Amazon Prime and Premier League Rights

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Dont people in Ireland already have the rights to all games through premier sports and have for years
https://www.premiersports.com/premierleague.html

Are the people complaining just those that wish to watch it for free via the prime free trial?
No, Premier Sports only have the same 2 sets of games Amazon got. People are pissed because we pay the same for Prime as people in the UK do but we're not getting the games and instead would have to pay for Premier Sports just to get them.

Otherwise we have it the exact same as the UK - Sky and BT. Sky did used to show a few 3pm games here, don't think they still do it. Also when Setanta was around they used to have a single 3pm game a week too, but it's gone now.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
I’m sure it’s already been said on here somewhere but remember to cancel the subscription if you’ve got the trial as I’ve heard Amazon will charge you for the full year if you don’t, not sure if it’s true or not but that’s a hefty charge for something you will only use a couple of times.

starman

No, Premier Sports only have the same 2 sets of games Amazon got. People are pissed because we pay the same for Prime as people in the UK do but we're not getting the games and instead would have to pay for Premier Sports just to get them.

Otherwise we have it the exact same as the UK - Sky and BT. Sky did used to show a few 3pm games here, don't think they still do it. Also when Setanta was around they used to have a single 3pm game a week too, but it's gone now.
The link i have shown clearly shows that they have access to every game via the red button (not available on Now TV). The pub i occasionally go to has a subscription and always had access to every game

quethenoo

I’m sure it’s already been said on here somewhere but remember to cancel the subscription if you’ve got the trial as I’ve heard Amazon will charge you for the full year if you don’t, not sure if it’s true or not but that’s a hefty charge for something you will only use a couple of times.
Seems unlikely to me, they are pretty good usually and you can cancel prime at any time in my experience.

Massive Spanner

The link i have shown clearly shows that they have access to every game via the red button (not available on Now TV). The pub i occasionally go to has a subscription and always had access to every game
:confused: No it doesn't. it shows they have access to every game that Amazon have access to there. 2 sets of fixtures, and it looks like they have one 3pm kick-off a week after that, like Setanta used to.

You think we can get every PL game in Ireland for 12 quid a month? :lol:

starman

:confused: No it doesn't. it shows they have access to every game that Amazon have access to there. 2 sets of fixtures, and it looks like they have one 3pm kick-off a week after that, like Setanta used to.

You think we can get every PL game in Ireland for 12 quid a month? :lol:
:houllier:
Can you not read that you need sky as well. Its ok, just say you are a freeloader and be done with it

Massive Spanner

:houllier:
Can you not read that you need sky as well. Its ok, just say you are a freeloader and be done with it
And BT, and that still doesn't give you access to all PL games, like you said above. You also didn't mention Sky in your original post:

Dont people in Ireland already have the rights to all games through premier sports and have for years

starman

They only show ONE 3pm game a week. There are a lot more 3pm games they don't show. I've said this to you multiple fecking times.
I really dont care what you are saying, you are not acknowledging what is displayed, its clearly shows every game being televised

Massive Spanner

I really dont care what you are saying, you are not acknowledging what is displayed, its clearly shows every game being televised
:lol: Oh my god, go read it again and look at the 3pm kick-off and the dates they're on, then go check the PL fixtures at 3pm on those dates.

starman

:lol: Oh my god, go read it again and look at the 3pm kick-off and the dates they're on, then go check the PL fixtures at 3pm on those dates.
Yes, everygame, whats wrong with you :houllier: ? You dont want to admit you are free loading, while having the option all along to view it in your country through a different service , we know this is the truth

Massive Spanner

Yes, everygame, whats wrong with you :houllier: ? You dont want to admit you are free loading, while having the option all along to view it in your country through a different service , we know this is the truth
Jesus H. Fecking Christ.

At this point I don't know if you are being thick or if you're just wumming but I'm not explaining this to you a fifth time.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
:lol: you're being serious aren't you? Please tell me you are?

Hoof the ball

Didn't have a problem with the City game watching on Amazon Prime. It was smooth as silk whilst watching on the Smart TV with the Prime app. Ultra HD too.
Odd. Were other people having issues with the streaming on a PC or tablet, or on a Smart TV or Firestick?

starman

It can't show every game if it is only showing one 3pm kick off a week, what are you not getting? There can be up to eight 3pm's on some weeks.
So what you are saying is their website is wrong? It clearly says "Red button" for some of the games

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
So what you are saying is their website is wrong? It clearly says "Red button" for some of the games
Ok so what are the other games on that day and why aren't they listed? For all you know it is a completely different sports event being shown, but are able to access the PL game being displayed on their website through the red button.

EDIT, you are looking at boxing day. That's different, I mentioned about Christmas fixtures not counting

starman

Ok so what are the other games on that day and why aren't they listed? For all you know it is a completely different sports being showed, but you can access the PL game being displayed on their website through the re button.
Everything that is being shown on Prime is being shown here.

saivet

I see this complaint a lot, and I'm not having a go at you specifically, but why does it matter? Is it because you can't go on social media while it's happening or what?

Ideally I'd want it live, but I could live with a 30 second delay or something like that quite happily if it meant we had this service for all games.
There is that aspect to it, if you have notifications enabled, you need to switch them off or not go on your phone.

Whatsapp for me is the biggest annoyance. I'm in a few groups where we discuss football a lot and whenever I stream a game I can only get involved at HT or after the match.

Even on the match day threads, you see this.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I believe if its a Roku from 2015 or older live sport does not work. The newer one i think as well do not offer some of the feature a fire stick offers, rewind, turn off commentary, stadium audio etc
Yeah. Daft thing is I have an old Roku box which has loaded all the football options, but that is on the TV in the bedroom, which is an old TV so not going to mess around unplugging it all and then find it won't attach to the new TV because the connections are different. I will watch it on my laptop.

Rafaeldagold

I guess pubs won’t be showing these games tonight & I don’t have Amazon so no watching tonight- it’s a bit much to have to have Sky, BT & Amazon to watch your team

DomesticTadpole

Didn't have a problem with the City game watching on Amazon Prime. It was smooth as silk whilst watching on the Smart TV with the Prime app. Ultra HD too.
Odd. Were other people having issues with the streaming on a PC or tablet, or on a Smart TV or Firestick?
Well it serves me right for having a geriatric version of a smart TV that does not have the Amazon Prime app on it.

DomesticTadpole

I guess pubs won’t be showing these games tonight & I don’t have Amazon so no watching tonight- it’s a bit much to have to have Sky, BT & Amazon to watch your team
Most of us have just taken the free trial of Amazon and loaded onto phone, ipads, laptops etc. I'm not paying for Amazon.

Judas

Open to offers
There is that aspect to it, if you have notifications enabled, you need to switch them off or not go on your phone.

Whatsapp for me is the biggest annoyance. I'm in a few groups where we discuss football a lot and whenever I stream a game I can only get involved at HT or after the match.

Even on the match day threads, you see this.
I get all that and see where you're coming from. But the way we live now, I actually quite like that it keeps me away from my phone during the game!

VBI

Supports
Celtic, Barca
When I put on the City game other than one slightly pixellated bit for a few seconds late on, it ran perfectly. Perhaps just ironing out the wrinkles in the system for some people.