And then there were 2

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Chelsea were always likely to find it tough to match the consistency levels shown by City and Liverpool plus they just don't have the same quality of player as those two teams in the attacking areas

PoTMS

It's quite clear in recent weeks that Liverpool and City are the best teams in this league. No one else comes close. How fecking depressing. Call the season off now.

Terry Chango

Not this choice again. Picking between dippers and city for the tile is rank.

Begrudgingly say city and they’ll probably pick up a striker in the window too

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
City are different class to be fair. One of the best teams in club football history. Would breathe a big sigh of relief if they don’t win the Treble because they’ll be very close.

eltigreFalcao

Only City and Liverpool are in the mix for the PL title this year. Chelsea was looking like they would spearhead the race but they declined and it will be hard to be back on top for them now

jakko

Supports
Chelsea
Chelsea were always likely to find it tough to match the consistency levels shown by City and Liverpool plus they just don't have the same quality of player as those two teams in the attacking areas
Injuries to Lukaku, Chilwell, Kante and Kovacic haven't helped to be fair.

charlenefan

Injuries to Lukaku, Chilwell, Kante and Kovacic haven't helped to be fair.
With the size of Chelsea's squad no one is going to sympathise with them having a few injuries

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Even before Chelsea were hit with injuries, the underlying stats suggested they weren't performing at City/Liverpool's level. And then the injuries on top of that stopping them from improving....

KGBhoy

Honestly, I am amazed at Liverpool's consistency. Especially given the size of their squad, and the intensity they play with. They haven't had a slump in ages. How are they doing it and are they gonna fade away?

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Honestly, I am amazed at Liverpool's consistency. Especially given the size of their squad, and the intensity they play with. They haven't had a slump in ages. How are they doing it and are they gonna fade away?
Did you watch the league last year?

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Was hoping this was a thread about Phelan and Fletcher, the last men standing of Mates FC. :(

tomaldinho1

This is why Klopp is so unique.

Pep/Tuchel are in the same boat, Chelsea just have 2 first choice CMs out. Be like City minus KDB and Rodri…dropped points here and there add up.

Every year it’s City’s to lose. Most money, biggest and best squad, I do think that’ll still be the top three and it’s still a three horse race.

charlenefan

This is why Klopp is so unique.

Pep/Tuchel are in the same boat, Chelsea just have 2 first choice CMs out. Be like City minus KDB and Rodri…dropped points here and there add up.

Every year it’s City’s to lose. Most money, biggest and best squad, I do think that’ll still be the top three and it’s still a three horse race.
Not really the case, Jorginho is more of a cert to play than Kovacic is so it's been Kante and a 3rd choice

GMok

Supports
ATK Mohun Bagan FC
Liverpool lost 6 consecutive home games early this year. During January to March, they could not score in a bag.

non profit football

Supports
Chelsea
Chelsea out and it's not new, unfortunately it's not just because of the injuries, it's going to be between City and Liverpool.
I think I give City a bit more favoritism.

And if they add Haaland to that team...

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
This is a bit premature I think. Weren't City and Liverpool a couple of points behind Chelsea just a few weeks ago? If Chelsea win there next few matches and City and Liverpool draw just once, they're all three within two points of each other again.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
Liverpool were my pick before the season started and I still think they will win, but City will push them close.
I think by time the AFCON comes round we will see if Liverpool’s squad minus Salah and Mane can handle the pressure.

Only wish we were in the mix this year as we have arguably our strongest squad in ages, plus would love to see Ronaldo lift a trophy.

predator

Youth NITK
I never understood why so many people had Chelsea as favourites. I remember when the season started Shearer and Wright both said they fancied Chelsea on motd. I was baffled. I didn't think their squad is as strong as some make out and don't rate their starting 11 as highly either.

It was always going to be between Liverpool and City for me and I think City will will end up winning it by 6+ points.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
City easy win. Liverpool is only an injury or two away from slipping out of the race. Pep has a menacing machine

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I never understood why so many people had Chelsea as favourites. I remember when the season started Shearer and Wright both said they fancied Chelsea on motd. I was baffled. I didn't think their squad is as strong as some make out and don't rate their starting 11 as highly either.

It was always going to be between Liverpool and City for me and I think City will will end up winning it by 6+ points.
Because even though it was a different competition, winning a UCL the way we did was always going to give you credit (emphasis on the way we did for anyone loading up the boring Di Matteo comparisions).

A lot is made of our squad depth and don't get me wrong it's strong enough to help us maintain a top four place but to challenge we will need our strongest Xl (in my opinion the line-up played vs Juve except Mason and Kai in for Ziyech and Pulisic, Kova can come in for Jorgi or Kante without too big a loss too) to play most weeks and unfortuently I can't see that happening.

BorisManUtd

Chelsea only 4 points behind City so still too early to write them off. But it'll be difficult for them to compete with City and Liverpool, they are on another level.

James35

I hope City out of those two, we are clinging on to the ‘20 times’ by a thread considering we look like we might go many years without another title.

ShoePolish

Recall after GW1, when City lost to spurs, people were writing them off then. It's not even half a season, too early to call it a 2 horse race.

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
Is it too early to say that the League is now a shootout between City and Liverpool? Had Chelsea has my favorite this season but their form recently has gone down the tubes.
Never thought Chelsea were realistic contenders TBH. Obviously have improved greatly from last season and have the confidence that comes from winning the CL, but they just don’t quite have the quality (in personnel or management) that the other two have when it comes to winning the league, which is a different type of challenge.

SAFMUTD

I think this is the closest we'll see Chelsea to the first place this season. The difference between them and City/Liverpool is just going to increase as games goes by.

City and Liverpool are winning their games with easy totally dominating their opponents while Chelsea struggles to capitilize their chances. Their strikers arent scoring and that's inevitably going to affect them.

Last edited:

padr81

Supports
Man City
Chelsea aren't out of it yet but its looking likely they might have to win at the Etihad in January.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
No surprise there. They have the 2 best starting 11's, good/great depth, and the 2 best managers in world football. It is what it is. Until Klopp and Pep leave, they will remain the best teams in the Premier League.

Tuchel is a very good manager but not on their level, and Chelsea have a very good starting 11 and squad but again, not on their level.