Amad Diallo | Sunderland Loan Watch

luke511

He often chooses Weghorst due to lack of height in the team. We had a very good run while playing Wout, including the Barca matches.

Sancho and Pellistri don't really fit EtH's philosophy on the right as they are right footed. Unless there is a specific need to get to the by-line and cross, Amad will always have the advantage of fitting in as a left footer.
We only beat Barca after subbing Weghorst off at half time, we were losing and he had a shocker. He played badly in the first leg too.

Mingus

We only beat Barca after subbing Weghorst off at half time, we were losing and he had a shocker. He played badly in the first leg too.
Yes, I'm not a fan of Weghorst, just pointing out that we had a run of results with him in the team. Lack of height throughout the team has been a factor with Casemiro and McTominay missing games.

His early matches were definitely off the pace, as are his recent ones. The rest are most notable for his off ball efforts.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
I can definitely see the point of arguing about Wout Weghorst in a thread about Amad Diallo, what with all the similarities between them.

atkar83

Yes, I'm not a fan of Weghorst, just pointing out that we had a run of results with him in the team. Lack of height throughout the team has been a factor with Casemiro and McTominay missing games.

His early matches were definitely off the pace, as are his recent ones. The rest are most notable for his off ball efforts.
EtH has mentioned he likes subs where the change of pace/style messes with the rhythm of the opposing forwards. So taking off Weghorst and putting Rashford up front and having someone like Garnacho come on means the RB and CBs are dealing with entirely different players to what they have been all game. Not sure how effective it will be all the time but he seems to think it does, and it did earlier this year

Barbara Charles

For the love of pickled beets
He needs to be in the mix for the first-team squad next season. We're desperate for players who know how to use the ball well and Amad is one of those players. We're going to play a lot of games again next season so there should be plenty of minutes to go around, I'd be really disappointed if we loaned him out again.
Spot on.

BerryBerryShrew

Ten Hag has signed one Dutch player and loaned one when the club wouldn't back him and he had no other options, will people stop pushing this nonsense that he only signs Dutch players. We have more Brazilians than any other nationality and I never seen anyone complain about too many brazilian players. We even had a Dutch player when he arrived, and Ten Hag barely used him.
I'm not saying that he only signs Dutch players. I'm saying that he may have too much loyalty to the players that he signed personally over better alternatives.

Also mentioning Brazilians in the context of this discussion is a bit strange, considering that a large percentage of the complaints about EtH involve his inexplicable decision to drop an astronomical sum of money on a Brazilian right winger who doesn't score, create, or threaten generally despite him coaching Antony for two years prior.

That's actually why this discussion is in this thread- some people are questioning whether Amad would get a fair crack next season given that Pellestri hasn't this year despite 9 figure Anto not earning his place at all.

Strootman's Finger

I'm not saying that he only signs Dutch players. I'm saying that he may have too much loyalty to the players that he signed personally over better alternatives.

Also mentioning Brazilians in the context of this discussion is a bit strange, considering that a large percentage of the complaints about EtH involve his inexplicable decision to drop an astronomical sum of money on a Brazilian right winger who doesn't score, create, or threaten generally despite him coaching Antony for two years prior.

That's actually why this discussion is in this thread- some people are questioning whether Amad would get a fair crack next season given that Pellestri hasn't this year despite 9 figure Anto not earning his place at all.
The team performs noticeably worse when Antony doesn't play. He needs more end product, but he's very young, new to the county, maybe we can have some grace.

CM

This guy is just way too good for the Championship

Edwards6

What a goal! How many times has he done that this season, get him in the squad next year

Idxomer

His teammates need to find him more, they have been too selfish in this game.