Anderson to play for reserves against City tonight

thoward

It's not a lisp!
http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid={B4CEE8FA-9A47-47BC-B069-3F7A2F35DB70}&newsid=468536

Brazilian international Anderson will get a run-out for United's Reserves against Manchester City on Tuesday evening.

The 19-year-old summer signing from Porto made his senior debut against Sunderland on Saturday, and Sir Alex Ferguson has taken the decision to give him more playing time at Sports City.

Anderson will play upfront with Fraizer Campbell as the Reds look to build on last Thursday's opening-game win over Everton at the Victoria Stadium.

Febian Brandy - the Reds' matchwinner against the Toffees - will again be on the bench as Brian McClair and Jim Ryan name another strong side for Tuesday's derby.

Tom Heaton continues in goal, behind a back four of Phil Bardsley, James Chester and Eckersley brothers Richard and Adam.

A particularly strong Reds midfield comprises wingers Chris Eagles and Lee Martin, either side of Sam Hewson and Kieran Lee in the centre.

Dong Fangzhuo drops to the bench, alongside Brandy, Sean Evans, Michael Barnes and goalkeeper Gary Woods.

United: Heaton; R Eckersley, Bardsley, Chester, A Eckersley; Eagles, Hewson, Lee, Martin; Anderson, Campbell.
Substitutes: Dong, Woods, Barnes, Brandy, S Evans.

pert

Look out for Febian Brandy

He is a good player

pert

He doesn't look at all interested if I'm honest...

Not really involved in attacking play very much

umair

He doesn't look at all interested if I'm honest...

Not really involved in attacking play very much
i think he's out of position (in the hole behind the striker)

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
I think it's a bit of a culture shock for Anderson. It's been a brutal first half, all kick and rush and lots of head-tennis. Probably good experience for him.

Sam Hewson has been the best player on the pitch. Seems to be everywhere, making good tackes and using the ball well.

Campbells done well up front as well.

pert

United were winning 1-0

They're now losing 3-1

julesee

anderson didnt look very happy when he came off..... that ronaldinho smile is disappearing

LizardKing

First Team Regular
I'm the crawling king snake and I rule my den.
It was an average game, can't believe City got those 3 at the end.

Anderson was invisible most the game, he is always 10 yards behind the play but he does work hard. Would prefer to see him in the midfield rather than up-front.

These lads behind me managed to embarrass Martin when he came off by shouting 'show us your willy', it was pretty funny.

Mainoldo

It was an average game, can't believe City got those 3 at the end.

Anderson was invisible most the game, he is always 10 yards behind the play but he does work hard. Would prefer to see him in the midfield rather than up-front.

These lads behind me managed to embarrass Martin when he came off by shouting 'show us your willy', it was pretty funny.
Why isn't he packing much?? I hope United don't ruin Anderson by somehow thinking he's a striker!! the same way Fergie thought Kleberson was an attacking midfielder!!

Mainoldo

He looks low on confidence
low in confidence?? Thats what normally happens to players that aren't getting support of the staff, i think he's just lacking match practice!!

pert

He's lacking confidence, I'm telling you

Mainoldo

He's lacking confidence, I'm telling you
Well i never watch the game... so if you say so!! I would be very concerned if thats the case then! He must not like the role been given to him then

Bearded but no genius

Well i never watch the game... so if you say so!! I would be very concerned if thats the case then! He must not like the role been given to him then
He's brand new in a new country with a new kind of football.

It is going to take time, people!

FFS, the expectations of him were ludicrous, and now people are getting "very concerned" because he's not superhuman.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
That capitulation at the end was embarrassing. United players are supposed to be winners, not sulkers

pert

The game against Sporting should be ideal for him

I hope he plays there

Mainoldo

He's brand new in a new country with a new kind of football.

It is going to take time, people!

FFS, the expectations of him were ludicrous, and now people are getting "very concerned" because he's not superhuman.
Who said i was expecting wonders i know his young and i know his new to the country!! I was just concerned that i guy that has only been playing with us for 5 minutes is apparently playing like he has 'no confidence' which i find very strange!!

pert

Don't misquote me

I said: "low on confidence"

Which, he is, to me anyway

noodlehair

"It's like..."
He's also hopelessly unfit. Needs a couple of months to get the sharpness back, and that's without the added difficulty of being at a new club, in a different environment, and not playing regularly

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
While Anderson is not allowed, and didn't do much in the game, it's obvious watching him that he's a class player.