"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
You can see it already.

'Why am I not allowed? Why?'

pert

He's doing an impression of K14 there

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Anderson looked pretty good to me vs City. When he, Eagles and Martin went off we fell apart
Eagles and Martin looked good, I agree. Anderson, erm... didn't.

But he did show the odd glimpse of class. You can see that he has it in him to be decent but something's not quite right. Confidence? Fitness? A new league? Probably all of the above.

But one thing's for sure, he'll have to up his game, big time, before he even gets ahead of Eaagles and Martin, never mind Giggs or Scholes. Still, as Fergie said, he bought Anderson for next season, not this one. People need to remember that.

Kieran Lee was superb, by the way. Again. I would like to see him getting games ahead of Eagles.

Bardsley was poor to average, he has to be bottom rung in the queue for right-back (if you'll excuse the mixed metaphor).

Decotron

That capitulation at the end was embarrassing. United players are supposed to be winners, not sulkers
Bit Harsh IMO, They were up against a more experienced team. Loads of positives, Hewson looks a great player in the making. Lee had a good game aswell. They basically ran out of steam, and were down to 10 men for the last 8mins (bardsley got injured). They were the better team for 60-70mins then got sloppy, its what young players do and they are are sure to come on and learn from this.

relx

Frnkie Sys
Sir Alex Ferguson is confident Brazilian midfielder Anderson will be a success at Old Trafford despite enduring a somewhat subdued debut.

The 19-year-old, who has already been compared to international team-mate Ronaldinho, made his first competitive appearance for the Reds in the 1-0 win over Sunderland at the weekend, but struggled to make an impact during his 45-minute run-out.

Sir Alex has no doubts about Anderson's talent, insisting he simply needs a little more time to settle into England's top flight.

"He'll take time. He's 19 years of age and is a player with great skill, I'm sure he'll be okay," said the Reds' manager.

"I thought he found it difficult against Sunderland because of the speed of the game and the way they set their stall out made it difficult for us.

"Also if you look at the four that played - Anderson, Eagles, Tevez and Nani - they've never played with each other.

"But we were pleased to get 45 minutes behind Anderson. Hopefully, the two weeks before the Everton game will give him a chance to improve."

Anderson played just over an hour of the Reserves' 3-1 defeat at Manchester City on Tuesday night. Having been omitted from the Brazilian squad for their friendlies against USA and Mexico, the midfielder will spend the next ten days sharpening up his fitness ahead of United's next league match at Everton on Saturday week.

Tucson Manc

He looked unfit, had trouble finding space and match sharpness was missing. That said, he did a couple of things that were very encouraging. He ws one on one with the keeper and only stopped because the ref had already given a foul, and he slid a beautiful pass through to Tevez. Playing for the reserves will do him good. Next time he plays for the first team should provide a real view of how good he will be.
I don't believe confidence was a factor.

LizardKing

First Team Regular
I'm the crawling king snake and I rule my den.
Eagles and Martin looked good, I agree. Anderson, erm... didn't.

But he did show the odd glimpse of class. You can see that he has it in him to be decent but something's not quite right. Confidence? Fitness? A new league? Probably all of the above.

But one thing's for sure, he'll have to up his game, big time, before he even gets ahead of Eaagles and Martin, never mind Giggs or Scholes. Still, as Fergie said, he bought Anderson for next season, not this one. People need to remember that.

Kieran Lee was superb, by the way. Again. I would like to see him getting games ahead of Eagles.

Bardsley was poor to average, he has to be bottom rung in the queue for right-back (if you'll excuse the mixed metaphor).
Agree, about Kieran lee.

I was really impressed with him last night.

M160RA

The international break should do him a world of good...at least in terms of fitness and sharpness.