An open letter from Joel Glazer

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Was waiting for him to drop some form of discount code at the end the way this apology was going.

snk123

tbf. He does look sorry in this video that they released with the open letter.

DoomSlayer

It’s not their club, they made a hostile takeover.
I've honestly never thought of it this way, but it's just a perfect description in a few words.

They simply saw us as a business in a rapidly growing market in terms of financial investment. Right now they can barely break even so even though we can easily be sustainable if managed better overall, their reaction is to create their usual scheme and take the easy way route, even if it means breaking football at its core.

::sonny::

Don’t think he wrote that letter, pr. material

The only one truth is taking dividends and sell shares

JustinC00

Ano it’s a bit hypocritical when all this drama has been created through greed and money, but I think they need to invest heavily in the transfer market, preferably a Haaland or Mbappe to help please the fans again.
The transfer purse strings will be tighter than ever before now. It wouldn't suprise me if we see players sold off like Bruno, Pogba, Shaw and Rashford where they'll claim the super league failing has forced them into it.

Shark

@NotShark
They’re guaranteed 20m a year - unless the Govt step in and put that income at risk they’re staying. Protests have been done twice before and got nowhere.
That was before nationwide disgrace. It's not just United fans that despise the cnuts now. Just because they weren't effective before doesn't mean they won't go a whole lot further now.

IWat

I won't support this club any longer while they remain owner. Genuinely hope the club goes under and they're left holding ashes.

DoomSlayer

There's plenty of money in the game. For me the question is how much are UEFA keeping for themselves from the sale of a product that is unique to each club that participates in those competitions. THe Super League was about the big clubs controlling mroe of that revenue rather than UEFA being the pimp. We can see this by the suggestion that UEFA magically found an extra 4 billion or so to satisfy the big teams in the last few days.
But why should the big clubs keep all the exposure and the money to themselves? Corruption in UEFA and FIFA has also involved most of these same owners we are talking about from the 12 teams, don't get it twisted.

Spark

Genuine question - is this the first time he's ever spoken to the fans of the club? Has he ever watched a game at Old Trafford? (Pretty sure his dad never stepped foot in the stadium - Joel/Avram potentially once?)

This whole episode has turned into absolute comedy gold. Was genuinely terrified that they had succeeded in completely destroying football with their cnut move on Sunday/Monday. Now it's just something out of Succession and a total PR disaster.

feck off cnut!

Speedicut75

"rebuild trust"

Implying that there was trust there to begin with. There's only one positive thing you can do for this club and that's to feck off. Fecking parasite.
Exactly! The implication being that there was a relationship, or rudimentary interaction, in the first place. They have always been, and indeed continue to be, the most aloof bunch of insincere, grasping, corporate, gobsh*tes.

Deery

Dreary
The transfer purse strings will be tighter than ever before now. It wouldn't suprise me if we see players sold off like Bruno, Pogba, Shaw and Rashford where they'll claim the super league failing has forced them into it.
I don’t believe that will happen, the Glazers still have money don’t let the poverty act fool you if the really had to bring in a player they could still do that.

cyberman

I forgive you Joel.
Now im expecting a big transfer to get us back on side. Wont work but itll happen imo.

BFernandes

Thank you for your lovely kind words, Joel.

Now feck off you free-loading cnut.

My level of sheer hate for this prick knows no bounds.

arthurka

Nothing will be rebuilt with you lot not relationships nor stadiums. Please get bent you twat.

vidic blood & sand

I ran this letter through a truth checker, and this is what came out.

