André Onana | Officially a Red! | #24

criticalanalysis

The midfielders will be even more surprised in hearing "keeper's ball"
Casemiro is on the edge of the opposition penalty box anticipating a clearance after an attack, he senses a ball of energy and someone rushing towards him over his shoulder and then he hears 'ANDRE'S BALLLLL'. Onana pushes the Brazilian aside, proceeds to intercept the clearance and unleashes a right footed rocket into the top corner :drool:

Okey

Surely his chant whenever he does something praiseworthy should be a hearty "na na na na na na na na na na, Andre Onana, Onana, Andre Onana..." on repeat, to the tune of KC and the Sunshine Band's "Give It Up".
So excited for this game-changing signing.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Glad its not number 1 he chose. Make your own legacy. Feck standarized numbers. Theyre just numbers.

Stookie

Nurse bell end
Got to admit. I don’t know much about him or have seen much of him. But reading some of the cafs reactions on here I’m excited to see him play. Welcome fella.

stu_1992

Welcome Onana! Gonna be a huge culture shock for the team and honestly for us as fans to see a goalkeeper with such a radically different style. I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do for us and just hope he has a solid first few games, otherwise the pressure will be right on him.

The fact he's not number 1 triggers me on a deep level though. :lol:

Teja

Lb 5? You mean 3?
Hah you're right - I've always named my defenders this way in various video games starting from the early football manager days and it's so strange to see the real world disagrees.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
An exciting addition that will keep the OT crowd on there feet… with nerves :lol:

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Why are people being so preemptively apologetic about him? Good bad ugly, he is our keeper now. Nothing else matters. How he turns out time will tell. It's not easy to find THE right goalie. We are a club who had Gouw, Bosnich, Barthez, Carrol, Howard etc in goal. Let's enjoy his performances.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
He's going to be class. I'm calling it now. Big pete part two with all the craziness. So happy we finally don't have a meek goalkeeper but one who can command his area.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
"The game has moved on and De Gea has been left behind in that regard but if he represents an analogue age, Onana is at the forefront of the digital movement"

I bet he is a BTC holder and owns tech startups as well. What a mad lad.
Onana, The Digital Transformer. All his interviews will be conducted through NanaChatGPT

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Still unconvinced by him as a GK, hopefully he can prove me wrong.

Unam333

If no. 24 gives him power and confidence like Samson then I'm all for it.

Champ

How come?
Are you convinced by him as some other position?
:lol:
No, I just don't rate him that highly as a GK.

I fear this will be our Kepa moment, where near enough every shot turns into a goal.

As I say, I really hope I'm proved wrong.

Strelok

Tbh I don't get the fuss about his number. Usually clubs would give a player his prefered #. Onana wants the #24 so we gave him that. We should care about what he'd do on the field not the number on his shirt. It's just a number ffs.

erikcred

I fear this will be our Kepa moment, where near enough every shot turns into a goal.

Don't worry he'll help us outscore the opponent anyway.

Real Name

Oh come on, he's not that bad at shot stopping. It's really a hyperbole....

Manncunian

Call me old fashioned, but your number 1 should be your number 1 if the number 1 is available.
It doesn’t make a scrap of difference to the player’s ability, so what the feck does it matter :lol:? Actually, it perhaps does. If a player has a preference then it’s always best to give them their number, even just for the psychological impact (could be a good luck omen etc).

The obsession with shirt numbers here is mind boggling.

Champ

Oh come on, he's not that bad at shot stopping. It's really a hyperbole....
Whilst maybe bringing Kepa into the equation might be over egging the pudding, there are numerous goals that Inter conceded whereby Onana should have saved.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
The number thing has been a disaster this season so far, it is inexcusable. Glazers out!