Ander Herrera is a Manchester United Player!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirAF

Ageist
well bilbao are renowed for been difficult, i dunno if they they belive they can hang on to him, or are just making things difficult so they can get as much cash as possible and probably to try put other teams of trying to buy for them in the future.

what ever the case, i think that while he is offically thier player you have to respect that. can you imagine how up in arms we would be if one of our best players had a medical with another club with no deal in place? no matter what the circumstances we would be in uproar!!!
We've only sold one player against our will, so I don't think that it would happen ;)

I see your point, though. However, it is clear that Herrera is desperate to join us and it is going to happen. This is more a case of doing it the the "easy or hard way". Bilbao chose the hard way - so let's play ball.

The Taurean

looks like a chipmunk
Nothing is so common as the wish to be remarkable.
Apparently, if Athletic accepts the offer, then they have to pay the 4% of it to Zaragosa, but if the player pays it then the player needs to give those money to Zaragosa *. So, basically Herrera will cost 36m EUR to Athletic and 1.4m EUR to Zaragosa. I don't think that the extra 1.4m should be a problem from our part.

* At least that was with Martinez case, when Bayern paid the 'unity'.
So the player has to pay it? Then it should be done fairly quick then.

Stan Jefferson

It's not childish, we refused to sell Rooney to Chelsea that wasn't childish, wasn't it ?
So, favouriting a tweet from a Liverpool fan saying hahahahaha is not childish is it not? They pretty much admitted it was when the subsequently un-favourited it.

SolidState

You don't even know how ITK he is
So the release clause has been paid and we are waiting for transfers to the respected clubs? as in Bilbao and Zaragoza, meaning that even if Bilbao wanted it to rise on the 1st, it cant since it has already been paid to the LFP?

Stan Jefferson

Nobody and that's the way they like it. Smart indeed.
Until the players start telling them to piss off because they keep holding their registration hostage when they want to leave, they will only make a limited pool of players even more limited that way.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
So, favouriting a tweet from a Liverpool fan saying hahahahaha is not childish is it not? They pretty much admitted it was when the subsequently un-favourited it.
Their PR is childish, of course. I thought that you were talking about refusing the offer.

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
Being that they're an extremely well run club considering the self-imposed limitations and have delayed an inevitable transfer for a whole season without losing a penny in the end, it's hard not to call them "smart". And a bit disingenuous to call a behavior that "works" pointless.

SirAF

Ageist
It's not childish, we refused to sell Rooney to Chelsea that wasn't childish, wasn't it ?
Rooney didn't have a release clause in his contract. Herrera does, hence why we'll get him in the end.

iBoss

i-ttack the space
Illuminati headquarters, chillin' with Jay Z.
I have the feeling they agreed to our offer in negotiations which was similar to the release clause, but when it came down to it, formally rejected it just to drag it out. Like, string us along having us think we were buddies. cnuts.

I'm sure Woodward hates football by now.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
We've had a year to think our game plan for the transfer through. Obviously we weren't prepared last summer but surely we are now. There shouldn't be anything different to last time. I'm confident we'll get this done.

Half the caf have become experts in spanish sports law in 2 days. Can't believe how many articles on this I read myself. No bigger motivation in the world than some summer transfer muppetry eh?

JPRouve

Scout
They agreed to the clause being 36m, they have nothing to be pissed about. Disappointed, fine, but not pissed.
They are forced to accept this clause, they can't force a player to sign a 100m worth clause. They are pissed because they know that it's going to be a problem to replace him, Raul Garcia is not as good and he is the only option.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
They agreed to the clause being 36m, they have nothing to be pissed about. Disappointed, fine, but not pissed.
They had to put in a clause in his contract as in Spain they are obliged by law to do so. They could have gone with €1bn clause like Madrid and Barca did with Ronaldo and Messi and wouldn't have to sell him at all. Even slightly higher clause would prevent teams from coming in for him. I guess they wouldn't get his signature in the first place if they insisted on that though.

Lane

lol im confusing things? probably becuase it a pretty confusing situation. and it making my head a little skewey

i honestly dunno if martinez had his medical before the deal was concluded or not, i just know from the moment bayern agreed to meet the buy out till he was thier player took about 2 months and god knowes how much legal wrangling.

but it still seems pretty unethical and unprofessional to have a player at your club before a deal to buy him has been confirmed, arguing it okay becuse where breaching his contract, dosn't seem a good answer to that
It is. Look this spanish buy-out clauses issues were all over the press last summer and some time before that as well. You just need to find any good article about what it is exactly and read it.
The moment MU agreed to force the release clause, Ander stopped being their player. It's transient state because the deal is not finalized, but think about it as a divorce. Now there is a divorce and there are settlement procedures, to split up assets. Those can drag on and on pretty long. It's not exactly the same, but it's analogous.

