An open letter from Joel Glazer

hubbuh

You can't blame Americans for not understanding that. This is like us not understanding their sports system. If he tries, that's alright. But the most important thing for us is to focus on the season and then, get the players we need. We will see then.
Oh come on. The Glazer family have been involved with United since 2003!! They've had almost 20 years to brush up on the fundamentals of football. It's besides the point, they knew quite well what they were doing and were just hoping they could get away with it.

Scumbags, get the feck out of our club!

SirScholes

This is a great letter. I wonder how much they paid Ole to proof read and rewrite it for them since these clowns have no idea about football.
No mention of the boys working hard so it’s not his doing ha

marktan

Repay the £1B you've taken out of the club through debt payments and dividends caused by your stupid leveraged buyout, and then maybe I'll accept your apology.

What this letter reads like is "Sorry we failed to make more money, please calm down so we can continue milking the club"

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
We can't say that hahaha I mean yesterday, Henry got slammed because he said "your club" instead of "our club", let's not bother about semantics.
Saying our club is alright if it translates into action. We know it won't, but that's not a valid basis to slander him. There are plenty other reasons for it.
I can say what I like about Joel Glazer, with greatest respect to yourself.
Personally I feel more insulted in him calling it our club, like he cares about anything other than this club making him money.

Deery

Dreary
Ano it’s a bit hypocritical when all this drama has been created through greed and money, but I think they need to invest heavily in the transfer market, preferably a Haaland or Mbappe to help please the fans again.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
I accept your apology and like the letter.

Fluctuation0161

PR, disaster management. He is, and they are full of shit.

They would say anything to try and pacify the revolt which is long overdue.

Get out of our club!

TheReligion

Abusive
You can't blame Americans for not understanding that. This is like us not understanding their sports system. If he tries, that's alright. But the most important thing for us is to focus on the season and then, get the players we need. We will see then.
Yeah sorry this isn't right. How long do they need to understand the club, it's fans and English football? They've been here for 18 years or so.

Fact of the matter is they don't care. They don't care about the club so long as it makes money. They have zero interest in understanding who we are or what we are about. Our history. Nothing.

JustinC00

Go worry about your shite nfl franchise that Tom Brady had to carry to relevancy and sell Manchester United to people that actually care a little about the club and won't just use it as their personal invesment bank account, you daft cnut

Shark

@NotShark
He believes he's going absolutely nowhere. These protests need to come and come very hard.

red4ever 79

Feck off you bald headed twat. Poisonous snake. We now see you clearer than ever and we will not stop until you get the feck out of our club. Our club, the fans. Not yours, not some American franchise. So get the feck out and do the right thing because we will never forgive and we will never forget. Utd till we die

MinGin

In seeking to create a more stable foundation for the game, we failed to show enough respect for its deep-rooted traditions –promotion, relegation, the pyramid – and for that we are sorry.
This is the world’s greatest football club and we apologise unreservedly for the unrest caused during these past few days.
It is important for us to put that right.

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/deta...-open-letter-to-man-utd-supporters-april-2021
Is this meaning that they will not sell the club? and Woody will be the lamp for this war?

Is this meaning that they will plan to organize a new super league who named World Beaten League & Super league which invited 10 team and 15 team with promotion, relegation, the pyramid. Oh problem solved and they can pocket the money again !

TrueRed1999

Somehow bleaker than Nostradamus
To all Manchester United supporters,

Over the past few days, we have all witnessed the great passion which football generates, and the deep loyalty our fans have for this great club.

You made very clear your opposition to the European Super League, and we have listened. We got it wrong, and we want to show that we can put things right.
Although the wounds are raw and I understand that it will take time for the scars to heal, I am personally committed to rebuilding trust with our fans and learning from the message you delivered with such conviction.

We continue to believe that European football needs to become more sustainable throughout the pyramid for the long-term. However, we fully accept that the Super League was not the right way to go about it.

In seeking to create a more stable foundation for the game, we failed to show enough respect for its deep-rooted traditions –promotion, relegation, the pyramid – and for that we are sorry.
This is the world’s greatest football club and we apologise unreservedly for the unrest caused during these past few days.
It is important for us to put that right.

Manchester United has a rich heritage and we recognise our responsibility to live up to its great traditions and values.
The pandemic has thrown up so many unique challenges and we are proud of the way Manchester United and its fans from Manchester and around the world have reacted to the enormous pressures during this period.

We also realise that we need to better communicate with you, our fans, because you will always be at the heart of the club.
In the background, you can be sure that we will be taking the necessary steps to rebuild relationships with other stakeholders across the game, with a view to working together on solutions to the long-term challenges facing the football pyramid.

Right now, our priority is to continue to support all of our teams as they push for the strongest possible finish to the season.
In closing, I would like to recognise that it is your support which makes this club so great, and we thank you for that.

