Amber Heard vs Johnny Depp | Depp wins on all 3 counts

Heardy

Surprised Depps lawyers couldn’t have pushed him on the verification more to make. Lear it must have come from her.

If that’s the case why did he say he didn’t know - surely he/TMZ must have deduced it to publish in 15 minutes.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
About Depp being a misogynist, it's what he has said about women and his statements throughout the trial

By my definition, this is misogynistic.
Where did you come across that image?

Some unbiased site?

I've seen it on the Deuxmoi subreddit for example (which is definitely ProHeard/AntiDepp)

Last edited:

Mercurial

Surprised Depps lawyers couldn’t have pushed him on the verification more to make. Lear it must have come from her.

If that’s the case why did he say he didn’t know - surely he/TMZ must have deduced it to publish in 15 minutes.
He said that the copyright people do that, he didn't do that himself, he handled the tip and got the go ahead to process and publish.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Can someone explain why Deppos team celebrated the mention of Moss, when realistically it didn't offer anything at all to the trial?
I'm confused why they were so happy about it?

Drainy

Can someone explain why Deppos team celebrated the mention of Moss, when realistically it didn't offer anything at all to the trial?
Brought in exes. Got to ask Heard about her abuse allegation.

Potentially a rebuttal witness too maybe since she denied it. Don't know though.

R'hllor

Isnt there some NDA signed or something like that, by mentioning her, she basically openned the door and that whole thing is fair game now, maybe i am wrong dunno.

Champ

Brought in exes. Got to ask Heard about her abuse allegation.

Potentially a rebuttal witness too maybe since she denied it. Don't know though.
Just seemed pointless to me really.

I was expecting a game changer but instead we just got told he didn't push her down some stairs like Heard believed she was told!

harshad

Play the odds, not the man - Poor man's Harvey
Scout
On a long road that returns to Old Trafford!!!
Amber Heard testified that she was scared of Depp and Kate Moss incident came to her mind. Because AH referred to Kate Moss, Depp's team could call her as a rebuttal witness to counter the claim of AH. Moss came and testified that she never suffered any physical abuse from Depp and the staircase incident in Jamaica was her slipping on the staircase while Depp was already out of the house and as such he had nothing to do with her. Depp later testified that he had narrated the Moss' staircase incident to AH while they were together and that AH twisted it to make to seem that he was violent with Kate Moss too. I don't think his cross-examination covered the Moss incident.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
Also I think it allows him to clear up the rumour (which has been posted multiple times in this thread alone) in court.

Drainy

I get the sense that this expert could absolutely destroy these pictures but has been neutered by the judge.

Still damaging but he seems like he wants to say a lot more.

rio's upper lip

I don't post around on forums but I guarantee you with personal friends I bring both sides of the discussion. I think JD has no case here but time and time again I've said AH sounds toxic, has holes in her complete narrative and most likely hit him as the initiator. I've said it plenty of times on this thread as well btw.

Either way, you don't have to buy my rationalizations. It's why I believe I do not come at this with biases.

About Depp being a misogynist, it's what he has said about women and his statements throughout the trial

By my definition, this is misogynistic.
Not a single quote on that image is inherently misogynistic. Not a single quote. Crude, crass, disrespectful and outright cruel, certainly -- but not necessarily misogynistic. Sexualized/violent language and use of the word c*nt etc. doesn't mean that he hates women. That's what misogyny actually is. Does he hate Heard? More than likely. The utterly toxic relationship between the both of them pushed them both to the brink, and the hatred they have for each other is palpably real. The vile things on that image need to be considered in a vacuum IMO. Haven't plenty of Depp's exes actually come out and said that he's been, on the whole, a great boyfriend/husband? That speaks much more to his character as a partner rather than the fiendish relationship between him and Heard.

You're free to judge his words otherwise of course, but I do think your definition of misogyny is way off, taking the context of their marriage into consideration.

The other things in your post, we're not going to agree on. I've said my piece, there's really nothing more to add.

Last edited:

Drainy

Just seemed pointless to me really.

I was expecting a game changer but instead we just got told he didn't push her down some stairs like Heard believed she was told!
The person who told her was Depp and she twisted it in her head into him pushing her down the stairs.

Champ

Isnt there some NDA signed or something like that, by mentioning her, she basically openned the door and that whole thing is fair game now, maybe i am wrong dunno.
Possibly?
Just seemed like Moss didn't add anything to the story, was expecting fireworks! :lol:

sport2793

Not a single quote on that image is inherently misogynistic. Not a single quote. Crude, crass, disrespectful and outright cruel, certainly -- but not necessarily misogynistic. Sexualized/violent language and use of the word c*nt etc. doesn't mean that he hates women. That's what misogyny actually is. Does he hate Heard? More than likely. The utterly toxic relationship between the both of them pushed them both to the brink, and the hatred they have for each other is palpably real, and the vile things on that image need to be considered in a vacuum IMO. Haven't plenty of Depp's exes actually come out and said that he's been, on the whole, a great boyfriend/husband? That speaks much more to his character as a partner rather than the fiendish relationship between him and Heard.

