Amad Diallo | Sunderland Loan Watch

Bondi77

When you actually add up that we have Rashford, Antony, Garnacho, Sancho, he who shall not be currently named, Pellestri and Diallo we’ve got a lot of depth out wide so if you added a quality centre forward who can link play along with Fernandes in there too that’s a very strong attacking unit which Martial as back up.
I agree and I just think we need the one addition and that is possibly Rasmus as a CF.

glasgow 21

When o when are United supporters going to wake up and except that Martial is no back up for anything other than making tea in the medical room. He is made of glass. We have another 2 years of this to look forward to.

Bondi77

When o when are United supporters going to wake up and except that Martial is no back up for anything other than making tea in the medical room. He is made of glass. We have another 2 years of this to look forward to.
Well if we are not terminating his contract and we have no chance of selling him because he is on a monster wage then what is he if he is not at least a back up?

Rampant Red Rodriguez

Scared of women, so hates them.
I am hoping BHA will be involved in some form of European football next season. And Caicedo already wanted to leave for Arsenal mid season and the chances of him leaving increases at the end of the season.

Also Amad would suit the way BHA plays.

If you consider both the points we buying Caicedo and Amad going on loan as a sweetener, it does not look bad of what I posted before?
I'd rather send them Sancho and utilise Amad.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Where do you get this stuff. No it is not. It has never been. Garnacho didnt need this. Saka at arsenal didnt need these loans. Amad just needs a chance. Then he will do the rest. The games we are giving to sancho or to pellistri or elanga should be given to Amad. He will do the rest.

Even if he goes out on loan in the premier league, there will be doubts about his ability to cope with manutd. Why? Becoz it is incomparable. The only way to do this when you are ready is to jump in...then you either sink or swim. Amad has already shown that he deserves more opportunities at manutd. All the games he played for us prior to the loans showed that he was ready for the step up. Ole loaned him out becoz ole was an indecisive lousy manager. He signed so many old players we that led to us having a bloated squad. Amad was the easy option to send out on loan but he was ready even then. His time has come, give the boy the opportunities
Exactly. Again people seem to be obsessed with this notion of every young player needing this perfect gradual approach of bedding in before being ready to even contribute minutes for our team when we have a prime example of a player in our own squad that hasn't needed that just this year.

Amad is supremely talented (probably more so than Antony in a pure skill sense), and we have no other depth for the RW position nor for Bruno.

dinostar77

Where do you get this stuff. No it is not. It has never been. Garnacho didnt need this. Saka at arsenal didnt need these loans. Amad just needs a chance. Then he will do the rest. The games we are giving to sancho or to pellistri or elanga should be given to Amad. He will do the rest.

Even if he goes out on loan in the premier league, there will be doubts about his ability to cope with manutd. Why? Becoz it is incomparable. The only way to do this when you are ready is to jump in...then you either sink or swim. Amad has already shown that he deserves more opportunities at manutd. All the games he played for us prior to the loans showed that he was ready for the step up. Ole loaned him out becoz ole was an indecisive lousy manager. He signed so many old players we that led to us having a bloated squad. Amad was the easy option to send out on loan but he was ready even then. His time has come, give the boy the opportunities
Its how football has worked for a very long time when developing young players Only exceptional young talents dont go out on loan to gain experience. There is a step up from championship level to PL level.

Amad was never ready when he signed for us. He'd played 4 first team games for atalanta. We should have loaned him back to atalanta for the rest of that season.

Young players need first team football, simple as that. As much of it as they can, to find out whether they kick on development from a great youth prospect to a very good top flight player. The elite clubs are normally gunning for trophies, so its better the young players learn and make their mistakes at lower clubs where the press is less. Its worked like this forever in football world wide.

Mingus

We should have loaned him back to atalanta for the rest of that season.
He wasn't playing for Atalanta and was due to go on loan elsewhere which is when we stepped in. Atalanta were playing without wingers and Amad didn't fit their system.

arnie_ni

Well if we are not terminating his contract and we have no chance of selling him because he is on a monster wage then what is he if he is not at least a back up?
A sick note that can't be relied upon so we need another backup?

Bwuk

I'd be happy going into next season with our 4 wing options being Rashford/Antony/Garnacho/Amad.

Abraxas

That gym work is paying off. Looks lean and ready now.

I'm still somewhat on the fence but I'm leaning towards keeping him now. Antony plus nobody is not satisfactory on the right wing.

Antony plus Diallo looks quality. For me he's an automatic pick after Antony, no ifs and buts about it, I wouldn't entertain Sancho or Garnacho on the right. Which means that over a 4 competition season, there will be enough games to develop him without question.

Chungy

A sick note that can't be relied upon so we need another backup?
Well, as opposed to keeping him on the books with his massive wages and not having any chance to play even when fit (since we've bought 2 forwards to replace him), wouldn't it be better if we just bought one great forward and have Martial as back up when fit, and when not, use Rashford as an option?

That's mean we'd probably have more money to get a better forward than we'd be able to if we buy 2, and have more money for other positions.
Some people seem to think money's endless and all their dream buys can be bought, and everyone a world-class player.......

Idxomer

People who worry about his defensive contributions, he was back in Sunderland's penalty area to make two blocks and save with his teammates almost a certain goal.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
His 1st touch backwards headed goal vs milan is quite underrated. 1 of my fave of all time

Khadaad

His first touch is just excellent. He's had two highlight-worthy ones in the second half.

Gordon S

Had a quiet game but his qute little flicks are often so accurate and just in the stride of a teammate

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Will be really nice to have a player so clever in the buildup area of the pitch

Mwooyo

Its how football has worked for a very long time when developing young players Only exceptional young talents dont go out on loan to gain experience. There is a step up from championship level to PL level.

Amad was never ready when he signed for us. He'd played 4 first team games for atalanta. We should have loaned him back to atalanta for the rest of that season.

Young players need first team football, simple as that. As much of it as they can, to find out whether they kick on development from a great youth prospect to a very good top flight player. The elite clubs are normally gunning for trophies, so its better the young players learn and make their mistakes at lower clubs where the press is less. Its worked like this forever in football world wide.
Bro none of this is true. The number of first team games dont matter becoz everyone begins from zero. How many first team games did garnacho have...how many did saka have. Ok, how many did mctominay have by the time he made his debut. We can all agree that mctominay was not exceptional by any chance. This rewritting of history to make amad look worse than he was is a huge myth. Amad was exceptional even when he played for us prior to the loans. Amad dominated against a good wolves team on his debut. He did all the things people are just noticing now at Sunderland. He worked his socks off, he created multiple opportunities and was the bright spark for the team on that day

The only reason Amad was loaned out was becoz we had a bloated squad, nothing else. He had the talent but the first team had way too many players in the season he was expected to really make his mark. We had bought sancho, ronaldo and cavani plus greenwood, martial, lingard, mata, rashford were already there. The squad was too bloated for him to get opportunities. All this other stuff of him not being ready is just a myth. Number of first team minutes has never ever mattered. All that he has always needed is first team minutes. Mctominay made his debut not becoz of being exceptional which he was not, but purely there was space in the squad for a midfielder and he was the only one we could throw in at the time. Next season, we have space in the squad for Amad...we should give him the chance. All he has ever needed is the opportunities, nothing else

Idxomer

Not his best game but huge for him and Sunderland going into the last 2 games with still a lot to play for.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Bro none of this is true. The number of first team games dont matter becoz everyone begins from zero. How many first team games did garnacho have...how many did saka have. Ok, how many did mctominay have by the time he made his debut. We can all agree that mctominay was not exceptional by any chance. This rewritting of history to make amad look worse than he was is a huge myth. Amad was exceptional even when he played for us prior to the loans. Amad dominated against a good wolves team on his debut. He did all the things people are just noticing now at Sunderland. He worked his socks off, he created multiple opportunities and was the bright spark for the team on that day

The only reason Amad was loaned out was becoz we had a bloated squad, nothing else. He had the talent but the first team had way too many players in the season he was expected to really make his mark. We had bought sancho, ronaldo and cavani plus greenwood, martial, lingard, mata, rashford were already there. The squad was too bloated for him to get opportunities. All this other stuff of him not being ready is just a myth. Number of first team minutes has never ever mattered. All that he has always needed is first team minutes. Mctominay made his debut not becoz of being exceptional which he was not, but purely there was space in the squad for a midfielder and he was the only one we could throw in at the time. Next season, we have space in the squad for Amad...we should give him the chance. All he has ever needed is the opportunities, nothing else
Amad has grown a lot this year both physically and mentally. If you don't understand how it's been easier to build confidence and experience at Sunderland than it would have been at United then there's not much to be said I suppose.

