Ander Herrera to PSG? | Gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ROFLUTION

Ever since he stopped playing for us we've been losing, and Pogba has dropped in form.

Maybe Meulensteen is right that Herrera is a really good match for Pogba.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Agreed a 4-5 year contract at PSG apparently. He has done well here if true, sorted the rest of his career out money wise. I think he will also be a good squad player for them for the next 3-4 years with ease, Motta played til 35 there? Wanted him to stay, but i guess we will have quite some massive changes this summer.
Motta was twice the player Herrera is and showed worrying signs of decline from the age of 32.

el3mel

Good luck for him in the rest of his career. Probably the only United player of the current lot I loved due to his passion and caring for the shirt while playing. Those who keep underrating him and saying he's not as good should enjoy our lackluster midfield jogging and strolling around because Herrera was the only one in them who cared about running, pressing and moving.

-Supreme-

Good news if true.

Those who keep overrating him and saying he's great even though he's shown a great deal of inconsistency over his 5 year stay at United can finally enjoy watching someone coming in that isn't as limited as Herrera.

dove

Good news if true.

Those who keep overrating him and saying he's great even though he's shown a great deal of inconsistency over his 5 year stay at United can finally enjoy watching someone coming in that isn't as limited as Herrera.
Based on our transfer history, we will get someone for £50m who is even more limited.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
This is a shame. He's nowhere near the first I'd have out of the door from this squad, in fact he's one of our better players. Woodward is a fecking chump.

Fluctuation0161

Herrera had the right mentality and experience for United. He may be the only one who did out of our whole squad. Big loss considering the clear out we need.

buckooo1978

hate to say it but i think hes fit and he's not playing because he's leaving

a real shame as hes a fantastic squad player in any top side - not surprising that PSG are in for him

dove

Let's not buy anyone and keep the squad as it is and hope for the best?
I just think that we let a good squad player go for free and will spend a lot of money on another player that could have been avoided. I fear that instead of fixing obvious holes like RB and RW, we will use a big chunk of this money on Herrera's replacement.

El-Manos

Makes no sense. I really don’t understand what we are at. Without champions league we’ll struggle majorly with our rebuild. Many players have to go Ander wasn’t one of them however. Terrible decision once again.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
I just think that we let a good squad player go for free and will spend a lot of money on another player that could have been avoided. I fear that instead of fixing obvious holes like RB and RW, we will use a big chunk of this money on Herrera's replacement.
This is my biggest problem with it. Fair play to him if he's got something like a 4 year deal out of them good luck to him.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
I can't blame him if he's going. The lure of playing for Manchester United must surely wear off for a player that came here in 2014 and has had a first row experience of the shitshow that's taken place since. On top of that he's never won a league title so to have PSG come and offer him a guaranteed title with CL fooball added to that then I can't see why he would want to stay unless he got more money than he's worth.

AgentSquirrel

If it's true that he was looking £200,000 a week, then he had to be let go. A squad player should never be earning that much.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
hate to say it but i think hes fit and he's not playing because he's leaving

a real shame as hes a fantastic squad player in any top side - not surprising that PSG are in for him
Tomorrow will prove it either way as he seriously can't still be injured

Our ole run felt apart when we realised we couldn't rely on the same eleven and expect to play high intensity every game

mu4c_20le

If we do end up spending big it's because we need to, simple as that. Our midfield has been non existent during our bad run. The wages could be used on someone younger, hungrier. Tired of handing out big contracts just because we are afraid to change.

AgentSquirrel

Replacing him will cost more. Penny wise, pound foolish.
Doesn't matter. If we're getting rid of Sanchez and trying to right the wage structure, we could never agree to it. I think the hierarchy is a mess, but agreeing to that would have been monumentally stupid. Hopefully we can replace him with someone better.

buckooo1978

If it's true that he was looking £200,000 a week, then he had to be let go. A squad player should never be earning that much.
that makes sense if he was a Nicky Butt or a Tom Cleverley but hes pretty important to us

we're replacing Herrera when we should be replacing Matic.... our last midfield addition was 52m for an inferior player to Herrera and you can add easily 120k a week on top of that

Herrera should have been extended last Summer but Jose had a hard on for Matic and Fellaini

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Attempt to signing him in 2013 was not enough of the farce I see... let's just dump the most productive midfielder in decisive moment of the season, I'm sure that will help in keeping much needed balance.

