Amad Diallo signs for Manchester United

b82REZ

How many of our recently-transferred players have said lines akin to this:

"After speaking to Solskjaer, I knew I had joined the right club. His plan for the future is fantastic.'

Also, can I just say, some numpties go around saying Solskjaer doesn't have a philosophy, he doesn't have a footballing plan. I'm not sure if they are football illiterate, or whether they are just on a wind up, or perhaps they just like to moan. For me, and other folk who watch the sport, the identity of this United side is very clearly obvious and Diallo looks every inch the type of player Ole likes to play in a front line...

I'm kinda excited about this player - I hope to see him in the first team as soon as.. though don't expect to see him until march/April at least.

But I am DEFINITELY excited about having Ole as a manager. He is doing a terrific job, most of which is going unnoticed.
Players spout the same soundbites regardless of which club they sign for.

Didn't Harry Kewell once say Liverpool's vision for the future was going be better than what we suggested so he signed for them.

Didn't Sanchez come out with similar supportive messages just after he signed for us and then backtrack on them massively when he left?

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
19 years old, never played in the PL...

I expect him to start against Burnley & Liverpool
Neither did Ronaldo but I was there that day when he made his debut....

Doubt if I'll ever see the crowd on their feet like on that day

Teja

Didn't Sanchez come out with similar supportive messages just after he signed for us and then backtrack on them massively when he left?
I think in the case of Sanchez, Pogba and Lukaku, the players genuinely bought into the narrative. Of course it didn't pan out as they expected, so they'll complain.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Liverpool turned down the chance to sign Ronaldo for £4m due to their scouts having the belief that Le Tallec and Sinama Pongolle were superior talents according to then Liverpool assistant Phil Thompson.

Also regarding the piece in question, it was written by Mark Ogden who seems to go the extra mile to portray United in a negative way. Him along with Duncan Castles should be taken with a pinch of salt regarding United.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Care to elaborate? So you’re his biggest critic/hater? The whole sentence is just odd but the “far from it” takes the cake. I presume you’ve watched a bucketload of his youth games to form such a character opinion? Been following him since 2015 and such?
*WHOOSH*

How many games will you give it before you write him off?

I'm going with 4.
frankly, if he doesn’t start against Watford I’ll assume he isn’t all that and it’s another ball dropped by Ed and co......

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
*WHOOSH*

frankly, if he doesn’t start against Watford I’ll assume he isn’t all that and it’s another ball dropped by Ed and co......
If he's not ready to train by 9am tomorrow, we'll all know his attitude is all wrong

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.

Ogden is know shit stirrer. No point in going over his article.

By the way which number he will take?

El Jefe

Can't wait until he plays so we can stop hearing from all the 'experts' who have watched a few clips of him or read up on profiles of him and pass it on as gospel.

The only opinions I'd really care for are the United scouts that recommended him.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Liverpool turned down the chance to sign Ronaldo for £4m due to their scouts having the belief that Le Tallec and Sinama Pongolle were superior talents according to then Liverpool assistant Phil Thompson.

Also regarding the piece in question, it was written by Mark Ogden who seems to go the extra mile to portray United in a negative way. Him along with Duncan Castles should be taken with a pinch of salt regarding United.
More like a bucket ;)

Gopher Brown

They probably still talk about their better ‘natural ability’ and curse those injuries that robbed them of their glittering careers, and Liverpool of 10 seasons of back-to-back league wins.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
He's a wildcard. He's a bit like martial from what i've seen in that he likes to link play but he seems to be more willing to run and against low blocks he could be what James failed to be for us. So time will tell. If he can force defenses into mistakes just out of being positive then that's a good thing. It could really make a difference because we rely too much on Martial and Rashford for that kind of thing and they need support. Greenwood can do it but will be interesting to see how he (and others) develop.

BestRed

Great to get this done, hope the lad goes on to have a brilliant career with us. Looking forward to seeing him develop.

Bwuk

Let’s hope he has the same impact as our last January signing...

Litch

The next scapegoat......this place is just the worst for patience

MrBest

When is he available to start training and for match selection (although I think Ole will bed him in slowly as he did with Greenwood, not Pellistri).

Crashoutcassius

What kind of wage is he on?
duncan castles reporting he is getting paid in manchester stock and will be the majority shareholder
Let's hope he gets more game time than Donny has been afforded.
You are gonna be disappointed I think, Donny has played 1000 minutes. If diallo has played considerably more than 11 full games in second half of the year I'll be shocked

pascell

Which will apply to almost every talent his age. I hope the club (and the fans) are willing to be patient. Reading the Greenwood thread, I wouldn’t be too confident about that.
Crazy to see him getting slated, he'll come good 100% by the time the seasons out. Although, I dont even think he's been that bad, he's helped link play and hold possession very well in those games he's getting criticised.

He just needs a goal and he'll be away.

Bojan Djordjic

How long will it take for him to get his work permit? Would have been great to see him against Watford if only for twenty minutes but that doesn't look like it'll happen at this stage.

Nick7

Crazy to see him getting slated, he'll come good 100% by the time the seasons out. Although, I dont even think he's been that bad, he's helped link play and hold possession very well in those games he's getting criticised.

Yeah but he’s not scoring at least a goal a game.

RUCK4444

I agree regarding Greenwood. He actually retains possession well and links up well.

I would like to see him start this weekend and get a run of games, I’d bet he would have scored more than Martial has in all the starts he’s had.

pascell

Yeah but he’s not scoring at least a goal a game.
That comes next season!
I agree regarding Greenwood. He actually retains possession well and links up well.

I would like to see him start this weekend and get a run of games, I’d bet he would have scored more than Martial has in all the starts he’s had.
Yeah I'm sure he'll start this weekend. RW isn't his natural position either, he was more or less an inside forward last season, this season we seems to be playing them more as wingers so he's had to do his fair share of defending, when we know he's most effective in and round the opposition area.

We brought him on as a striker vs West Ham and he scored that brilliant goal, that showed what he's about, the movement, touch and finish was sublime.

Adnan

Talent Spotter

Ogden wouldn't use the testimony of this Roma scout so had to put forth the opinion of a anonymous one because it portrayed the club in a negative light.