Anderson

Status
Not open for further replies.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Not particularly. Staying fit is one part of it. He actually has to perform as well and I'm not exactly holding my breath on that one.
I've never seen him play badly. he can become pretty transparent, but you never really see him make mistakes.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
If you read up a few posts, it was mentioned by another poster.
I dont give a feck of what others said to you. They've got their opinion, Ive got mine. As I said before. I dont think that Ando is shite (let alone scum), in fact on his good day, he's world class. However he's injury prone and highly inconsistent.

BTW it was you who overreacted on my post, by answering to them with sarcasm. If you don't like my posts, pls dont reply to them.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
His passing isn't at all atrocious, he is clever, he's lightning quick and yes his shooting is improving.

Are you a keyboard warrior or just a massive prick?
It's not atrocious but I wouldn't really call it brilliant either. He's shown glimpses of being good on the ball, but so did Gibson at times. He's done nothing to really show me he can standout from the rest of the league as a passer. He's not really quick either. If he had decent fitness he probably would be, but that doesn't matter when he's not fit.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
I've never seen him play badly. he can become pretty transparent, but you never really see him make mistakes.
I'm not going to get into discussion about individual games here, but there have been times when he has looked very poor on the pitch for us. Of course there have been times when he's looked very good as well, but there have been plenty of times when he's looked poor too.

Phil

Anderson "Lightening quick" you have to be taking the piss.

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
I love Anderson, and I hope that he'll become a great player for us but he's been plenty bad over the last couple of seasons and made plenty of mistakes. On his day, he can be a great player with a good pass and the ability to take on a man, but he can also be infuriating and overhitting an annyoing amount of simple passes. He needs to get a run of games to get into the groove, and he needs to keep his cool when things are not going well. If he can recover after doing a few mistakes, then he would be twice the player he currently is as it seems to me that if he makes a mistake, he tries way too hard to make him look good afterwards but ends up failing most of the time.

JakeC

It's not atrocious but I wouldn't really call it brilliant either. He's shown glimpses of being good on the ball, but so did Gibson at times. He's done nothing to really show me he can standout from the rest of the league as a passer. He's not really quick either. If he had decent fitness he probably would be, but that doesn't matter when he's not fit.
Are you comparing him to Gibson? If you are, you should just leave, just. no. really?

devilish

I love Anderson, and I hope that he'll become a great player for us but he's been plenty bad over the last couple of seasons and made plenty of mistakes. On his day, he can be a great player with a good pass and the ability to take on a man, but he can also be infuriating and overhitting an annyoing amount of simple passes. He needs to get a run of games to get into the groove, and he needs to keep his cool when things are not going well. If he can recover after doing a few mistakes, then he would be twice the player he currently is as it seems to me that if he makes a mistake, he tries way too hard to make him look good afterwards but ends up failing most of the time.
that's basically what I think

plus I added the injury prone thing.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
His speed is quite deceptive IMO. He's an odd one. He tends to move quicker with the ball than without it. It's usually the other way around.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Storey described Anderson's passing best. He plays the percentage passes.

I agree he could still go on to be brilliant though. Keeping fit is obviously the key.
No, he was refering to the way he always looks for the through ball. Even though it's often not on. Just because on the off chance it gets through it's then a brilliant pass.
Doesn't play the percentage pass then i think you mean.

JakeC

Genuinely not, especially before his injuries. and especially of short distances, he has very good acceleration.

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
I dont give a feck of what others said to you. They've got their opinion, Ive got mine. As I said before. I dont think that Ando is shite (let alone scum), in fact on his good day, he's world class. However he's injury prone and highly inconsistent.

BTW it was you who overreacted on my post, by answering to them with sarcasm. If you don't like my posts, pls dont reply to them.
Then dont comment on it if you dont give a feck. All I was saying was that it was ridiculous how easy it is for some of you to start the namecalling as soon as someone calls you up on a comment. All I've seen from you on this forum is complaining, so I called you up on it and in the very next post you started the namecalling and thus ending any argument we could've had about the player.

JakeC

I've always said that is his problem.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Huh? Yeh, that might be it. It's been a long day.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
Not particularly. Staying fit is one part of it. He actually has to perform as well and I'm not exactly holding my breath on that one.
But he does perform well, it's a bit of a cycle really. Run of games, playing well, injured. Never recaptures form.

feck knows what the deal is with him, but when he's playing well he shows every bit of the potential we saw in him. He probably has lost a bit of pace with the injuries, but his burst of acceleration with the ball is fantastic. One of the few players who will drive forward with the ball...attacks the space as some might say.

