Ander Herrera to PSG? | Gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ekeke

Maybe I don't, and maybe you can spell better. Fact is he left his boyhood and later hometown team and will also leave his current club to pursue his professional goals. Nothing wrong with that, just don't get too misty eyed about it.
Correct, but not necessarily money. PSG will have champions league, will be champions of their league and will be something new having been here a while now. I'm sure the money helps like with any player

manUfan2005

We need to pay more (sell Pereira to add some of his wages to Herrera ) if possible and keep Herrera. With Herrera our midfield is stronger and best part is it frees up Pogba to attack. Here is quote from Meulensteen on Pogba and Herrera.

"Herrera gives Pogba the platform to get in the box and play those searching passes, because he keeps the balance.

“He’s able to stop the fires, is mobile, can pick the right passes and has really good game understanding.

“I don't think the other central midfielders we've seen have been able to provide that same platform.”

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
At least we will see him in 3 more matches.
Top player who will be gone because of sheer incompetence by Woodward.
Oh absolutely bloody right @Red Dreams - a decent player, who should be given a raise, begged to stay on. But the resident pig-in-breeches wouldn't know that, would he? How many shirts will Herrera sell? How many clicks on this App or that App? I would say its more than sheer incompetence. I would say Woodward is set up that way, he is not trying to be football-literate, or football competent. Herrera will be gone because of how Manchester United are, now. Because of the state we are in. Same reason the stadium is rodent infested, same reason we have revolving door managers and no plan. It will be another major nail in the coffin for me to see Herrera go, I loved his drive and aggression, and genuine committment to the cause.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
We need to pay more (sell Pereira to add some of his wages to Herrera ) if possible and keep Herrera. With Herrera our midfield is stronger and best part is it frees up Pogba to attack. Here is quote from Meulensteen on Pogba and Herrera.

"Herrera gives Pogba the platform to get in the box and play those searching passes, because he keeps the balance.

“He’s able to stop the fires, is mobile, can pick the right passes and has really good game understanding.

“I don't think the other central midfielders we've seen have been able to provide that same platform.”
I have said as much.
Herrera and Matic provided the backbone of the midfield.
Pogba was the playmaker.

It was clear when we were winning all those matches and Ole was pretty much selecting the same starting 11, we had no real depth in the squad.
Otherwise he would have rotated more.

His training regime pretty much burnt out the heart of the team. Herrera and Matic especially.

Herrera is only just coming back. Matic is pretty burnt out. Lindgard and Martial look a shadow of themselves.

So it may not all be due to them being lazy or fed up.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
Oh absolutely bloody right @Red Dreams - a decent player, who should be given a raise, begged to stay on. But the resident pig-in-breeches wouldn't know that, would he? How many shirts will Herrera sell? How many clicks on this App or that App? I would say its more than sheer incompetence. I would say Woodward is set up that way, he is not trying to be football-literate, or football competent. Herrera will be gone because of how Manchester United are, now. Because of the state we are in. Same reason the stadium is rodent infested, same reason we have revolving door managers and no plan. It will be another major nail in the coffin for me to see Herrera go, I loved his drive and aggression, and genuine committment to the cause.
Woodward has no idea about running a football club.
He is a banker. We have got fleeced by so many in buying players.

I have had discussions about the state of the club with very knowledgeable Reds @Moriarty and @Cockney Phil.
We all feel the same frustrations and thoughts.

The entire state of the club at present. The quick change of mangers, player contracts, Old Trafford being left to rot is entirely due to the board and Woodward.

Obviously the team has fallen off in ability from where we were even 10 years ago.

Ole and Phelan will be given the players they ask in the summer. After a good pre-season hopefully we can make Top 4.

If the new season goes tits up, I honestly think the Glazers will chuck it in and sell the club.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Woodward has no idea about running a football club.
He is a banker. We have got fleeced by so many in buying players.

I have had discussions about the state of the club with very knowledgeable Reds @Moriarty and @Cockney Phil.
We all feel the same frustrations and thoughts.

The entire state of the club at present. The quick change of mangers, player contracts, Old Trafford being left to rot is entirely due to the board and Woodward.

Obviously the team has fallen off in ability from where we were even 10 years ago.

Ole and Phelan will be given the players they ask in the summer. After a good pre-season hopefully we can make Top 4.

If the new season goes tits up, I honestly think the Glazers will chuck it in and sell the club.
Interesting. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Let’s hope for the best.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
His people tried to bluff us, but it’s failed. PSG my ass.

RD94

It was clear when we were winning all those matches and Ole was pretty much selecting the same starting 11, we had no real depth in the squad.
All of the posts saying that we were winning because of Herrera being in our squad are ludicrous.

We were winning because of easy fixtures.Is it the same to play against City,PSG,Barcelona and even Wolves or Watford who are both in top 10.
When Ole came his first fixtures were Cardiff,Huddersfield,Reading and the team got a little spirit and talk of Ole bringing the United way back and along the way came Chelsea or Arsenal in FA cup or Tottenham and we never played better than them but we luckily won.

Through the years of post Fergie we never were the side who dominated opponents but the one were dominated by others(meaning top 6) in all terms of game.

Herrera is one of the average players we have in our squad and will not be missed at all just like half of our squad.

Those are all facts.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Whats wrong? He didn't leave his boyhood club for us and he left because Zaragoza HAD to sell players, going as far filing for voluntary adminstration. You made two points and they were both wrong, but other than that, spot on.
:lol:

Cpt Negative

All of the posts saying that we were winning because of Herrera being in our squad are ludicrous.

