Amad Diallo | Sunderland Loan Watch

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
I hope you are right but the fact that Sunderland fans think he's the best means very little. It's called bias.
As for the moment, I am not convinced Amad is the best player in the Championship. But you are correct. It can be argued.
To be fair he probably isn’t - I think he’s definitely the most talented though and if he keeps his current development trajectory will be the most productive by the end of this season. I’m convinced he’s a special player who just needs to keep developing physically.

SAFMUTD

His quality with Elanga's physical attributes :drool:

The only thing that doesn't let me get excited about Amad is his lack of speed and acceleration. It's really hard for a winger to be top class without those attributes. He can be molded in to a creative midfielder maybe?

Northumberland Red

Supports
Sunderland
His quality with Elanga's physical attributes :drool:

The only thing that doesn't let me get excited about Amad is his lack of speed and acceleration. It's really hard for a winger to be top class without those attributes. He can be molded in to a creative midfielder maybe?
Now Simms has been recalled by Everton ( been good for us and interesting to see if he gets a game for them in a poor side or warms the bench) Diallo may play behind Stewart where I think he will be great -a number 10 type role .We only have one striker albeit a very good one in Stewart so Diallos position could be cemented as that “second “ striker .
Lad is a good character and loving it here .
Will push hard for a place in your starting 11 next season for you in my humble -is gradually learning how to deal with the physicality of the Championship -great potential

SAFMUTD

Now Simms has been recalled by Everton ( been good for us and interesting to see if he gets a game for them in a poor side or warms the bench) Diallo may play behind Stewart where I think he will be great -a number 10 type role .We only have one striker albeit a very good one in Stewart so Diallos position could be cemented as that “second “ striker .
Lad is a good character and loving it here .
Will push hard for a place in your starting 11 next season for you in my humble -is gradually learning how to deal with the physicality of the Championship -great potential
We're happy to see him shine with you, after an awful spell with Rangers I had almost given up on him being honest.

Hopefully he'll carry on with it and you get back to the EPL.

Have had a weak spot for Sunderland since the Sunderland til I die series.

lost7

Would have he performed any worse than Anthony on the right? Not sure - not saying he should be recalled, playing loads of games in the championship will be crucial for his development

Idxomer

Would have he performed any worse than Anthony on the right? Not sure - not saying he should be recalled, playing loads of games in the championship will be crucial for his development
Nope, but he needed the regular game time.

He has a higher potential than Antony.

trevor newnham

Supports
Vigo RFC, Charlton
at this moment in time he is possibly better than Antony but he is playing in a League below Prem level so Id reserve judgement

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Always have to shit on one of our other players when praising another on this forum :rolleyes:

Idxomer

The only one who showed up today for Sunderland who might be playing the dumbest football I've seen in a long while.

Idxomer

He's having a really good game, Sunderland are playing much better in this 2nd half too.

Remember the geese

Brilliant today. Sunderland really should have won the game and Amad could/should have come away with a goal, an assist or both. At the heart of most of Sunderland's best work. Linked up and interchanged very nicely with Roberts. Such a classy player to watch.

Glorio

Brilliant today. Sunderland really should have won the game and Amad could/should have come away with a goal, an assist or both. At the heart of most of Sunderland's best work. Linked up and interchanged very nicely with Roberts. Such a classy player to watch.
Building a good understanding with Roberts whenever they're close together, which will be good for him as that Roberts fella can play a bit compared to the rest of his teammates

Remember the geese

Building a good understanding with Roberts whenever they're close together, which will be good for him as that Roberts fella can play a bit compared to the rest of his teammates
Yeah it definitely works to Amad's advantage to have Roberts there alongside him. Earlier on in the season, Amad was looking promising but wasn't really seeing enough of the ball. Now though his influence on the team has massively increased and his teammates seem to trust him and defer to him more. Things happen when he's on the ball and you want him on it as much as possible.

Mr PG

Amad just needs to grow. His technical abilities are already top level. At a minimum we will be able to sell him and get our 20 million back as I think he's a no 10 and not a winger and I honestly don't think he will make our team as Bruno is just insanely good.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
If you wrote this guy off, sorry but you have a terrible eye for talent. His talent is so obvious. His work rate, defensive contribution and intensity is already very good.

It is so easy to look at him and just go he's technically good but not ready yet physically. Just very lazy. I think he'll do even better with better players around him. Being one of the best players in the championship at that age, is seriously impressive.

