Ander Herrera to PSG? | Gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johan07

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2019/04...thletic-bilbao-table-comparable-offer/418046/

Still not decided?
Can we hope?

I remember Mourinho being asked about Herrera's contract situation and he said, if it was up to him he would give players what they ask.
So he was saying the final decision was Woodward's and the boards.
Of course it is. Because its a financial decision and not a footballing one. That will always be the case.
If the reports of him wanting a four or even five year contract are true its a no-deal. He is 30 for fecks sake.. I just dont see PSG offering that either. Smells agent-briefing all over this. Too bad, good player and right attitude.

MuFc_1992

Of course it is. Because its a financial decision and not a footballing one. That will always be the case.
If the reports of him wanting a four or even five year contract are true its a no-deal. He is 30 for fecks sake.. I just dont see PSG offering that either. Smells agent-briefing all over this. Too bad, good player and right attitude.
They can afford to pay him because they save a shitload of money by not paying a transfer fee for him. In an ideal market he's definitely worth 35-40 million so, they can pay him 5 million on top of his actual wage and still come out getting a good deal.

Johan07

They can afford to pay him because they save a shitload of money by not paying a transfer fee for him. In an ideal market he's definitely worth 35-40 million so, they can pay him 5 million on top of his actual wage and still come out getting a good deal.
Well yes, agree, but I was talking about the length of the contract. To offer a 30-year old that long term of contract on that wage is weird even for PSG. But it might not be true either tbf.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Well yes, agree, but I was talking about the length of the contract. To offer a 30-year old that long term of contract on that wage is weird even for PSG. But it might not be true either tbf.
He is 29 and will be for a good while yet. Not a big deal but no reason for inaccuracy just to make giving him a long deal look worse.

Celoti23-81

Solskjaer goes on about survival of the fitness and having the right mentality, I'm sorry, but Herrera is I would say the only one true midfielder we have who has that. The priority should be to sign him up on a new contract. Or otherwise the board will need to find 60million plus to replace him, and there are no guarantees in that player working out.

I'd even give Herrera the captains armband for christ sakes!

Johan07

He is 29 and will be for a good while yet. Not a big deal but no reason for inaccuracy just to make giving him a long deal look worse.
He will be 30 at the start of next season though which is what is relevant IMO. But you are right in theory of course. He is 29 now.
I would love to have Herrera here next season but we cannot tie up older players on 4-year contracts. That said I really, really question if PSG has offered Herrera a 4-year contract. It smells of an agent leak so much. 2+1 maybe would be reasonable.

Ekeke

That still doesn't warrant paying Herrera 200k a week. He's not at that level
I dont think we should pay him £200k neither do I expect him to be asking for it.

However, if we were going to overpay someone then a player who works the hardest in the team, is team focused and does a lot of the dirty work for the more talented players and puts in the best big match performances is for me the best player to overpay. At least that player is giving their all.

Much rather that than someone more talented but doesnt try half as much and doesnt perform that well in big matches. That player could be giving a lot more but their attitude means they dont.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
It really is incredible what little stock is given to what he does for us. No matter how often we see our team improve when he comes into the side, no matter the statistical evidence available to support it, there will be those that flatly deny it.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
It really is incredible what little stock is given to what he does for us. No matter how often we see our team improve when he comes into the side, no matter the statistical evidence available to support it, there will be those that flatly deny it.
This. Some have either never liked or rated him, and nothing to the contrary will change their opinion about him.

Von Mistelroum

I mean imagine letting him go but tying Jones down to a new contract. Say we do replace Herrera...when that replacement can't play then we still don't have a player with the bite and tenacity of him in midfield so it's really as you were but with more money spent.

dangler

I'm left with the impression that players are ill-treated and it affects them in a negative way. United seem like a toxic workplace at the moment.

In SAF and Gill days players were being rewarded for their loyalty and consistency and they responded positively. Very few players left on their own or showed lack of effort on the pitch.

Players like Herrera and De Gea that spent their best years not winning trophies and were forced to play with the likes of Fellaini (sry buddy, nice hair though) and under weird managers are now being held hostage over few thousand per week. Meanwhile Sanchez is buying a yacht every 3 months while doing nothing to warrant it.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
This.

klayton88

Criminal if we don't do what we can to keep him. Anybody who doesn't see how much better we are with him in the team are delusional and have an agenda against him.

mu4c_20le

Time to stop playing moneyball.

Renegade

Yes, he is.
We’ve been trying to replace him for 2 seasons straight. 2 summers later and £90m lighter and we have Matic and Fred to show. Forgive me for not feeling too optimistic about him being replaced.

Would have preferred the £50m to replace him to be used on the more pressing issues we have.

OneUnited24

I know he’s going to be 30 next season but he’s still better than some of our other players

red4ever 79

Good performance. Lot of energy, covered a lot of ground moved the ball quickly. Would be interested to see the stats from today who covered the most distance in our midfield

ravi2

Herrera usually makes everyone around him better, we have so few players like this...and we are letting him go whilst extending the contracts of Young and Jones. Too bad Herrera isnt English

Status
Not open for further replies.