We were winning because of easy fixtures.Is it the same to play against City,PSG,Barcelona and even Wolves or Watford who are both in top 10.
When Ole came his first fixtures were Cardiff,Huddersfield,Reading and the team got a little spirit and talk of Ole bringing the United way back and along the way came Chelsea or Arsenal in FA cup or Tottenham and we never played better than them but we luckily won.

Through the years of post Fergie we never were the side who dominated opponents but the one were dominated by others(meaning top 6) in all terms of game.

Herrera is one of the average players we have in our squad and will not be missed at all just like half of our squad.

Those are all facts.
We were much better than Arsenal and Chelsea in the cup. Arsenal should have been 5-1

sp_107

No wonder its all went downhill since he is out of the team. He made things tick in Ole's first 15 games. he may not be the world beater but still good to have him on board compared to Perrera, Fred, Matic.

Instead of spending 50 millions transfer fee and 40 millions salary for next 5 years on his replacement why dont we give Herrera 40 millions for next 4 years? he knows club well and got that passion . What do you say ?

The Nani

Those are all facts.
Fachts.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
So Herrera is being built up a the key which difference between us not losing any games to now not being able to win any games? I seriously hope,and very much doubt, that anybody at the clubs views it that way. He's a squad player at best in a United team that is winning the Premier League.

izec

Agreed a 4-5 year contract at PSG apparently. He has done well here if true, sorted the rest of his career out money wise. I think he will also be a good squad player for them for the next 3-4 years with ease, Motta played til 35 there? Wanted him to stay, but i guess we will have quite some massive changes this summer.

Raw

Can't blame him for taking that offer. He's set for a good while, and he'll win leagues.

Still sad about it though :(

Mark Pawelek

Do not let go of Ander easily. Give him an improved offer please! If only for the next 2 years. The extra pay should be in the form of bonus for matches played.

Ekeke

So Herrera is being built up a the key which difference between us not losing any games to now not being able to win any games? I seriously hope,and very much doubt, that anybody at the clubs views it that way. He's a squad player at best in a United team that is winning the Premier League.
Based on everyone else's form all our players are squad players at best in a United team that is winning the premier league

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Based on everyone else's form all our players are squad players at best in a United team that is winning the premier league
Think that is the point most people are missing, the majority of our team would be squad players elsewhere and it is why we are in a mess. Sad Ander is going if this is true, but cannot blame him one bit. The whole club is turning into a disaster.

Mark Pawelek

The only player who tackles, runs & concentrates for 95 minutes. He does the least that all our other players should be doing. Let the babies go. Keep the men.

Ekeke

Think that is the point most people are missing, the majority of our team would be squad players elsewhere and it is why we are in a mess. Sad Ander is going if this is true, but cannot blame him one bit. The whole club is turning into a disaster.
I'm talking about form, not overall quality. We have some players who if they played at their best for 75% of the season would be good enough.

But this season they havent. Someone like Martial for example. He had some good form and he has contributed over the course of the season, but his form when he was one of the best left wingers in the league was only a few months. So that form wouldnt be good enough in a title winning team.

Even De Gea on current form would be a squad player at a title winning team. But on his best form would be a star in a title winning team

DomesticTadpole

I'm talking about form, not overall quality. We have some players who if they played at their best for 75% of the season would be good enough.

But this season they havent. Someone like Martial for example. He had some good form and he has contributed over the course of the season, but his form when he was one of the best left wingers in the league was only a few months. So that form wouldnt be good enough in a title winning team.

Even De Gea on current form would be a squad player at a title winning team. But on his best form would be a star in a title winning team
Maybe, Martial's form went south once he signed that new contract. Which is scandalous really. Yes we have some good players, but we also have some abysmal players both in the team and in the squad who are preventing us from being anywhere near a title winning squad and the problem is I can see those players still being here next season.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
"Squad player in a PL winning team". Newsflash, we aren't one, and if you drew up a list of players to get rid of he would have been way down in it.

Shame we seem to have decided to take a stand on wages with him of all people, I'm positive we would have had a much better shot at Top 4 with him.

We are run by morons and it does worry me Ole has played along with it.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
He certainly contributes to it. It’s baffling that anyone can look at our results and performances between when he has started and when he hasn’t and come to the conclusion it’s unrelated. I don’t know how many more times we need to watch this team meander around the pitch and get utterly overrun in midfield before the penny drops that this side needs someone like him in there.

Irwin99

One of the few players i'm sad to see go. I know many people won't agree but the decision to drop him after his best season at the club for Matic was ludicrous and the one and a half years he spent after that as a Jose squad player left us in this situation.

dove

People were happy to say we should be looking for a first team replacement for him when no one knew he was going. But now he’s all important.
Yes, Ander is not good enough to be the starting midfielder for a premier league winning team and I wouldn't mind seeing him go if we had better options but we do not. He is one of our better players... It also doesn't make things better seeing our club offering stupid contract extensions to absolute dross like Jones and Young while letting Herrera go. Now we will probably waste £50m on the replacement who is most likely going to be a downgrade which could have been easily avoided.

DomesticTadpole

Yes, Ander is not good enough to be the starting midfielder for a premier league winning team and I wouldn't mind seeing him go if we had better options but we do not. He is one of our better players... It also doesn't make things better seeing our club offering stupid contract extensions to absolute dross like Jones and Young while letting Herrera go. Now we will probably waste £50m on the replacement who is most likely going to be a downgrade which could have been easily avoided.
Haven't we already wasted £50m on a replacement?

Status
Not open for further replies.