Amazon buys up some UK rights for Champions League from 2024

cyberman

The saddest day will be when the BBC/ITV lose World Cup and Euro coverage. I hate how many different subs you need now to watch football legally. It's disgusting how much you need to spend. The worst part is that you can spend all of that money and still not be able to see all of your teams games on tv in the UK.
I’m using a fire stick and it’s their own fault. Even then I’m using Sky go as well that’s shared amongst the family. The amount of money these companies are leaving on the table is ridiculous

stevoc

Football is much simpler (and cheaper...) To watch unofficially now. How can that make any sense. 20 years ago everything was on just a couple of channels.

The rights are far too fragmented and expensive. Need cheap streaming of all the games of the team you support.

Football still in the dinosaur era.
In the UK it certainly is anyway.

I remember reading stories in the early to mid 90's how technology will revolutionize watching football and you'll be able to watch every one of your clubs matches on a dedicated channel/PPV.

30 years later....

Rampant Red Rodriguez

Scared of women, so hates them.
All in the name of competition for more competitive tv prices.... But now its another thing for people to subscribe to.

Thankfully i have Prime, but i'm not paying for BT on top of paying £120 a month for Sky.
Are you really paying 120 a month for sky?!.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
The saddest day will be when the BBC/ITV lose World Cup and Euro coverage. I hate how many different subs you need now to watch football legally. It's disgusting how much you need to spend. The worst part is that you can spend all of that money and still not be able to see all of your teams games on tv in the UK.
Don't think that will happen for foreseeable future as it's on the protected list of sporting events that need to be free to air, same for the FA cup final.

Would be a huge backlash if that ever got changed from media and public.