Ander Herrera to PSG? | Gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaglish10

We haven't been shit because of him, we have been shit because of fellani, schneiderlin, Bastian and matic and also Pogba who is clueless without the ball.
While Bastian schweisteiger was playing before his injury, we were on top of the league table before Dec until injury happened and Herrera was asked to rise up to the occasion, which he failed to do and continued to look rubbish & clueless in a possession based setup before the slow ageing Carrick eventually came to the rescue but it was too late then. Funny how the supposed creative playmaker we signed in Herrera became another midfielder entirely after he failed at his job.

So yes, Herrera has been part of the reason we've been shit and couldn't dominate the midfield. Didn't he also look rubbish against PSG whereas a little kid like MCTominay stood tall against PSG in the return leg? As far as I'm concerned he's not indispensable and we already have a replacement in MCTominay and Fred. All we need is a playmaker in the heart of our midfield and we're good to go.

Reactions: Dargonk

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
It's people expecting lots of players in and expecting it all to click, just like that, it won't happen. I know let's throw Garner in, he looks good the five minutes he played. It is going to take a few windows [heard that one before], meanwhile the teams who are already miles ahead of us will strengthen any weak spots they have as well. It is like a vicious circle with no ending. I am just hoping Ole does know what he is doing, more importantly the club back him to the hilt and give him time. It is their fault we are in this position. Don't get fooled into buying overpaid, past it sicknotes. If we are being built for the future, then go ahead and do it and understand it could be a rocky ride.
Its the impatience of these new fans who don't know our history.

How do we realistically compete with the likes of City who have a bottomless pit of money.
Liverpool mind you have taken time to have a good squad with sound management.

yet we were a match for them and could have even beaten them after all those injuries.

I don't care if we take a few years and produce a solid team that play football we enjoy.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Its the impatience of these new fans who don't know our history.

How do we realistically compete with the likes of City who have a bottomless pit of money.
Liverpool mind you have taken time to have a good squad with sound management.

yet we were a match for them and could have even beaten them after all those injuries.

I don't care if we take a few years and produce a solid team that play football we enjoy.
I agree, but we have to eventually win things or at least always be in the CL and challenging, otherwise we will just become a better Bournemouth, great to watch but that is it.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
True.
But I believe Ole will get us Top 4 easy enough next season. Though of course the title should still be our priority.
Yep. However, the more Ole keeps saying United is about winning things and then doesn't it will not help him. He will learn not to be too open. It is refreshing after Jose, but a lot of these quotes will be thrown at him the longer he does not win a trophy.

Suedesi

While Bastian schweisteiger was playing before his injury, we were on top of the league table before Dec until injury happened and Herrera was asked to rise up to the occasion, which he failed to do and continued to look rubbish & clueless in a possession based setup before the slow ageing Carrick eventually came to the rescue but it was too late then. Funny how the supposed creative playmaker we signed in Herrera became another midfielder entirely after he failed at his job.

So yes, Herrera has been part of the reason we've been shit and couldn't dominate the midfield. Didn't he also look rubbish against PSG whereas a little kid like MCTominay stood tall against PSG in the return leg? As far as I'm concerned he's not indispensable and we already have a replacement in MCTominay and Fred. All we need is a playmaker in the heart of our midfield and we're good to go.
Ditto.

tony54

Whilst I agree that we have been buying tò many duds and good team cast offs, I think Hererra was classy and would and will perform to a higher level within a better team. Our lot have not played as a coherrent team for far too long. We cant play tippy tappy for toffee and have huge gaps between defence and midfield.

El Zoido

He’s absolutely critical to us. Our bad performances began the moment he got injured and he was pivotal in our form when Ole started. He’s enormously underrated amongst United fans. I would keep him ahead of Pogba.

finneh

He’s absolutely critical to us. Our bad performances began the moment he got injured and he was pivotal in our form when Ole started. He’s enormously underrated amongst United fans. I would keep him ahead of Pogba.
In truth it's a combination of our best pressers being either outrageously out of form, banned or injured.

The players who actually put pressure on the opposition are Herrera, Shaw, Lingard, Rashford and McTominay. Herrera is injured, Shaw is banned, Lingard and Rashford are dreadfully out of form. McTominay has been out best player lately but has now been dropped.

It's like out coaches for years haven't realised that the key to the success of Guardiola and Klopp etc isn't just having great players. Its that every player is merely a cog in a much greater machine.

We need to get rid of the players who don't move or work hard (Pogba, Martial, Matic, Lukaku) and bring in players who do.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
The biggest joke is, at the same time as we've given players like Rojo, Jones and Smalling new deals to avoid losing them for free, we're letting Ander walk out for nothing. He's the only guy who can make the slow Matic and the attack minded Pogba look like a midfield unit. Its like we're trying our best to ensure we're left behind by other clubs.

Ekeke

He's just a hard worker, very easy to replace apparently.

