostile atmospheres in football 4 days after joining a new club. Actually it’s definitely the latter.
Definitely the latter but big shout out to the former too.

GregtheRed_

Last week he was the second fecking coming of Christ, this week he won’t make it and is a waste of 20m. :lol:

Our fans are so reactive.

Delano

Rangers got destroyed in all areas of the pitch in the first half. To single Amad out would be crazy.

Good experience for him.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Not saying he is a poor player...saying it genuinely looked like he didn’t want use Amad...he seemed to go out of his way not to use the width and to drive infield...that wasn’t Amad’s fault. Maybe trust just needs to be built but it was noticeable in both games.
I don't think Amad showed enough willing to get the ball off him to be fair.

Rangers were awful as a team and to ask Amad to show his capabilities in a team what was poor, in a hostile environment and in just your second game was a step to far in my opinion.

But he has to show more determination and willing than what he did.
There was a moment in the 34th minute where the ball was cleared by Rangers out of their box, it was creeping towards the line but not going out, Amad made no attempt to get the ball or close the defender down who eventually swept it away.
He'll hopefully learn from this and grow, but he is clearly not ready for United's first team yet.
Am sure he'll show more moving forward, as I say, he is still learning.

Red00012

Last week he was the second fecking coming of Christ, this week he won’t make it and is a waste of 20m. :lol:

Our fans are so reactive.
It wasn’t really , look at his performance clip v Ross County ya he played well but feck ,Ross County? :lol:

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
He made some good runs when they had the ball on the opposite flank or in middle, got ignored, and then had to come back onside each time, so unsure we're you got that from.

I did notice though that when his FB had the ball in an advanced position, his preference was to look to create space by going a bit deeper as opposed to darting into the box. It's not right or wrong, just something I found interesting
The RB did the same thing in Amad's debut too. Slowed the transition down or any counter-attacks.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
He needs a season or two of regular football and to finish growing before we can really take stock of him as a player and as a person. We just bought the potential, the rest is up to him. I think he’s silky technical and definitely capable of doing the unexpected but he'd probably also end up on the periphery of too many games here. It’ll hopefully all eventually click together for him with strength and experience.

He’ll bang in two against some poor team soon and the usual heads will be saying “why isn’t he here, he’s a far better player than… this club is stupid “ and all the rest of the frustrated comments. he’s a top prospect but he’s just not ready. If he was he wouldn’t be on loan. He’ll be on loan next year too more than likely for the same reason. Totally fine with it. Loan them all!

Last edited:

Long Time Red

I think tonight shows Amad still has a long way to go.

Odsonne Edouard was a man in a boy's league at Celtic but has looked nothing special at Crystal Palace so far.

NoPace

I think it's generally hard to tell how good a winger's movement is on TV because you don't see it when the defenders have the ball a good chunk of the time.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Didn't watch the game, but from this video when he did have the ball he didn't look to bad, just very few actual touches. As least looked strong on the ball.

Either way, playing in that environment is a good experience for him. Hopefully still starts their next game

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
A kid, playing for Rangers, new at the club, away at Celtic Park. What could possibly go wrong?

I think any judgement based on tonight's game have to be taken with a pinch of salt.

luke511

I think tonight shows Amad still has a long way to go.

Odsonne Edouard was a man in a boy's league at Celtic but has looked nothing special at Crystal Palace so far.
Mm he wasn't that dominant for Celtic performance or stats wise. Henrik Larsson was a man in a boy's league.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Didn't watch the game, but from this video when he did have the ball he didn't look to bad, just very few actual touches. As least looked strong on the ball.

Either way, playing in that environment is a good experience for him. Hopefully still starts their next game
I think the biggest benefits are:

1. Playing at a club that's expected to win every match.
2. High expectations from the fans/crowds and lots of hate thrown at them from the opposition fans.
3. Hagi is out for the season so he has a high chance of starting every match unless he fecks it up.
4. He gets to play against low-block teams and Amad's skillset should prosper. He has pretty good vision but he will need his teammates to move into space, one/two passes, triangles etc. From the small sample sizes I have seen, Rangers don't play like that.
5. He learns to ride some pretty agricultural tackles. That has got to help him in the long run -- what doesn't kill him will help him., hopefully.
6. Hoepfully he learns to trackback and help out on a more consistent basis.

soapythecat

Last night is a good reason why this loan will be really good for him: he will get accustomed to getting bummed by your fiercest rivals away from home.
Anfield and the Etihad won’t be as daunting next season for him.

captaincantona

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Mm he wasn't that dominant for Celtic performance or stats wise. Henrik Larsson was a man in a boy's league.
Not to mention Edouard was 5 years older than Amad when he actually ended up leaving.

Amad has played about 70 mins of senior football all season. Let’s give him a chance.

Kingantti1874

Supports
Hearts
Looks like another in a long line of players who come to scotland and believe they will stroll it and when they don’t they lose a bit of belief..

i had to laugh the other day when I heard the guys on talk sport say .. Aaron Ramsay will get more time on the ball in scotland..

absolute nonsense that, no debating there is no quality comparison between the SPL and the EPL.. but time on the ball? Eh absolutely not! . SPL games will be much faster than anything down south and a better watch.

Diallo needs to up his game, looks like he had great feet and great balance but was bullied out of it last night.

Lentwood

And for those saying the Rangers RB is poor, you are wrong, he is a very good RB and has been for a number of years now, and that pains me to say it. :lol:
Granted I have only seen the Ross County and the Celtic game but he was one of the worst players on the pitch in both games. So slow and clunky, makes AWB look like prime Roberto Baggio on the ball.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Granted I have only seen the Ross County and the Celtic game but he was one of the worst players on the pitch in both games. So slow and clunky, makes AWB look like prime Roberto Baggio on the ball.
:lol: :lol:

He's better than what he has showed the last two games for sure, the only constant the last two games is Amad,

They obviously haven't played with each other previously so will probably take time to get the partnership right.

Nick7

So are we still at the “United are ruining his career“ stage of this thread or at the “he’s overrated and won’t make it” stage. I’m confused

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
If only there were some sort of mechanism where he could play regular football to develop and learn from his mistakes, without impacting our results and then come back when ready.

Nevermind, he's finished.

The Mighty Gatekeeper

Supports
Southend United
Hard to believe those people watched the game...if they did they would have also watched the entire Rangers team - who have played together for years and have ample old firm experience - play equally terribly. Turn on the new guy I guess. What a stupid over reaction to 45 minutes of football.
They DID pay equally terribly, but you don't get to hide individual terribleness behind team terribleness. Each individual apart from Ryan Jack when he came on was terrible. They should all be slated individually. Except the only person relevant for Man Utd and their fans is Diallo, so he should be individually criticised.

Woodenlung

Rangers played much better football when Gerrard was manager. I've watched a bit of them since GVB took over and the decline in quality is noticeable.

There's lots of pressure already being heaped upon the manager. You'd worry a bit for Amad. Can see him getting dropped for a bit.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Rangers played much better football when Gerrard was manager. I've watched a bit of them since GVB took over and the decline in quality is noticeable.

There's lots of pressure already being heaped upon the manager. You'd worry a bit for Amad. Can see him getting dropped for a bit.
That Sakala kid who I think is the other option looks pretty crap. Unless one of the CMs goes out wide I think they'll have to persevere. As they should of course - they don't play Celtic every day.

Oranges038

The over reaction to this is ridiculous.

Whole team was shit, 3 down at half time. GVB who already looks out of his depth just chucked on a couple of attacking players in the hope something worked out. It didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.