Ander Herrera is a Manchester United Player!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeston

Right. So the imposters were lawyers trying to get the deal done. Who first said they were imposters? Did they come from a 'source' at United or from Spain Journos or where?

forevrared

Right. So the imposters were lawyers trying to get the deal done. Who first said they were imposters? Did they come from a 'source' at United or from Spain Journos or where?

It will most likely turn out that impostor was a bad translation and the club and English media took it and ran.

Skywarden

As far as I know, it was Balague on SSN towards the dying hours.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
So the lawyers turned up at the Spanish league offices and tried to renegotiate the release clause on our behalf?

Don't think Herrera will consider moving in the future after the way we've handled things.

The White Pele

So is it possible these lawyers were working on Herrera's behalf to get this done, if they have ties with Bilbao?

Bojan11

From the pics when I saw them first they didn't look English. And then there were reports of a translator.

But we really are a laughing stock in Spain with this and the Fabregas saga. I hope we give Bilbao a friendly anyway.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Hopefully we can get him in in January.

You really think Herrera would move to us after the way we've conducted ourselves today?

Wouldn't be surprised if Barca or someone else swoop in and get it done nice and easily in January.

walsh

You really think Herrera would move to us after the way we've conducted ourselves today?

Wouldn't be surprised if Barca or someone else swoop in and get it done nice and easily in January.
What do you mean? How are we responsible if a bunch of imposters turned up at La Liga headquarters?

lilcurt

If we have anything about us we should carry on with this deal and get it done this week for him to join in January, gutted for the lad.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Would he be cup tied in Europe?
I just dont know anymore

Further, as per Champions League regulation 17.18, one player per club who would normally be cup-tied can be registered and eligible to play, so long as his previous club did not field him in the same competition, meaning that this player can represent two different clubs in the Europa League and Champions League. However, if the first club fielded him in the Champions League, but would later play in the Europa League through finishing third in the group stage, the transferred player is ineligible to play in the Europa League. This was the case with Alan Hutton who could not play in Europe for Tottenham Hotspur following his former club Rangers' entry into the cup.[2] However, if Rangers had come 1st, 2nd or 4th in their group, Hutton would have been able to play for Tottenham.[2] Another interesting case came in 2009, when Real Madrid purchased both Klaas-Jan Huntelaar and Lassana Diarra – both of whom had already played European football during the season for Ajax and Portsmouth respectively – during the winter transfer window. Because of UEFA rules, Madrid had to pick one player via regulation 17.18, and ended up selecting Diarra for their European roster.[3] Despite the rule, Real Madrid attempted to circumvent the restriction, to no avail.[4]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cup-tied

Edit they arent even in Europe

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
has anyone actually come up with any reason why 3 blokes in suits would turn up at La Liga HQ pretending to be United representatives?

there is likely to be a reasonable explanation for all this

Skywarden

has anyone actually come up with any reason why 3 blokes in suits would turn up at La Liga HQ pretending to be United representatives?

there is likely to be a reasonable explanation for all this

Scroll up to KM's post.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Would he be cup tied in Europe?
ummmm, I don't think Bilbao are playing in Europe this season. So he can't be cup tied. Besides even if he was playing Europa and we buy him in Jan, he would be available for Champions league.

Phil

Nothing is surprising me about the way we've conducted our business this summer at the moment.

Ole'sbodyguard

Balague was the journo was labelled them imposters and Adam West went with that and the rest of the media have reported this. Just reading all the different media articles as there is a few on the broadsheets and other media sources. Woodward is being pilloried.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Pls can somebody summarise what happened? I was up to date when I read at about 9pm that our representatives had arrived at La Liga offices with a 'suitcase of cash' but were frustrated by the complicated form filling.

I don't know anything about the impostors!

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
They apparently weren't carrying Herrera's power of attorney, nor the correct authority from us. Which is why they were sent away from Liga HQ. They then failed to get the documents.

Imposters and chancers hoping to make themselves indispensable and somehow ripoff United? A law firm invited to consult but then overstepping their brief? All I can tell you is they haven't shown up on any late night comedy shows so far.

Weird.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
If Ballague had just shut his fecking big gob today we'd all be feeling much better right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.