Yakuza_devils

I would be happy if next year he could come back to the squad and be a Malacia type of contribution, someone who is not first 11 but important squad player to stand in whenever necessary.

He can be back up for our wingers Rashford, Sancho and Antony whenever there is injuries/ off forms/cup games.

Red Rash

Really happy to hear his loan is going well. I think some fans have been way too harsh on him. We signed him as an 18 year old with very little first team experience and a hefty fee when considering the add ons so it seems some fans have unrealistic expectations.

In reality the fee isn't so bad when you consider add ons will only be triggered based on success.

In terms of Amad I really like his style of play and he proved in his first season that he was a level above the under 23s. His loan move to Rangers I don't think was the disaster some are making it out to be. He had some very good performances but just wasn't really fancied by Van Bronkhurst.

Physically he is pretty slight too so naturally it's taken a bit longer to adapt to men's football. The good thing is he is playing well in a competitive league and on a consistent basis. If he continues at this trajectory I'd love to see our options next season as:

LW : Rashford, Sancho, Garnacho
RW : Antony, Sancho, Amad
CF : Martial, Rashford, New CF

With those kind of options we should be pretty well prepared for a long season and multiple competitions

BeltUp

Supports
United
Evans, Welbeck, Amad, Keane. We've been way too good to Sunderland.
And qith all that good will they still took the piss at OT the day City won the league. Although, to be fair, I saw a load of Sunderland supporters get flattened on Sir Matt Busby Way so maybe we can call it even.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
And qith all that good will they still took the piss at OT the day City won the league. Although, to be fair, I saw a load of Sunderland supporters get flattened on Sir Matt Busby Way so maybe we can call it even.
Yeah they’ve paid handsomely for the Poznan over the last decade. Ironically their fans are these days rooting for us because their very own neighbors now have oil money. What goes around comes around.

CM

Good decision, but also good to know that he seems to rate him highly. Maybe he will be in contention for the first team next season

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I can see why it’s tempting — he really would have a strong claim to start RW right now. Antony is still looking so-so; we still don’t know 1. When Sancho will return and 2. How he will return; and Elanga has really strong interest from Everton…

Probably for the better to let him stay at Sunderland. Everything is flowing through him. He has a serious shout for their POTY and if he continues he might be a shout for YPOTY in the whole division?

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Worst part is Antony wasn’t even bad today.
Yeah but the clubs PR team has made his entry-level-footballer-skill into a thing so he must suffer. To be fair Antony also did that to himself.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
OK, I hold my hand up and will admit that I completely wrote him off. Glad to hear he's doing well on loan, here's hoping he can be a useful member of the squad next season!

Bojan Djordjic

I completely disagree. Garnacho will go far further than Amad in the game for me. He looks to already have more than Amad hence the no need for the loan move despite being a lot younger.

Amad went to Rangers in a poor man's league and didn't rip up any trees at all let's not forget.
Garnacho's a far more dynamic athlete but he's probably also at his peak in terns of athleticism. He's a fairly good striker of the ball but apart from acceleration and ball striking I don't see any areas of his game that Garnacho does better. All Amad's skills/talents are the types that will improve with age and judgment whereas Garnacho's acceleration will only dim with age (although not for a few years hopefully).

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
When Amad returns to United in the summer, then Ten Hag will have a good idea if he has the skills required to actually add something to the squad during pre season training and matches.
It will be interesting to see if he plays him wide right (I think that is where he will initially start in the team), or as a 10 type of player.
I have complete faith in Ten Hag to make the right decision on Amad's immediate future, whether that be with United, or another season on loan, possibly to a premier club, similarly with Hannibal, Laird and Fernandez, who had decent loans so far.

fullyend

i think utd fans took the piss out of us years earlier for being relegated. sorry if that upsets you, though if finishing second after countless years of winning. as for being flattened - same old shite most football fans or hooligans spout about everyone but themselves. probably make-believe.

As for Amad. Fantastic player and I think he will be in your starting eleven when he returns.

fullyend

and it was at the SOL not OT. Take it you don't attend Utd games otherwise that one would have really stuck in your mind. Why would Sunderland fans be on Sir Matt Busby way when the match was played in Sunderland. Are you lying mate? I think you are like.

I await the... "well must have been another game" response.

Last edited:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
What’s the issue with that guy if you don’t mind me asking?
Tbh I find him annoying too. He goes way over the top in his praise and I find his analysis meh. Also he speaks so matter of factly, and that things must be as if he knows all, when there is a ton of variability and unpredictability in football. My impression of the guy.