Andre | Fluminense

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I think he’d be the right profile of midfielder that we need.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
He was heavily linked with Liverpool all summer. Feels like out name is being used to speed up a Liverpool move

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

Jac tabolt is a known bullshitter. He may even be banned from the transfer tweets thread.

The_Midfielder

Just buy 10 midfielders aged 20/22 from Brazil worth 30M each
If 2 of them come good..we are set ..

wr8_utd

:'(
Another one that's going to end up at City/Liverpool/Brighton and we'll have threads with tweets from November 2023 showing we were interested in this kid but refused to make a move.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Yet another one that won't ever happen, got Portuguese league written all over this one.

Please stay away.

SparkedIntoLife

He’s incredibly highly rated amongst Brazilian fans. He doesn’t look amazing to me, if I’m being honest, but I’m wrong about players a lot. I much prefer Danilo from Forest but he’d cost a fortune.

Buying directly from Brazil is a risk but one historically worth taking. There’s a few very interesting prospects atm - Beraldo, Luis Guilherme, Lorran, Gabriel Mec and maybe most promising is Estevao who’s being hyped up to comparable levels to Endrick.

In terms of a DM, I appreciate the creative option that Andre seems to represent. I mentioned that I prefer Danilo but he appears more of a destroyer as a DM. I get why we want more of a creative player but we seem to lack some physicality and Andre, albeit stocky, doesn’t really add to that. Zubimendi of Sociedad might be a good mix of passing ability and physical strength so he would be ideal but allegedly he has no interest in leaving his hometown club Sociedad (who are doing really well this year).

Rake

Yeah, we are heading for a regime change but we are making offers on players... This journo seems to be a BS merchant.

RVN1991

He'll probably end up getting snapped up by Liverpool like Gakpo was this time last year.

SAF is the GOAT

1 of the comments there say that this source is tier 1 for the club he's playing for(Fluminense)

Teja

We have no money to spend, takeover is in-progress, it'll take time for Ratcliffe to get his people in. I don't think we'll be signing anyone this Jan bar some freak injury crisis / Weghorst type situation.

Sounds like the agent is using our name to drum up interest.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
What sort of player he is? The clips are all over the place in terms of clarity, the standard and his quality. Knowing us it’ll be an all action midfielder with a lack of genuine technical class.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I just watched 8 mins of his footage, can't remember what he does, so I guess he is not particularly impressive to me. Maybe its just that his style isn't flashy and he doesn't seem to stand out in anything particular.

JeffFromHK

His Fbref profile is highly similar to Armabat for me. Tones of accurate short passes but nothing else.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Some slight shades of Iniesta in the way he can manipulate the ball and get past people.

Whether he can do that consistently rather than just in highlight compilations is of course a different matter, but cool to see.

Bwuk

I’ve never seen him play, but from clips looks a bit like Bruno G?

didz

He was very good in the chaos that was the Libertadores final. Plays on the turn, great dribbler, very agile, and very good at evading pressure. If we're looking for a first phase midfielder, it would be weird if his name hadn't cropped up.

We have no money to spend, takeover is in-progress, it'll take time for Ratcliffe to get his people in. I don't think we'll be signing anyone this Jan bar some freak injury crisis / Weghorst type situation.

To the bolded, I really don't think that would be necessary at this point. To the rest, you're probably right, sadly.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

Yep agreed, said the same myself in a similar thread. That’s why im not getting excited at the thought of any signings

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
Obviously difficult to tell by compilations. But seems to have limited range of passing and the dribbling is too loose.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Very nice looking fbref profile (deep touches, constant involvement, pass success and progression, high number of carries and progression through that) and at 22 years old, is the perfect age profile. Swapping Varane and Case for Andre and Todibo would be a very smart long term move, considering the time it'll take for us to actually be good.

Andersons Dietician

How can there be a transfer speculation thread without any YouTube videos? The modern Muppet just isn’t at the standard of the old guard.

NZT-One

I think, his name is around since quite some time. Pretty sure he was mentioned on Tifo IR-L videos about us as well. He isn't a DM though he was described as combatitive and likes to be stuck in but certainly not like Casemiro. On the ball he was described as very modern, quick feet, very good passing, good passing range. Back then, he was talked about with a 25 million price tag.

I'd be all in for that. But the price is important given that he is pretty close to Mainoo skillset wise. And while it certainly is good to have players who can replace each other I think adding a more physical option would be more important.

Yet another one that won't ever happen, got Portuguese league written all over this one.

Please stay away.
Yeah, just try to be safe and offer 400-500 Million for Bellingham and Camavinga instead. Way safer. What could go wrong.