Ander Herrera to PSG? | Gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
We will now end up with only 3 midfielders (Matic, Scott and Fred) playing a trio midfielder system entering next season, and we still have the CB, RB and RW to cover.

All in a summer market that's going to last till 8 August so about 2 months.

Fun season is coming ahead.
Fixed

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Wouldn't like to see him go but he's not irreplaceable, so wouldn't be that bothered if he did go , just hope we sign a good player to replace him.

Andersonson

Should be kept, but shouldnt be a starter. Our midfield lacks quality badly. We rarely controll matches and he is partly to blame for that. Would be a great rotation option though.

In certain games he is the right man, but not generally

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
The underrating of Herrera in this thread is ridiculous.

ivaldo

Should be kept, but shouldnt be a starter. Our midfield lacks quality badly. We rarely controll matches and he is partly to blame for that. Would be a great rotation option though.

In certain games he is the right man, but not generally
Nonsense. He is the one player in midfield that give us that element of control. There isn't a single player in the league who is better at dispossessing the opposition, and when in possession, he very rarely gets caught on it. Our midfield needs to be Pogba, Herrera and A.N.Other.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Wouldn't like to see him go but he's not irreplaceable, so wouldn't be that bothered if he war wold, just hope we sign a good player to replace him.
He wouldn't be sold, he would leave for nothing, so it would be a big chunk out of our summer budget to replace him. So then likely a position we need strengthening in would be left yet again. We just seem to tread water constantly.

el3mel

Also, for those criticizing Woodward... it does seem like we're hiring a DoF for precisely this kind of thing.
I'm surprised some actually are still believing in us hiring DOF in this thread. I don't even remember the last time I heard us connected to one.

This Dof shite just comes up whenever we're having a terrible period to shut up the fans but got swept under the carpet once we hit a period of form.

United_We_Stand

David McDonnell: "Manchester United are refusing to be held to ransom by midfield stars Ander Herrera and Juan Mata....Herrera is understood to want to more than double his current weekly wage of £120,000-a-week, while Mata, on around £140,000-a-week, is also looking for a significant hike to extend."

RedDevil@84

The underrating of Herrera in this thread is ridiculous.
It is a typical reaction though. The moment that some player (not DDG level) is rumoured to leave, people start the "But it wasn't like he was extremely good" or "We anyways needed an upgrade" arguments.

Zoo

Sounds like some mischief making on PSG’s end. It’s the kind of butthurt thing they would do.

DomesticTadpole

David McDonnell: "Manchester United are refusing to be held to ransom by midfield stars Ander Herrera and Juan Mata....Herrera is understood to want to more than double his current weekly wage of £120,000-a-week, while Mata, on around £140,000-a-week, is also looking for a significant hike to extend."
I commented on this. I think he has got Herrera's wages wrong for a start. He isn't on that sort of money.

RedDevil@84

240k seems too big an amount to believe. He would obviously want a payrise though.
Besides I believe Ander is on 75K or 80k only and not on 120k

:lol:
..while Mata, on around £140,000-a-week, is also looking for a significant hike to extend.
Goodluck,Mata.

stu_1992

This doesn't seem like a Herrera move tbf, unless he's completely pulled the wool over our eyes. It would suck to see him leave on a free and he's very important for us and I echo the people calling for him to be captain. I'd understand if it was Bilbao he left us on a free for, but for PSG would just not sit right with me. Doesn't seem like the fit for him. Wouldn't be surprised if this was PSG stirring trouble, not that they wouldn't be interested in him.

What this does highlight is a need to get back to the top level to lessen the allure of a club like PSG. It also shows how stupid we are for letting contracts run down so low. Ridiculous really.

DomesticTadpole

This doesn't seem like a Herrera move tbf, unless he's completely pulled the wool over our eyes. It would suck to see him leave on a free and he's very important for us and I echo the people calling for him to be captain. I'd understand if it was Bilbao he left us on a free for, but for PSG would just not sit right with me. Doesn't seem like the fit for him. Wouldn't be surprised if this was PSG stirring trouble, not that they wouldn't be interested in him.

What this does highlight is a need to get back to the top level to lessen the allure of a club like PSG. It also shows how stupid we are for letting contracts run down so low. Ridiculous really.
Zaragoza to Bilbao to Manchester. He seems to like living in this sort of City. Actually not sure Paris is his sort of thing.

ivaldo

I commented on this. I think he has got Herrera's wages wrong for a start. He isn't on that sort of money.
Yeah I think you’re right there. I thought it was around 70k, so doubling it would bring him in line with Matic, which would be fair.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
:lol: if true don't let the door hit them on the way out.

NoMidfielders

I'd rather keep him than Fred any day of the week as a bench option but a more creative midfielder in his place makes us a much better team

Josep Dowling

He will go to PSG because he has a family to take care of. There's no way we are offering him that length of contract on that much. He will be 30 this year and he'll be stupid to refuse. Loyalty should play no part.
The club will be right in refusing to match PSG's offer but we should have sorted this out well over a year ago.
It's not like he's earning £20k a year. I'm sure his family can have a high standard of living for the rest of their lives on his current salary.

Renegade

Herrera is a good player.That's it.
You don’t give good players away for nothing. If PSG were buying him off us you’d more than likely see different responses. We need to invest in a rebuild but due to poor planning we’ll need to spend significant amounts on a replacement for Ander. Which will now slow down our rebuild. Piss poor planning.

Status
Not open for further replies.