At least they could wait for end of May... Christ, what a depressing season.

RedDevil@84

Well good luck to him. Not sure why many others have such a low opinion about him. He has enough talent to help Pogba play more freely and was probably the last person I wanted out of the door.
And for the people who think he can be easily replaced, it is Woodward's team that gets a player. More than likely it is some underwhelming ok-ish player for big money for whom there is not much competition.

redshaw

Good for him.

Would've liked him to stay for 2 years but not on a 4 year deal for ~200k.

Inter Yer Nan

Of one of the 8 or 9 players I don't want to see in a United shirt again he's not one of them. I understand the clubs stance of not wanting to give him a four year 200k deal though. I'll never understand not renewing him a year or two back though.

ravi2

Of one of the 8 or 9 players I don't want to see in a United shirt again he's not one of them. I understand the clubs stance of not wanting to give him a four year 200k deal though. I'll never understand not renewing him a year or two back though.
Currently there is no top tier football club that is run as poorly as we are and there are zero signs of this changing anytime soon.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
He's been here nearly 5 years, was a peerless professional in that time, won POTY and put in some cracking performances, but was never offered a contract extension, despite several other players undeserving of one got one anyway.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Gave more passion on the bench than some of the dross on the field. I'll be sad to see him go while we keep the likes of Smalling

NoPace

On the one hand, we had 6 players I trust to produce next season (Pogba, De Gea, Shaw, Lindelof, Rashford due to his age, talent and desire the others) and now we have 5.

On the other hand, this team isn't going anywhere. I'm team strip it down and rebuild now.Sell Pogba, Lukaku and De Gea while we can definitely get 250M for them and let's buy a whole new team, no buys over 24 or so, and probably none upfront where we should play the young guys and give Rashford, Martial and Greenwood time to develop and learn and improve.

Herrera will be worth the money for PSG on him not being a bottler alone for their CL runs. Also until his legs go in a couple years, should be a nice fit as a partner for Verratti, doing lots of running next to him and letting Marquinhos go back to defence so he and Kimpembe can finally get on with forming a partnership. His wages won't look good in 3 years when he's an average passer and lost some mobility, so I don't mind letting him go (though our incompetence cost us 20M or so in a transfer or just keeping him at a reasonable wage) and wish him well.

A winner, and our 2nd best player of the post-Fergie era after De Gea, in terms of total contribution, ahead of Smalling and the indifferent and only here for 3 seasons Pogba at #3, which says it all!

Inter Yer Nan

He's been here nearly 5 years, was a peerless professional in that time, won POTY and put in some cracking performances, but was never offered a contract extension, despite several other players undeserving of one got one anyway.
Exactly. I was genuinely depressed seeing on my social media photos of Jones and Young smiling with a pen in their hand whilst Herrera's contract was running down.

RedDevil@84

I was genuinely depressed seeing on my social media photos of Jones and Young smiling with a pen in their hand
I was shell shocked when Jones got a 4 yr contract, think I literally did a double face palm. I still feel the pain. What a dumb dumb decision.
And all I wanted is Herrera and De Gea to extend.

zenith

Complete disaster to meet him go especially when we are short of leaders on the pitch. At the very least he gave it his all and was a good compliment for pogba.

To let him go and extend the contracts of Jones and young is representing a shambolic transfer policy

Inter Yer Nan

I was shell shocked when Jones got a 4 yr contract, think I literally did a double face palm. I still feel the pain. What a dumb dumb decision.
And all I wanted is Herrera and De Gea to extend.
Nightmare decisions across the board. I think Dave will be extended but if he doesn't then that's just so pathetic to even try to make sense of. Too many extensions of players who "can do a (shit) job".

Status
Not open for further replies.