Amad Diallo signs for Manchester United

Halftrack

Martial has to be the most overrated player on this site. What exactly has he done? Scored a great goal on his debut. He has been atrocious so far this season and now got himself banned for 3 games.

Ronaldo on the other hand already had a season under Sporting and proved himself against us in pre-season friendlies.
I forgot Martial hadn't played between his debut and the start of this season.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He can easily be better then Sancho in around two years.

I hear he is already getting abuse form so called "United-fans" on Twitter. Hopefully its bullshit, but i wouldn't be surprised by this toxic, nasty fan-base.
They real are the worst. Bunch of entitled moaners who I can say are making football far less enjoyable for me.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Could easily go the way of Gael Kakuta or Adnan. It is a risk buying young players and giving them millions. They may have the talent but you need drive as well.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Never heard of him. But I had never heard of Cristiano Ronaldo prior to August 2003.

Or Bebe in August 2010.

I'll happily take him falling somewhere between the two in performances.

Mindhunter

Agree with this signing. We need to sign the next Messi. Identify it and sign it.

Siorac

Never heard of him. But I had never heard of Cristiano Ronaldo prior to August 2003.

Or Bebe in August 2010.

I'll happily take him falling somewhere between the two in performances.
And he almost certainly will. Unless he's one of those teenagers whom we sign and then never see again.

lsd

The Oracle
Has he really only played 3 games for the first team ?

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
Rooney, Nani
Martial was playing for Monaco in the CL, Rooney was a full international, scoring goals at the EUROs, Nani was playing for Sporting, Anderson for Porto and before that in Brazil. Not really comparable.

Eddy_JukeZ

Never watched the lad play.

Hopefully he's a real talent and does well here.

AFC NimbleThumb

If he reaches peak Nani I’ll be happy anything more & I’d become emotional - hopefully kicks on in Italy & comes in firing.

The Irish Connection

Better than nothing, just a pity we couldn’t get him in for now instead of January. Hope he does well and the add ons get paid for good performances etc.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Never watched the lad play.

Hopefully he's a real talent and does well here.
I predict the next two to three years of arguments revolving around needing to give him time before he eventually departs the club with not so much as a whimper.

ChaddyP

Has he really only played 3 games for the first team ?
the way i look at it is imagining someone buying Greenwood in summer 2019 . Probably had 2 or 3 first team appearances at the time. I hope its a situation like that. Think we may have bought a gem here. well im hoping

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Could easily go the way of Gael Kakuta or Adnan. It is a risk buying young players and giving them millions. They may have the talent but you need drive as well.
you would assume if we are looking at him since 2016 we’ve probably figured out how driven he is but nothing would surprise me with this club today! Glass half full this lad does sound like he could be a baller. People were saying wolves were mental for paying around the same for Fabio silva....

Zoo

The price is crazy for a kid who has only played 3 games in the slowest league of the top 5, but hopefully he's as special as some of the claims being made.

Who is this guy?
Works with Fabrizio Romano. Italian journo

Okey

Coming in January, for which I'm hugely excited. But for now, so we got no RW signed for now?

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Everyone that has watched this kid say he's very talented but so called experts who have never watched him play in their life know better...

MrBest

Looks amazing on YouTube, but so did Bebe. Gutted we didn't address the right wing this window but this boy looks really good. Hopefully, he is as good as his fee suggests and makes an impact when he comes in Jan (if we get over the work permit obstacle).

liamp

Really excited about this one...more so than any of the other signings. Let's hope we don't feck up his development.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.

Apparently we wanted him last year as well

Dante

Average bang
Is that true? Fecking hell if so, we're a total circus.
He's played a total of 24 minutes of senior football in the league in his entire career. 24 minutes.

The fact his arrival at United is going to be delayed by 3 months is irrelevant. He isn't going to get onto the pitch for us any time soon. The kid has played fewer minutes than Chong and Angel had at the same age.

Diallo needs games more than he needs to join up with our squad. Keeping him at Atalanta is probably the best thing for his development right now.