To all our crazy customers.......
Over the past few days our family has witnessed the stubbornness from you lot complaining about our greedy intentions. We've ignored all that, but.....
You made very clear your opposition to the European Super League, and although we couldn't care less, we had no choice but to cave in because Chelsea and Manchester City bottled it. Pathetic bastards!
Although our wounds are raw and I understand that it will take time before we can try with this again, I am personally fecked off with the lot of you, but we rely on your money so we have to make it seem like we're sorry. That Liverpool tosser did it earlier, so I'm reluctantly forced to do the same.
We continue to believe that Manchester United has the potential to fill our pockets more efficiently, and don't give a shit about the pyramid for the long-term. The Super League was the right way to go about it, but our greedy scheme was exposed.
The motive was to increase cashflow, but the other five teams bottled it, which leads me to having to write this suck up letter to you worthless lot, because we want you to forget about all this and continue funding our family's many materialist needs.
This is the world’s greatest football club and we've saddled it with debt, and have now run out of ideas how to fix this.
It is important for us to put that right. Any ideas?
Manchester United has a rich heritage, but these values are of negligible concern. The fact that we just shat all over your footballing traditions, shows what we really think about it, as you knew already.
The pandemic has thrown up so many unique challenges, most of all it's prevented us from separating you from your hard earned cash in return for sitting in our tatty stadium watching the team's continued ongoing inconsistency. We, however, prefer sunbathing in Florida.
We've never been bothered about communicating with you, our fans, as you know, but because you will always be a source of revenue, and you now see us for the crooks we are, we're forced to say nice things about you which we know you won't believe anyway.
In the background, you can be sure that we will be taking the necessary steps to perfect our super league plan.
Right now, our priority is to count the cost of our teams pushing for the strongest possible finish to the season, without you're money funding it.
In closing, I would like to recognize that it is your money which makes this club so great for us, and we thank you for that.
Up yours
Joel Glazer

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
There was no fecking trust to begin with :lol: and good fecking reason!
Feckidy,feck,feck,feck.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation

Over the past few days our family has witnessed the stubbornness from you lot complaining about our greedy intentions. We've ignored all that, but.....
You made very clear your opposition to the European Super League, and although we couldn't care less, we had no choice but to cave in because Chelsea and Manchester City bottled it. Pathetic bastards!
Although our wounds are raw and I understand that it will take time before we can try with this again, I am personally fecked off with the lot of you, but we rely on your money so we have to make it seem like we're sorry. That Liverpool tosser did it earlier, so I'm reluctantly forced to do the same.
We continue to believe that Manchester United has the potential to fill our pockets more efficiently, and don't give a shit about the pyramid for the long-term. The Super League was the right way to go about it, but our greedy scheme was exposed.
The motive was to increase cashflow, but the other five teams bottled it, which leads me to having to write this suck up letter to you worthless lot, because we want you to forget about all this and continue funding our family's many materialist needs.
This is the world’s greatest football club and we've saddled it with debt, and have now run out of ideas how to fix this.
Manchester United has a rich heritage, but these values are of negligible concern. The fact that we just shat all over your footballing traditions, shows what we really think about it, as you knew already.
The pandemic has thrown up so many unique challenges, most of all it's prevented us from separating you from your hard earned cash in return for sitting in our tatty stadium watching the team's continued ongoing inconsistency. We, however, prefer sunbathing in Florida.
We've never been bothered about communicating with you, our fans, as you know, but because you will always be a source of revenue, and you now see us for the crooks we are, we're forced to say nice things about you which we know you won't believe anyway.
In the background, you can be sure that we will be taking the necessary steps to perfect our super league plan.
Right now, our priority is to count the cost of our teams pushing for the strongest possible finish to the season, without you're money funding it.
In closing, I would like to recognize that it is your money which makes this club so great for us, and we thank you for that.
Up yours
Joel Glazer
Not bad at all :)

BootsyCollins

Up yours
Joel Glazer
Exactly how i read the letter to. Feck em all.

Btw, what is ”shills”? Never seen the word before the last couple of days and now i see it all the time on here.

theklr

Well , on the bright side, maybe they feel the need to appease the fans with some big transfer warchest this summer. Under the precondition that they actually are sorry that is...

Water Melon

Up yours
Joel Glazer
Hats off mate. That would be a truthful letter from Joel.

No shame whatsoever. He thinks a sorry via a press release will make things right. Now is the best moment in fifteen years to get the out. We have to organise.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Wasn't there a poster once called GCHQ? It was an acronym for Glazer Crevice Headquarters.

Up yours
Joel Glazer
:lol: :lol:

Blood Mage

I'll be quite happy for us not to sign any more players until him and his wretched family sell up and get the feck out of Manchester. Stick your 'apology' Joel.

EngimaMK

Can we tie them to the goalposts and have every team member at every level of the club blast a penalty at him as penance?

Then they can buy us any striker, any RW, any CMF we desire?

I MAY begin to forgive the cnut then....

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing, after they have tried everything else." W Churchill.

klayton88

'Better communicate with fans', you mean the three emails a week I get trying to get me to buy shit Brandon Williams has modelled and zero information about OT renovation plans.