An open letter from Joel Glazer

DarkXaero

That letter is better than nothing but fans rightfully distrust the Glazers. If he is really committed to rebuilding trust with fans, it will take actions, not words.

Walters_19_MuFc

"Although the wounds are raw and I understand that it will take time for the scars to heal"

Hopefully, they don't get that time. We must do all we can to drive them out of our club.

Neo_Mufc

Why did "Manchester United" get it wrong.

No! You got it wrong not us. Scumbag

Pscholes18

He's fecking full of shite, because if Chelsea/City didn't pull out he'd be preparing for the ESL as we speak. What a cnut.

Jezpeza

‘Support all of our teams’. Drivel. Prove it, Hand Ole a blank cheque for the 4 players he needs this summer you lying cnut. Redevelop old trafford, build the mini old trafford for the womens team and academy then.

they are on the ropes, need a strong glazer out showing match in match out when we get back in the ground

We continue to believe that European football needs to become more sustainable throughout the pyramid for the long-term. However, we fully accept that the Super League was not the right way to go about it.
He's a lying conniving scumbag but he's spot on about that bit. UEFA & Co are just as bad as any of them.

rhajdu

Unfortunately it is not realistic that someone will buy Manchester United in the foreseeable future. So I guess that we have to live with them. Let's see who will succeed Woodward's position and how much they will spend on transfers and infrastructure. I don't have any hope.

Djemba-Djemba

I want to give out about shameless PR teams writing totally insincere apologies but then you read the way some on here and elsewhere lap them up hook, line and sinker and you realise why wouldn't they do it.

This prick is not sorry, apart maybe from the fact his plan didn't work out. He tried to hold the game we love to ransom and he assumed he'd get away with it because we'd be too meek to stand up to him.

It didn't work because we were strong and now some of you read one interns piss poor sham of an apology and your answer is to be meek again?

Feck him and feck his apology. Get out of our club.
Yep.

Some absolute bollocks "apology" clearly not written by him or sincere in any way and you have countless Utd fans saying ah fair play to them, they seem sorry.

Madness.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Someone tell him he can't say 'our' club. He owns it but it isn't his.

bsCallout

Where would people rather see the investment go at this time?

We desperately need an update to our facilities and stadium.
&
Our squad needs investing in.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
An apology in the form of putting their own money towards modernising Old Trafford would be a good start to building some bridges

el3mel

I'm ready to bet he didn't even write this letter, he told someone in his office to write because he doesn't have time, the twats.

fergosaurus

To all Manchester United supporters,

Over the past few days, we have all witnessed the great passion which football generates, and the deep loyalty our fans have for this great club.

You made very clear your opposition to the European Super League, and we have listened. We got it wrong, and we want to show that we can put things right.
Although the wounds are raw and I understand that it will take time for the scars to heal, I am personally committed to rebuilding trust with our fans and learning from the message you delivered with such conviction.

We continue to believe that European football needs to become more sustainable throughout the pyramid for the long-term. However, we fully accept that the Super League was not the right way to go about it.

In seeking to create a more stable foundation for the game, we failed to show enough respect for its deep-rooted traditions –promotion, relegation, the pyramid – and for that we are sorry.
This is the world’s greatest football club and we apologise unreservedly for the unrest caused during these past few days.
It is important for us to put that right.

Manchester United has a rich heritage and we recognise our responsibility to live up to its great traditions and values.
The pandemic has thrown up so many unique challenges and we are proud of the way Manchester United and its fans from Manchester and around the world have reacted to the enormous pressures during this period.

We also realise that we need to better communicate with you, our fans, because you will always be at the heart of the club.
In the background, you can be sure that we will be taking the necessary steps to rebuild relationships with other stakeholders across the game, with a view to working together on solutions to the long-term challenges facing the football pyramid.

Right now, our priority is to continue to support all of our teams as they push for the strongest possible finish to the season.
In closing, I would like to recognise that it is your support which makes this club so great, and we thank you for that.

With best regards,
Joel Glazer

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/deta...-open-letter-to-man-utd-supporters-april-2021
Go and sit on a pyramid you arsehole.

fecking the Glazers.

It's been 16 years since i went to Old Trafford, 16 years without giving them a penny.

I hope in my life time we see the Glazers gone and Manchester United return.

Edit: as for 'rebuilding trust' - we never trusted you in the first place dickhead.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Where would people rather see the investment go at this time?

We desperately need an update to our facilities and stadium.
&
Our squad needs investing in.
I'd invest in a rocket to launch these clowns out of the country or even the planet.

Member 101269

Even though I supported I yes, have to say if they got it wrong he has taken zero responsibility on his shoulder..

We
Our

Me
I

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I bet he only issued this because Henry did a video for the Liverpool fans.

Anyway, any goodwill is gone. The horse has bolted. The cat is out of the bag. The Glazers have played their cards. Whatever way you want to put it - the club can only be resurrected when they are gone.

" You made very clear your opposition to the European Super League, and we have listened. "

No, you haven't. The Super League fell apart, and left you with no choice.

Balljy

"We failed to show enough respect for its deep-rooted traditions –promotion, relegation, the pyramid "

It's not just a tradition, promotion and relegation is the foundation for every team sport that still values fair competition. The entire statement comes across as somebody who still has no idea what they did wrong.

Solskjær's Red Army

Supports
United & Rot-Weiss Essen
"and we want to show that we can put things right."

Then sell the club to someone who prioritises this clubs wellbeing first and feck off gently.

Thank you.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Seems very sincere, willing to give him another chance. Hopefully we can all unite behind the Glazers and the club now and put the last few days behind us.

Jam

Seems very sincere, willing to give him another chance. Hopefully we can all unite behind the Glazers and the club now and put the last few days behind us.
Exactly. Lovely bloke who has the clubs best interest at heart and has been working tireless for the past decade to get us where we are.

Time we all showed a bit of gratitude.