Except he makes up for most of the rest of the team not working hard and Pogba has never had a good run of form for United without Ander also in the team, doing the dirty work

Good luck to us replacing him

NoLogo

The lad is one of the very few players in the team that got the right attitude. Not the best midfielder in the world but he is one I ideally would like to keep. We can't improve the work ethic and personality of this squad if we let the few that put in a real effort and don't back down from a fight leave. That being said I can totally understand if he doesn't want to be here anymore. Must be annoying to be one of max 3 players in every match that is working his socks off.

Darius_MUFC1991

Barbados, formally Ripon and South London
Herrera is also one of the only central midfielders we have that can keep the ball in tight situations no matter how surrounded he is by players. One of those traits that doesnt get a mention, but its invaluable when retaining possession and controlling a game.

We say he doesnt mean much if he leaves, but its no coincidence we have looked far far worse ever since his injury and a lengthy time out of the team.

The Nani

He's just a hard worker, very easy to replace apparently.

Except he makes up for most of the rest of the team not working hard and Pogba has never had a good run of form for United without Ander also in the team, doing the dirty work

Good luck to us replacing him
Pogba’s been quite good recently and in other spells without Ander in the team.

But yeah he’s an important player for his work ethic and leadership no doubt.

I really hope we can extend him. I’m still baffled that of all the players in the squad who are past it and/or couldn’t give two shits we decide Ander isn’t worth overpaying?

Kaglish10

How some people claims he loves the club remains a mystery. Went to his Twitter page and all I saw were posts that scream of 'me me me' and everything revolving around him. Even when we advanced against PSG in the second leg, there was no post to congratulate the team. He should go and snatch the 200k from us.

Loublaze

ATLien
How some people claims he loves the club remains a mystery. Went to his Twitter page and all I saw were posts that scream of 'me me me' and everything revolving around him. Even when we advanced against PSG in the second leg, there was no post to congratulate the team. He should go and snatch the 200k from us.
Sssh you're fecking up the narrative of the those who claim 'he bleeds United'.

Un4givableB

I hate to break to you but 99% of professional footballers don't 'love' their clubs, the clue is in the word professional.

Ban

Some of the fans are acting like a boyfriend right now whose feelings have been hurt.

Kaglish10

I hate to break to you but 99% of professional footballers don't 'love' their clubs, the clue is in the word professional.
Well, considering the way he's been acting, I think he would at least congratulate the team but alas! all those dramas were only eye services.

-Supreme-

Herrera is also one of the only central midfielders we have that can keep the ball in tight situations no matter how surrounded he is by players. One of those traits that doesnt get a mention, but its invaluable when retaining possession and controlling a game.

We say he doesnt mean much if he leaves, but its no coincidence we have looked far far worse ever since his injury and a lengthy time out of the team.
I don't understand how you can be so wrong about Herrera.

This is like saying Smalling has great passing ability.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
He posted it as a 'story' on Instagram on the night. Those things disappear after a certain amount of time, but he definitely celebrated it.

redshaw

Why wouldn't he sign for PSG if the deal is true?

I know as a club we should've done better to sign him before, but he was left out by Jose and only came back in the first team a few months ago since Ole arrived.

At this crucial stage of the season he's been left out it looks like due to the problematic negotiations and agreeing to go elsewhere. He should've signed for PSG by now and be leaving at the end of the season or he should've signed our contract and helped us get top 4. Probably would be on 67+ points already had he done so. No problem with him deciding to go but I don't like him trying to hold the club to ransom at this stage, expecting the club to yield.

I wouldn't be happy with him jeopardizing top 4 and would withdraw our deal.

DanClancy

I suspect he's desperate to stay and will take a fair bit less than what PSG are offering but United need to up their offer. I think he'll stay,

United only have themselves to blame for this situation, its crazy how this wasn't sorted out before last summer. They've let far too many players run down their contract and it was obvious they've be caught out eventually. He's clearly not a top player but he get in our best 11 at the moment so is bound to attract interest from other clubs especially as he'd cost nothing.

OleGunnar20

Would love him to stay on, but we have to stop setting bad financial precidents and agree a reasonable deal if that's to be the case.

Having said that, with the amount of turnover we need this summer Herrera is definitely someone I'd like to hold onto.

Have always rated him as a useful player who scales well with technical players around him.

Ekeke

Pogba’s been quite good recently and in other spells without Ander in the team.

But yeah he’s an important player for his work ethic and leadership no doubt.

I really hope we can extend him. I’m still baffled that of all the players in the squad who are past it and/or couldn’t give two shits we decide Ander isn’t worth overpaying?
No, he's been poor compared to when he plays well.

Ekeke

Should we take him back? I mean he was cheating on us after all talking with PSG...
No he was doing what most players would do in that situation. Looking at his options. Roy Keane looked at his options too.

He may leave, or he may choose to stay with the deal offered. We wont know whether he wants to stay or go until he makes that choice.

Davicho

He has the quality to be a very good squad player. When in top form he is very good, the rest of the time he is just an average player (which is most of the time). If he accept the role of squad player he should stay. No way we become a top side again with Ander Herrera and Matic as first choice midfielders.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.