Sarni

They are forced to accept this clause, they can't force a player to sign a 100m worth clause. They are pissed because they know that it's going to be a problem to replace him, Raul Garcia is not as good and he is the only option.
They have two good midfielders within their ranks in Iturraspe and Benat. I didn't know Garcia was Basque.

Revan

Assumptionman
I have the feeling they agreed to our offer in negotiations which was similar to the release clause, but when it came down to it, formally rejected it just to drag it out. Like, string us along having us think we were buddies. cnuts.

That would have been genius from their part. Especially if we can't conclude the transfer by Monday (on Tuesday the clause jumps and we would need to pay an extra few millions).

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
We've only sold one player against our will, so I don't think that it would happen ;)

I see your point, though. However, it is clear that Herrera is desperate to join us and it is going to happen. This is more a case of doing it the the "easy or hard way". Bilbao chose the hard way - so let's play ball.
ow yeah not saying we should give up and go home, we should do what ever it is to get the player, as he is probably the best creative Center Midfielder we have a chance of buying this summer.
so yeah, let bilbao darg thier feet, and drag them all the way through court/lawyers....(however it works) to get the deal done.

my only point was i'd like to see us act with dignety through that process(even if bilbao don't) and i don't think having him at our training ground(if indeed he was thier) before a deal is in place is doing that.

Stan Jefferson

None of that is our fault in any way. They have to accept the clause being in the contract but the level is up for negotiation, if they're not happy with it and think it leaves them at risk of the player buying it out they shouldn't of signed it.

Sarni

It is. Look this spanish buy-out clauses issues were all over the press last summer and some time before that as well. You just need to find any good article about what it is exactly and read it.
The moment MU agreed to force the release clause, Ander stopped being their player. It's transient state because the deal is not finalized, but think about it as a divorce. Now there is a divorce and there are settlement procedures, to split up assets. Those can drag on and on pretty long. It's not exactly the same, but it's analogous.
I believe he is still their player until he buys himself out. Then again he is allowed to negotiate with us by the letter of law because of his ability to buy out his deal.

Santos J

Until the players start telling them to piss off because they keep holding their registration hostage when they want to leave, they will only make a limited pool of players even more limited that way.
It's nothing to do with 'holding their registration hostage' at all. It's to get more money out of it, you can't blame the club for getting the most they can from a player who they don't want to lose.

They rejected our offer earlier in the week, Herrera handed everything over to LFP yesterday, we'll have had to have come to agreement somewhere between Monday & yesterday which will more than likely just mean it's us who has to pay Zaragoza part of what they're entitled to as opposed to Athletic paying them. They're just doing this PR shite to save face.

JPRouve

Scout
They have two good midfielders within their ranks in Iturraspe and Benat. I didn't know Garcia was Basque.
Yes but they need to replace Herrera, they are a competitive club, not a mike mouse cup contender. :)

SirAF

Ageist
ow yeah not saying we should give up and go home, we should do what ever it is to get the player, as he is probably the best creative Center Midfielder we have a chance of buying this summer.
so yeah, let bilbao darg thier feet, and drag them all the way through court/lawyers....(however it works) to get the deal done.

my only point was i'd like to see us act with dignety through that process(even if bilbao don't) and i don't think having him at our training ground(if indeed he was thier) before a deal is in place is doing that.
That's a fair point :) I'm sure the club is handling this well.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
So the release clause has been paid and we are waiting for transfers to the respected clubs? as in Bilbao and Zaragoza, meaning that even if Bilbao wanted it to rise on the 1st, it cant since it has already been paid to the LFP?
Well, no one's telling us anything. It's all guesswork.:D

So my guess is the reason AS said "today or Friday" was that it was that day if Athletic agreed or Friday if they didn't. I assume our lawyers believe one working day's contingency is enough.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Bit of housekeeping: this isn't a release clause; this is a buyout clause. Two different things.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
lol again comparing us to a third party in a divorce isn't making me feel any better about the ethics of this.....

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
I'm worried now. What happened to touring the Aon complex and taking official club photos?

Status
Not open for further replies.