Mwooyo

Amad has grown a lot this year both physically and mentally. If you don't understand how it's been easier to build confidence and experience at Sunderland than it would have been at United then there's not much to be said I suppose.
Again, you have misunderstood the whole thing. Aint nobody doubting his confidence has grown. We were not even debating that. Somehow, in some crazy way, you have created your own argument that nobody disagreed with, then pinned it on me. Issue is about a loan next season. If you cannnot see that Amad is ready to challenge at manutd then there is not much to be said I suppose

r0663664

Worships Man City
This boy has such a wonderful technique but I think he is rather passive. If he doesn't press or track down, I doubt ETH will use him. Hope he goes pre-season ready to do whatever it takes to make it to XI else he will likely be sold. Thanks.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Again, you have misunderstood the whole thing. Aint nobody doubting his confidence has grown. We were not even debating that. Somehow, in some crazy way, you have created your own argument that nobody disagreed with, then pinned it on me. Issue is about a loan next season. If you cannnot see that Amad is ready to challenge at manutd then there is not much to be said I suppose
You literally said he was ready when he joined the club. I think that Rangers loan showed pretty well that that wasn't true, even if you ignored the evidence of the coaches not picking him at United. He needed this run of games to get confidence in the senior game. I think there's certainly an argument for keeping him in the first team next year but I wouldn't be upset if he went on loan again.

Mingus

This boy has such a wonderful technique but I think he is rather passive. If he doesn't press or track down, I doubt ETH will use him. Hope he goes pre-season ready to do whatever it takes to make it to XI else he will likely be sold. Thanks.
He does/can press though. I think Mowbray has relieved him of a lot of duties so that he can keep him fit. Earlier in the season he was a pressing monster.

He does appear to be the player that it's unthinkable to drop or substitute late on and therefore Mowbray has had to find a way to have him always available.
It's only a few matches ago when he had to be rested due to exhaustion. Rotation for Utd would suit him.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
You literally said he was ready when he joined the club. I think that Rangers loan showed pretty well that that wasn't true, even if you ignored the evidence of the coaches not picking him at United. He needed this run of games to get confidence in the senior game. I think there's certainly an argument for keeping him in the first team next year but I wouldn't be upset if he went on loan again.
Very fair comment.

Mwooyo

Not ignoring anything. Seems to me you are ignoring the quality of the coaches not picking him. Ole was a lousy coach through and through. Said it before, the Ole appointment has set the club back many years. Look at all the players ole worked with as his first team. Each and everyone of them looks worse and worse with each passing game. Maguire, lindelof, mctominay, sancho etc. Ole was a poor coach.

Amad went to rangers and did okay for a first loan...had some good games and some bad ones. Basically he had the first same season as saka. Only difference is saka was not being coached by some lousy coach and was given time to bed in. Amad was ready to contribute even then, a bloated squad prevented that. Contribute doesnt mean he was ready to be the main man. Even next season, nobody is calling for him to be the main man. Just wants to challenge anthony for the spot. I dont even understand what you beef with this is. If anthony is sooo much better like you probably think, it will show by the end of the season. Competition never hurt anyone.

luke511

Not ignoring anything. Seems to me you are ignoring the quality of the coaches not picking him. Ole was a lousy coach through and through. Said it before, the Ole appointment has set the club back many years. Look at all the players ole worked with as his first team. Each and everyone of them looks worse and worse with each passing game. Maguire, lindelof, mctominay, sancho etc. Ole was a poor coach.

Amad went to rangers and did okay for a first loan...had some good games and some bad ones. Basically he had the first same season as saka. Only difference is saka was not being coached by some lousy coach and was given time to bed in. Amad was ready to contribute even then, a bloated squad prevented that. Contribute doesnt mean he was ready to be the main man. Even next season, nobody is calling for him to be the main man. Just wants to challenge anthony for the spot. I dont even understand what you beef with this is. If anthony is sooo much better like you probably think, it will show by the end of the season. Competition never hurt anyone.
I agree that Solskjaer and Van Bronckhorst fecked him about, especially Solskjaer. It was his stubbornness that set Amad back, choosing James over him repeatedly after showing what he can do in vs Milan and in the U23s. He just wanted Sancho and was pissed the club went for Amad instead of him, which in hindsight was the correct call by the club.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
:lol: definitely shouldn’t be tweeting that!

Can’t say I watch the Championship obviously but the guy leading the newly promoted team to the playoffs > the guy in 14th

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
:lol: definitely shouldn’t be tweeting that!

Can’t say I watch the Championship obviously but the guy leading the newly promoted team to the playoffs > the guy in 14th
Well the award doesn’t have anything to do with team success to be fair.

Jam

Looking forward to having him back in the squad.

Still just cautiously optimistic. He’s playing well in the Championship, too many people are talking about him as a finished article that’ll be a big improvement for us. That remains to be seen.

Good performances, showing some good technique so hoping he steps up next season.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
If EtH brings him back, he better not give him the Pellestri treatment ahead of bums like Weghorst.

This guy has always had the skills and quality. He saved our bacon against Milan ffs and then that bum OGS didn't play him again.