You're free to judge his words otherwise of course, but I do think your definition of misogyny is way off, taking the context of their marriage into consideration.

The other things in your post, we're not going to agree on. I've said my piece, there's really nothing more to add.
I tend to be sympathetic towards Johnny Depp as I do think Amber Heard tried to the exploit this situation to her advantage (although based on my limited legal understanding, the case likely won't succeed), but, provided the quotes are true, those quotes are definitely discriminatory and offensive, especially if they were made regularly by Depp. If it happened once in a long while, maybe it isn't as much of a concern as that sort of language for better or worse is used by many. Nonetheless, it may be for the best if those sorts of phrases get toned down in society over time.

R'hllor

Possibly?
Just seemed like Moss didn't add anything to the story, was expecting fireworks! :lol:
Legal experts explained that Heard mentioning Moss on the stand could give her ex-husband’s team the chance to dispel a rumor that he pushed the British supermodel down a flight of stairs when the two dated in the 1990s.

Usually, alleged misconduct that’s not related to a specific accusation in a case — such as this rumored incident — isn’t allowed to be brought up by lawyers at trial.

But in this instance, Heard’s mention of Moss could open the door for Depp’s attorneys to call the catwalker as a witness in order address the allegation, experts told The Post.

“[Moss] is still allegedly friends with Johnny and her testimony wasn’t allowed to come in before because it wasn’t as relevant,” said California entertainment lawyer Mitra Ahouraian.

Champ

The person who told her was Depp and she twisted it in her head into him pushing her down the stairs.
It was Deppo who said it?
Pretty sure Heard said she knew the story from rumours?

Champ

Thanks.

Looks like it will have zero influence in anything with this case then, other than put one rumour regarding Deppo to bed?

MichaelRed

Getting Depp to testify again was a huge own-goal. Really poor decision. He clearly lied about the presence of a wall-mounted phone, might be a minor detail but as soon as you cast doubt on one thing you cast doubt on everything. The texts are weak to me because as horrible as they are, I can understand in the context of having your ex-wife trying to ruin you with false stories after suffering years of abuse & adultery.

MichaelRed

That's the point. They couldn't have him literally name the source but he said that it takes ages to obtain copyright unless it's from the direct source, in which case it can be done in 15 minutes. Then he said it took 15 minutes. I don't know what more you want? That's as close as physically possible to saying the source was Amber Heard.

Baneofthegame

Getting Depp to testify again was a huge own-goal. Really poor decision. He clearly lied about the presence of a wall-mounted phone, might be a minor detail but as soon as you cast doubt on one thing you cast doubt on everything. The texts are weak to me because as horrible as they are, I can understand in the context of having your ex-wife trying to ruin you with false stories after suffering years of abuse & adultery.
Yeah I think having him testify again was a poor decision.

Drainy

Honestly they are vile.

Yes!! The expert is getting mad enough to actually explain some of what they did.

Thank christ this judge is finally not allowing Heard's team to use her as a shield while misleading the jury due to her ruling there

Strats

Can this be seen as tampering with evidence and isn't that illegal?

Strats

Absolutely ridiculous that Bredehoft goes on with the same crap with witnesses wanting "15 mins of fame"

Last edited:

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Not a single quote on that image is inherently misogynistic. Not a single quote. Crude, crass, disrespectful and outright cruel, certainly -- but not necessarily misogynistic. Sexualized/violent language and use of the word c*nt etc. doesn't mean that he hates women. That's what misogyny actually is. Does he hate Heard? More than likely. The utterly toxic relationship between the both of them pushed them both to the brink, and the hatred they have for each other is palpably real. The vile things on that image need to be considered in a vacuum IMO. Haven't plenty of Depp's exes actually come out and said that he's been, on the whole, a great boyfriend/husband? That speaks much more to his character as a partner rather than the fiendish relationship between him and Heard.

This quotes are not just about Heard. Other than that, I find it misogynistic. I don't care if its Depp or a friend but by my definition these terms deeply rooted in misogyny.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Where did you come across that image?

Some unbiased site?

I've seen it on the Deuxmoi subreddit for example (which is definitely ProHeard/AntiDepp)
I got it off of Deuxmoi but he has said these words, surely you don't deny that? They have compiled it nicely in the image so easier to post it like that than type it out.

Deuxmoi is a good forum for the (little) ProHeard stuff out there that I visit. Just like this thread which is mainly ProDepp. Doesn't mean I agree with everything they say.

fallengt

He literally just said he doesn't know the source :lol:
C'mon now, you said you're unbiased :lol:

TMZ guy was great. He said "Whoever tipped the video, was the rightful owner and it was not edited copy, which TMZ verified it" (Standard procedure, otherwise they would get sued). TMZ was also informed that they "should" camp outside courthouse where Amber stayed to take picture of her on the only day that she didn't wear make up to show the bruise.

Yes, he didn't know the source but jury has common sense and even 10 years old can put a story together from here. Doesn't matter if her friend or Amber herself leaked it, there was a clear malice unless Amber says her phone was stolen :lol:

Last edited: