Anderson

Discussion in 'Manchester United Forum' started by Kaos, Apr 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apr 28, 2013

JakeC nightclub John Terry

He really can't win.
  2. Apr 28, 2013

Jimy_Hills_Chin Desperately wants to be ITK

What I meant was that he looked good today but so what. The conditions were perfect for him. The problem is when games are tight, he wastes the ball and then has to be stretchered off after 60mins because of exhaustion.

Get him sold.

I realise now that a fellow of your limited deductive nous wouldn't have been able to read be the lines. I will expand further for you in future :)
  3. Apr 28, 2013

Dominos Full Member

He could never achieve that with so little game time.

He's been our 3rd best CM this season, which is often overlooked. If we're prepared to bring 2 new midfielders in if he leaves (after neglecting the issue for years, it seems unlikely), then fair enough, otherwise, it's best he stays really as our midfield is weak enough as it is. That's unless we're all happy to see centre backs and 40 year old wingers getting regular game time in central midfield for us yet again next season.

Another agenda driven bellend. He's played 90 minutes for us this season with ease for a start. His last game against Sunderland he was subbed off after 84 minutes for no reason other than he's our default sub and not one of our big players, he was running and playing fine until his last minute.
  4. Apr 28, 2013

SkeppyRed Lineups Game Winner 2012/13

Thiago would be more of a luxury rather than someone who fits what we need. He's obviously got fantastic ability on the ball but he would need time to improve the defensive aspects of his game before he would be ready to play in a midfield two for us.

We need someone who can fill in as our holding midfielder / deep playmaker when Carrick is unavailable, as well be able to play next to him. Don't think Thiago fits that criteria.
  5. Apr 28, 2013

The Neviller New Member

I chuckled when I saw the home page and saw the last post in the Anderson thread was made by Dominos.

Poor Ando.
  6. Apr 28, 2013

Agenda? This isn't Dallas, there is no oil at stake here. What exactly is my 'agenda'?
  7. Apr 28, 2013

KingEric7 Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker

Ahh, must admit this is probably the first time I've seen Anderson have a cameo like that and not be optimistic. He played well and was lively but the story has repeated itself for too long now. I would really, really like to see him play in a 3 man midfield with Carrick and Cleverley (or a new signing :drool:) on a consistent basis just to rule that out as something we could've done to get the best out of him, though!
  8. Apr 28, 2013

Mainoldo Full Member

Whens the last time you've seen Thiago play 90minutes.
  9. Apr 28, 2013

thoward It's not a lisp!

Anderson likes playing against Arsenal. Many of his best matches have been against them, the three games against them in 07-08(the league game at OT as a sub), both legs of the Champions League semi final in 08-09, the league game at OT in 10-11, the 8-2 game last season. It probably helped that often we'd play with 3 in central midfield against them, he used to like playing alongside Carrick and Fletcher.
  10. Apr 28, 2013

Raees Legal Guardian of the Football forums

Bilbao, Zaragoza just recently.. in fact he's started 19 times this season and completed 90 minutes 11 times, compared to Anderson's 3. He is also facing alot more competition for his starting spot.

I've always been a great fan of Anderson but I'm just sick and tired with our midfield play, Anderson has had enough time to be the solution and any time he does get fit and plays regularly, he inevitably breaks down... the video of United players laughing at his work rate during training also made me question whether he has the discipline to overcome his fitness issues and nail a regular starting spot. I've lost patience, just want to see a dynamic creative mid in there who is young, not injury prone and can take this team to a new level in terms of style.
  11. Apr 28, 2013

ghaliboy Snitches on Tom Hagen

Thanks for that. :lol: Let Fergie know.
  12. Apr 28, 2013

duffer Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's Scout

Just wheelbarrow the fat feck out onto the pitch and squeeze him into the frame of the goal. You'll never lose again.
  13. Apr 29, 2013

Isotope Full Member

Supports:
    Ole Ole Ole
    :lol: Dominos like Ando, as much as Ando a fan of (another) Dominos. He might be a storage of muscles, but he still look fat as feck (for a top flight footballer).
  14. Apr 29, 2013

Mr Anderson Eats, shoots, leaves

We can leave the goal open if Torres starts for Chelsea too. sounds good.
  15. May 14, 2013

Rossa Full Member

Is it just me, or did Ando, against Swansea, look like he wanted to play next season? He looked very eager, touched the United logo and cheered the crowd on. Wasn't playing too badly either. It's annoying because we all know he can be a great asset...
  16. May 14, 2013

I would love to see Ando doing Moyes's horseshoe, or whatever the hell it is 'run fat boy runnnnnnnnnnnn'.