With best regards,
Joel Glazer

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/deta...-open-letter-to-man-utd-supporters-april-2021
What a Load of Lies, Time to Get Rid of these Vermin Reds

Fluctuation0161

Please enough with the anger.... things will work itself out. We don't need more toxicity at this time. I want our team to stay focused and try to win the last available trophy.
Things don't just work themselves out.

If fans took that attitude we would currently be in a football franchise league controlled by the elite owners.

You need to look at the bigger picture. Ultimately, the manager and players are professional enough to focus on winning games. If anything has disrupted them, it is our owners trying to sell our soul without telling anyone.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Now’s the time to attack these dick heads. Stock prices are plummeting - now they pay attention.

red4ever 79

One thing I liked about Henry’s video was he apologise to the players and manager - where’s Ole’s apology for hanging him out to dry? People can bang on about getting them out by boycotting or protesting - it doesn’t work. The only thing that’ll make them leave is if the Govt and PL implement legislation making it impossible for them to continue milking this club dry. We need to pressure the powers that be for that to happen - hopefully there’s real momentum now to make that happen. Shame those powers didn’t give a feck earlier.
Feck that twat as well. We cannot allow these criminals to get away with this and we must not forget. Out out out out

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Can I suggest that no one likes his tweet. Also Tweet #GlazersOut - it’s no 1 in UK. Resist these pigs. It’s not their club, they made a hostile takeover. Now they should understand that they are not acceptable to the fans.

red4ever 79

Ano it’s a bit hypocritical when all this drama has been created through greed and money, but I think they need to invest heavily in the transfer market, preferably a Haaland or Mbappe to help please the fans again.
Feck that. A transfer isn't smoothing this over. They need to go. They showed exactly what their intention. They revealed themselves to the world, showed their cards and boom. We have to unite as a fan base and drive them out. However possible. Get the fans around the stadium block the bus banners out, Glazers out. We need publicity in every website, every newspaper in the world that they greedy feckers are no longer welcome. And we have to do that, it's our duty to look after our club

TommiHelm

Words from a man who makes more money in a day than I will in my entire lifetime and still wants more more more, and only for himself. These words mean less than nothing to me. Actions might, but we'll never know.

red4ever 79

Can I suggest that no one likes his tweet. Also Tweet #GlazersOut - it’s no 1 in UK. Resist these pigs. It’s not their club, they made a hostile takeover. Now they should understand that they are not acceptable to the fans.
I'm with you. Everyone dislike his comment

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Stakeholders.

Football pyramid.

Sustainable.

Feck off. We all know what you tried to do. And we won't forget it anytime soon.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Is this meaning that they will not sell the club? and Woody will be the lamp for this war?

Is this meaning that they will plan to organize a new super league who named World Beaten League & Super league which invited 10 team and 15 team with promotion, relegation, the pyramid. Oh problem solved and they can pocket the money again !
This has hurt JP Morgan who was bankrolling this. It’s hurt shares - it’s destroyed credibility so important in business for sponsors and deals. Joel feels the pinch. It’s forced him out of secret elite meetings to speak to us dregs. See what you can do - with a bit of leadership from the likes of G Neville - don’t stop. #GlazersOut

Last edited:

Water Melon

We need to start sending emails to relevant authorities. Just draft a letter properly how the cnuts have destroyed the biggest and most profitable football club in the world and tried to turn it into a franchise. Get this letter signed by millions. The leeches are finally feeling the heat, do not let them jump off a frying pan. The only way out is to make them sell. Old Trafford will not be renovated, the debt will not be paid, they will continue to suck the blood. Stick that letter up your hole, Joel. Hope some changes into legislation are introduced and you are forced to sell. This will be the best news in the last 18 years. Feck you, parasite. Hope you will have a proper chant in your honour once the fans are back in stadia.

red4ever 79

The other twat you’re referring to better be Henry and not Ole...hard to know on here sometimes.
Yes Henry. Fecking hell lad. We got to stick together. Fans, players, coaches. We have to drive the Glazers out. No doubt in my mind Henry won't be at Liverpool next year

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I don't have a Twitter account but I'm going to create one just to downvote this tweet.

Totally worth it.

RUCK4444

Yeah let’s move on now. They have tonnes of egg on the face.

They tried to get the ultimate payday and it failed miserably.

We aren’t being sold anytime soon for the lack of a potential buyer, other than SA, so pointless piling more negativity on this subject and the club. We have a league to finish and a hugely important transfer window.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
How can owners of clubs valued at billions of dollars can come out and claim there isn't enough money in the game?
There's plenty of money in the game. For me the question is how much are UEFA keeping for themselves from the sale of a product that is unique to each club that participates in those competitions. THe Super League was about the big clubs controlling mroe of that revenue rather than UEFA being the pimp. We can see this by the suggestion that UEFA magically found an extra 4 billion or so to satisfy the big teams in the last few days.