Amazing forwards that were horrible goal scorers

caid

How about Milan Baros?

Stretching amazing quite far but had some really great tournaments for the czechs and played his part in that flucky, flucky CL win.

His strike partner for the czechs was quite good too and more of a link up players as far as i remember

Creepy

Account relocated to MaxiPaxi
You just haven't seen him enough. His finishing was his main strength, despite the "kerzhakoved" etc
He is also the most prolific scorer in Russia's football history
Yeah, point taken. Just I every time I watched Russia or Zenit, he looked a really wasteful player, although with ability.

montpelier

I reckon Sheringham & McManaman are as near to qualifying for this as anything else we've had offered up apart from Bergkamp.

The field is thin.

(OK maybe not McManaman)

But still a better suggestion than Riquelme & Zidane, :).

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Must be lots of young folks in this thread. Corrupted by Ronaldo & Messi hitting better than a goal a game.

Historically, the target for a centre forward was a "1 in 2 man'. World Class players were happy with one goal every two games, with maybe a season or two of their career that was better.

This thread is answered by players that had attacking midfielder-like returns despite playing up top. So 1 in 3 or worse. I saw John Carew posted. Duncan Ferguson would be another from me.

Other shouts;
Schillachi
Beardsley (if you could him as a striker and not a 10)
Kennet Anderson
Morientes

* Edit = None of theses were 'Horrible' goalscorers tbh.

Last edited:

SirScholes

Llorente for Swansea looks half decent on the ball.
Has any said del perio?
I think a lot of this is daft because no one listed is a horrible goal scorer, put bergkamp on goal and he scores it's just more these players listed played a little further back

gav81

Brian McClair - key player in United's early success under Ferguson.

26 goals in his last 211 games for United.