Who knows, maybe Moyes can get Ando fit and hungry for success again.
  17. May 14, 2013

Maagge enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS

I really feel sorry for him. Every single time he looks like he has found a bit of form he gets injured and have to start all over again. It's sad because he provides that drive from midfield our other options can't provide.
  18. May 14, 2013

NinjaFletch Full Member

He's already too hungry, that's the problem.
  19. May 14, 2013

Judge Red Don't Call Me Douglas

Of course he should stay for the rest of his career based on character. And he should be given a chance under Moyes. A few of these players who would benefit from a fresh start are going to get one at Old Trafford.
  20. May 14, 2013

Rossa Full Member

Exactly. With the rumours of him leaving next season, it was a bit heart warming to see him cheering the crowd on like he did and the fact that he really looked like he wanted to play for United. His drive from midfield is just brilliant - amazing acceleration and he is so strong too!
  21. May 19, 2013

Red Shorts Forrest Gimp

Lasted the full 90 minutes, Get in! Put that one down in the record books!

Ha
  22. May 19, 2013

DevilRed Full Member

Average performance from him. Good to see him back and getting alot of playing time in the last few matches. I hope that means he isn't leaving because he is capable of being so much better than his is right now. Just needs an injury free season.
  23. May 19, 2013

Leg-End Full Member

I, For One, Welcome our Woodward overlord.
    Faded past the hour mark again, he needs that Moyes horseshoe run.

Still a decent performance though.
  24. May 19, 2013

Red Dreams Full Member

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
    hope he stays. really looked the business in the first half.
  25. May 19, 2013

Ekeke Full Member

And we saw exactly why he never normally plays a full match. Invisible in the final section
  26. May 19, 2013

Played well today, he wasn't invisable at all. He was played out wide for a good bit of the second half.
  27. May 19, 2013

Red Shorts Forrest Gimp

Half our team were invisible in the last half an hour. We might as well have not put up a defense, but yes let's pick out Anderson as the only one :rolleyes:
  28. May 19, 2013

Joemo whistling in the wind

I thought he played well today. Agree with Jake, he came out left a lot of interchanged with Valencia quite well. Not a breathtaking performance, but not really criticisable given the overall trend of the match.
  29. May 19, 2013

Ekeke Full Member

I saw the defence a lot, dont know what game you were watching
  30. May 19, 2013

Red Shorts Forrest Gimp

Yes they were there to see 5 goals go past, very good.

Back to Anderson, he linked up well with Valencia on the right, and his performances have been pretty steady in the run in for the EPL. Can't see Moyes offloading him this summer, there's no need to cut down on a position we are lacking quality in anyway.
  31. May 20, 2013

Dominos Full Member

There was a crossfield ball to Valencia in behind the full back today that was :drool:

Odd he's started getting games now in the last few matches.. Maybe he's staying afterall. We'd need 2 new CM's should he leaves anyway, probably best we keep him because we know that wont happen.
  32. May 20, 2013

Phil Full Member

We need an Anderson boom bust cycle
  33. May 20, 2013

SharkyMcShark Horrified

Using location as a tagline: because I'm just not
    We have one, but I don't think anyone has made an image for it.

Class - Injured - Fat
  34. May 20, 2013

Dominos Full Member

What we need is a more realistic graph that says "he's actually a good squad player to have, the club's third best CM (isn't saying much yada yada), and would probably be a lot better if he wasn't neglected in favour of out of position players and pensioners".
  35. May 20, 2013

I think he's better then Cleverely.
  36. May 20, 2013

mlclauhk Full Member

He clearly tries very hard, but if he's going to be running about getting short passes and spraying them wide, and ultimately overhitting most of them, we'd be better off getting Cleverley to do that. Think he'll be gone in the summer.
  37. May 20, 2013

I would have said so too if SAF had stayed. Who knows though, perhaps Moyes will fancy horseshoeing that tubby bloater into a decent Premier League midfielder.
  38. May 20, 2013

Shinjisan Account closed by request

Like the character, not the player. It is time for him to move on and make a career for himself outside United. Also, time we sign a top class creative central midfielder.
  39. May 20, 2013

Nate Dogg Don't Make Me Angry

I get the impression Fergie really likes him, possibly more with his personality but with SAF gone Moyes may just get rid and bring in Felliani.
  40. May 20, 2013

pocco loco

Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
    That David Johnson said he's definitely off and I think Anderson is one of the players he knows fairly well. I just think Fergie likes him and has given him a bit of football to get him a good move.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.