An open letter from Joel Glazer

Red_toad

They realise they have to communicate better with the fans? How long did it take to work that one out? What rock have they been hiding under for over 18 years?

Abizzz

In seeking to create a more stable foundation for the game, we failed to show enough respect for its deep-rooted traditions –promotion, relegation, the pyramid – and for that we are sorry.
It actually kind of sounds like whoever penned that didn't really understand the problem and had to ask someone else, still didn't understand it, and copied in the answer they got.

I know this because it's basically how I used to go about my chemistry homework.

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
You can shove your open letter up your arse.

You can dress it up all you like but you betrayed every single one of us. You're not sorry, you're sorry we didn't just go along with it.

Get fecked.

Hester_manc

Sigh.... who invests a lot of money and don't expect to get a return on it? Who is going to be so charitable? Let's be realistic. Any owner we get will want something out of their investment. That's just the way it is.
Sigh.... Who said that somebody should invests a lot of money without getting something in return? Have you seen Glazers invest their own money, when they bought the club? I have only seen them take money, not invest.

laughtersassassin

Only thing I want off this leach is to Sell the club.

MUST are back defending them. They might be the worst "Supporters" group I've ever seen.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Feck him.

He's now in a bind of being the defacto spokesman for management now that Ed is gone and is obviously under pressure to follow Henry's statement, since the silence of saying nothing would be deafening.

OutOfTowner

JCL Daytripping WUM
Please enough with the anger.... things will work itself out. We don't need more toxicity at this time. I want our team to stay focused and try to win the last available trophy.
I don't believe you're a Glazer shill or that you're Joel himself (obviously) but there's a lot of justifiable anger and discord which will not disappear any time soon. I too hope that the clubs minds are on seeing this season true with some success but I also hope that this fan dissent carries over to next season so that the owners at least know that they're not wanted here.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
I don't believe you're a Glazer shill or that you're Joel himself (obviously) but there's a lot of justifiable anger and discord which will not disappear any time soon. I too hope that the clubs minds are on seeing this season true with some success but I also hope that this fan dissent carries over to next season so that the owners at least know that they're not wanted here.
Pretty sure they knew that already, to be fair.

diarm

I want to give out about shameless PR teams writing totally insincere apologies but then you read the way some on here and elsewhere lap them up hook, line and sinker and you realise why wouldn't they do it.

This prick is not sorry, apart maybe from the fact his plan didn't work out. He tried to hold the game we love to ransom and he assumed he'd get away with it because we'd be too meek to stand up to him.

It didn't work because we were strong and now some of you read one interns piss poor sham of an apology and your answer is to be meek again?

Feck him and feck his apology. Get out of our club.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
When a criminal do something wrong, he is held accountable. A letter of apology does nothing for me. There should be more repercussions of this action. He needs to step down.
edit: or maybe he just got bad advice from Woodward. Then I shouldn’t put much blame on them
Worst advice he got from Woodward was that he shouldn’t sack Ole for poch amirite

hobbers

Will never fail to be amazed at the number of bird-brained people out there who lap up generic apology statements, that have been written by PR reps and merely signed off by the person "apologising".

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
What’s great about it? Bollocks
Great in an ironical sense.

The content is great if it's coming from someone who has a straight bone in their body, not Glazer. Like if Ole said it, I'd believe it.

Manny

Grammar Police
They're shitting themselves. All of them.

Don't worry about making it up to us, don't paint the stadium, just get the feck out!

Nogbadthebad

They keep doing this on twitter, the images they use of the ground clearly shows all the rust on the metalwork.

That is how little they care.

ShinjiNinja26

What a pile of shite! Someone would have knocked that up in 2 minutes and he’s simply put his name on the end of it.

If they really sincerely care about the fans then they’ll do the right thing and feck off!

laughtersassassin

Please enough with the anger.... things will work itself out. We don't need more toxicity at this time. I want our team to stay focused and try to win the last available trophy.
Nonsense. You been saying that since 2013? Since 2005? Or 2010?

We all called what the Glazers would do to the club. Ferguson magically delayed it a few years but they have destroyed the club. There is no argument for them being decent owners.

Protest are not against the players or manager. In sure a lot of them would be delighted to see them.

blythy

Fascist Dictator
Just think; they've had almost 24hrs to 'PR spin' that letter :rolleyes:

Lappen

I guess the transfer window will show us how sorry he is! Wouldn't be surprised if in his mind we are the reson he will not gain a lott of money from the SL, so let's show the fans who is in charge!
Prepare for a bad summer is my prediction!

saivet

The letter is good to be fair. I think they definitely underestimated the reaction but they knew this was a huge change and in basic project management, you consult with your stakeholders over changes, even more so with significant change. This tweet sums it up perfectly.

tjb

I'd agree for most of the 12, but not United and Arsenal. Its an opportunity, and for us, part of that has already come in Woodwards disgrace. He's the one at the end of the day thats going to hold the bag for this whole super league idea, UEFA specifically mentioned his snake like tendencies and this is not the first time. Pushing hard and aggressively may be enough to either force them to sell or keep them as inactive in club matters as possible until they can sell.