g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Amadou Onana

Marwood

I do want a ball playing CM but have to admit, I do like players who are so physically superior they sometimes look like they're playing in the age group above.

I think he'd be a good signing. Just balance it out with other more technical players.

Jacob

His highlight reel only contains of slide tackles. That to me indicates he's not good enough.

gajender

100 percent. Seems to be exactly what we are missing
Who would you drop from midfield for him if we do get him , my pick would be Fernandes despite Mount's not so great start though not many would agree with that .

Mainoldo

Who would you drop from midfield for him if we do get him , my pick would be Fernandes despite Mount's not so great start though not many would agree with that .
I can not hide the fact anymore that regardless of Bruno’s creative output from his spamming he is a gigantic hindrance when it comes to controlling and dominating a midfield. I’m all for him getting dropped or just moving out the way. I.e. CAM or RW. He cannot play 8 in the Prem.

Redstain

He would add a lot of dynamism to the poor summer. I had this a 5/10 window before a whistle was blown and I think the manager is going to have to undo, this new system and revert to a double pivot midfield. In such circumstances (though I don't like Bruno wide) it's permissable to have Onana / Casemiro as the double with Case stepping forward in possession, Mount as the 10 and Bruno out wide on the right.

I know the manager has mentioned transition but you need clinical players to capitalize which United don't have so I think being a team that ushers control of possession is more beneficial in the long run.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Would have been a better signing than Mount

Marwood

I don't think a decision has to be made. Just see who is playing best out of the options.

Cassidy

The same Fernandes who created excellent chances vs Spurs?

gajender

The same Fernandes who created excellent chances vs Spurs?
Look I won't pretend or even argue that I am not biased against Fernandes , I find him terribly overrated and Any Club with him as the main player would always fall short of being a Top team capable of challenging for biggest trophies

If I can make a parallel for his time here it would be De Gea's at his peak what they bring in terms of certain areas is great but simply not worth it in grand scheme of things .

Last edited:

gajender

No white text?
I had seen enough of Fernandes to make conclusion rightly or wrongly that we would always have limit to the potential of the team that would be short of truly top team and won't be competing for biggest prizes with him as major player . But others for the time being get benefit of doubt .

Cassidy

Look I won't pretend or even argue that I am not biased against Fernandes , I find him terribly overrated and Any Club with him as the main player would always fall short of being a Top team capable of challenging for biggest trophies

If I can make a parallel for his time here it would be De Gea's at his peak what they bring in terms of certain areas is great but simply not worth it in grand scheme of things .
I personally would like Fernandes to be replaced. I would have taken Maddison as his replacement. No way in hell would I take Mason fecking Mount

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Not the answer. A midfield with Casemiro and Onana is worse than McFred in terms of balance.

samlee86

Hasn’t had a touch of the ball in the opening 30 minutes against Villa.

Watch us now bid £40m:wenger:

Red the Bear

Something less generic
We need a passer if we wanted physicality we could just keep mctom you know.

Chief123

The contrast in posts within the same day on this thread is classic Caf. :lol:

He was just what we were missing this morning and now he’s fecking shit.:drool:

Red_toad

If he’s the answer what’s the question? Game is passing him by, so he’d not exactly solve anything for United.

RuudTom83

Can't help feeling, this lad would get absolutely slaughtered on here after a few games.

Rake

Didn't catch the full game but he was running like a headless chicken in the last 20-30 minutes.