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
I've always said that is his problem.
The problem is that he's been doing it alot after coming back from injuries etc. He looks good at times, he can be an amazing passer on his day and he does indeed got a great burst of speed (though I wouldnt call him lightning quick :lol:). I think it's easy to hype Anderson and his ability amongst all of those who slate him and write him off. I think, as it usually is, the answer is pretty much in the middle between your and Robbie Keanes opinion of him.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Are you comparing him to Gibson? If you are, you should just leave, just. no. really?
No, not directly. All I'm saying is that you can't just takes some good passes and call him a good passer. He's shown glimpses at times, but he's nowhere near as good as Carrick when it comes to passing, and I won't even insult Scholes by comparing him to Anderson at all when it comes to passing.

Of course though, if Anderson can't produce the goods this season then while he's better than Gibson, he'll probably be regarded in the same way as him in 10-20 years time when fans look back.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
That's a bit much. There seems to be a case of people thinking he is better than he actually is due to him being out for so long, which leaves us with youtube videos of his great games as our only proper memory. He had great games, but he also has had numerous shite games. He's a good player, could be a great player, but until he stays injury-free for a more than a few months, we'll never be able to properly judge him.

JakeC

That's a bit much. There seems to be a case of people thinking he is better than he actually is due to him being out for so long, which leaves us with youtube videos of his great games as our only proper memory. He had great games, but he also has had numerous shite games. He's a good player, could be a great player, but until he stays injury-free for a more than a few months, we'll never be able to properly judge him.
I genuinely can't think of a really poor performance?

devilish

Then dont comment on it if you dont give a feck. All I was saying was that it was ridiculous how easy it is for some of you to start the namecalling as soon as someone calls you up on a comment. All I've seen from you on this forum is complaining, so I called you up on it and in the very next post you started the namecalling and thus ending any argument we could've had about the player.
I commented about Anderson, in a public thread which focused on the player. If you want to start a private 'war' with someone then move it to the PM. Dont expect others to keep track to your posts and post accordingly.

My post was balanced enough and didnt deserve your sarcasm, which was over the top and typical from a top red who cant accept any criticism/discussion towards any of our players. As I said before if you dont like my posts feel free not to answer to them. They were meant to the public and not to you specifically.

And I can assure you that I rate the team very much. We've got one of the most promising keepers in the world and an excellent defense, wingers and forward line. However, this thread focuses on Ando and so Ill have to discuss the player.

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
I'm not gonna continue this petty thing, devilish. If you have a problem with someone calling you out on your negativity, then feel free to call me top red all you like.

devilish

I'm not gonna continue this petty thing, devilish. If you have a problem with someone calling you out on your negativity, then feel free to call me top red all you like.
And there's no need to. In fact, I agreed with a post of yours since I believe that it gives a correct analysis of Ando. However it would do you good to learn how a forum works. Posts written on a public forum aren't specifically written for you unless you're quoted in them.

askabob

Aye if you play the percentage pass you're playing the one most likely to be executed successfully. That's what I've always taken it to mean anyway
Yes, for example, I consider Carrick as a player who usually goes for the percentage pass.

JakeC

And there's no need to. In fact, I agreed with a post of yours since I believe that it gives a correct analysis of Ando. However it would do you good to learn how a forum works. Posts written on a public forum aren't specifically written for you unless you're quoted in them.
Thats not strictly true, plus you presumed he was talking about you when he wasn't.

devilish

Thats not strictly true, plus you presumed he was talking about you when he wasn't.
If it quotes me, then its meant for me...period. I cant understand why I was placed in the same bag of someone who said that Ando is scum, when, actually I disagree with this argument. Actually I agree more with Burrow on his assessment about Ando then this guy.

Anyway its water under the bridge for me.

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
If it quotes me, then its meant for me...period. I cant understand why I was placed in the same bag of someone who said that Ando is scum, when, actually I disagree with this argument. Actually I agree more with Burrow on his assessment about Ando then this guy.
Because both of you was going straight for the namecalling rather then argue your case. But just leave it be, it's no point continuing this argument as it's just a silly one.

My apologies for taking the thread offtopic.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Pretty much every away game he played in 10/11 season (on the other hand was excellent at OT). Last year was rubbish against Chelsea and Norwich at home (despite scoring).
That Norwich game gave me a lot of hope for the lad. He was having a poor game (every fecker was) but he kept going and got a goal and went fecking ballistic. Is that the one where he punched the corner flag? I was sitting quite near him and his face just looked like he was engulfed in rage/happiness.

I liked that game a lot.

Fergie's gum

I've officially given up hope on this one. Not saying he won't become a good player, I just don't see him becoming that with us. It's like he missed a step in his development, and is now out of his depth, with no chance of realizing his potential

Status
Not open for further replies.