g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Andrea Belotti

Status
Not open for further replies.

ROFLUTION

I'm judging a goalscorer on the goals he scores. Ridiculous idea that.

I don't disagree he has good movement, or scores goals. All I said was the reason why he's being classed as a poacher is because the majority of the goals he scores are poached inside the box. This inherently isn't a bad thing, look at Inzaghi.

But is this the type of player we need? That's the question.
Belotti is not just a poacher. Works hard and part of his game is to drop down and receive the ball with his physique. Totally a Mourinho player.. Drogba/Zlatan type

Murder on Zidanes Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Belotti is not just a poacher. Works hard and part of his game is to drop down and receive the ball with his physique. Totally a Mourinho player.. Drogba/Zlatan type
Fair comment, looking at him I personally didn't think he looked that big...

Tosicsleftpeg

If we can't get Lukaku I want this guy he is the ultimate poacher, pretty much all of his goals are him getting on the end of crap speculative crosses and nodding it in or volleying the bejesus out of it.

el3mel

Exactly what I was expecting to see. This guy without chances created for him can do nothing at all to affect the game. He's 100% dependent on the players around him.

This kind of strikers is only good on the bench to put at the last 15 minutes when you want to press the opponent more. not to be your main striker imho.

At his price, we should stay away from him.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Italian strikers who played recently in EPL:
- Mario Balotelli
- Manolo Gabbiadini
- Graziano Pellè
- Simone Zaza
- Alberto Paloschi
- Stefano Okaka
No one successful, but frankly only about Balotelli there were great expectations.

EPL teams didnt buy many CF from Serie A, in recent years I remember only Stevan Jovetic
Dzeko

pensionator

Supports
Juventus
They want more from clubs outside Italy, think his release clause.
The "foreign clubs only" release clause trend started after we triggered Higuain's clause.
It's just a precautionary measure to avoid that an Italian team buys him, it has nothing to do with higher price for foreigners.

Indeed Cairo (Torino's owner) would be more than willing to sell him abroad rather than to Milan.

izec

The "foreign clubs only" release clause trend started after we triggered Higuain's clause.
It's just a precautionary measure to avoid that an Italian team buys him.

Indeed Cairo (Torino's owner) would be more than willing to sell him abroad rather than to Milan.
I would be happy if we could get him for a decent price if Real are stubborn with the Morata price

pensionator

Supports
Juventus
I would be happy if we could get him for a decent price if Real are stubborn with the Morata price
I don't see him leaving Torino for less than 80mln (euros).
These are the reference prices that the Premier has recently set unfortunately.

Main striker of the national team, best Italian prospect and great player in absolute terms. Further it's his second good season.
If he leaves now he's going to be paid as a top player

United Pro

The foreign club can pay more. If Milan offers 60m and United the same, yes. United can offer more
Yeah sure some foreign clubs can pay more than Milan, but the way you worded it made it sound like you were suggesting that Torino were specifically asking less for other Italian clubs, which doesn't make much sense. The release clause only applies to foreign clubs, but Torino would surely preferably sell to a foreign club. So even if they initially ask for his release clause (which no one is obviously going to pay), they'll drop the fee and eventually sell for a lot less. If anything it's in Torino's best interest to keep these foreign clubs interested, as like you said they have more money.

Vashu

Predicted Sanchez's signing announcement
His contract unfortunately runs out in 2021 so it could be really hard to bargain over the price in this window.

davidmichael

Apparently Belotti is Milan's first choice striker target as they've kind of given up on Morata which says maybe Morata wants to join us if we can agree a price with Real ?

Also seen in a few places that Real want Donnarumma so hopefully that's the case and any deal for us for Morata is De Gea-less, never been a fan of signing players from Italy as apart from Zola I can't think of any Italian players that have done well over here as it's such a different style and pace.

So you looked at a goals compilation and decided on his qualities as a player?

A striker needs game intelligence and contribution off the ball. Game intelligence is to get into good positions and bring others into play that are in better positions. Contribution off the ball is to provide a good shape to the team and defend from the front.

Anyone that says he is a poacher knows nothing about Belotti, he is an all round center forward. Criticizing a STRIKER for scoring most of his goals in the box is ludicrous.
Well here's something we can agree on.

Nedved

Italian strikers who played recently in EPL:
- Mario Balotelli
- Manolo Gabbiadini
- Graziano Pellè
- Simone Zaza
- Alberto Paloschi
- Stefano Okaka
No one successful, but frankly only about Balotelli there were great expectations.

EPL teams didnt buy many CF from Serie A, in recent years I remember only Stevan Jovetic
Not one of those has ever been close to being top scorer in the Serie A. Very weird list of forwards to be calling unsuccessful. Only Balotelli and Jovetic have been sort of pricey, the rest came on the cheap.

Gabbiadini has been better and more efficient for Southampton than he has ever been in the Serie A. Talented forward who never managed to be more than a decent player on the Napoli bench.

Balotelli is crazy and his talent has never been in doubt for City, Inter nor Milan - only his attitude. Scoring for fun in France.

Jovetic didn't work out at Inter either after his City spell. Fitness is clearly the issue here, not ability to adapt.

Pellè has been way more successful in England than he ever was in Italy. His stats are atrocious in his home country, but he was good in England.

Zaza is a good midtable striker but just didn't work out for a struggling West Ham in his 6-month loan spell. Doing well at Valencia now, scoring against Real Madrid among others.

Paloschi was an odd Guidolin purchase. Poor man's Zaza and has never accomplished anything interesting in Italy. 10 goal per season striker for relegation battling sides at best.

Okaka - see Paloschi.

Nadzri

Would love to have Belotti here. Have everything a traditional centre forward should have with speed and hardwork. Between Morata and Belotti, I would prefer Belotti as i felt Morata can be invisible in a game when his team is not dominating the game and Belotti would be chasing and readily available whenever an opportunity arises.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Exactly what I was expecting to see. This guy without chances created for him can do nothing at all to affect the game. He's 100% dependent on the players around him.
Just like every other player in the world bar Messi going full Sun God

Arthur Friedenreich

The word "poacher" its probably the most annoying term in English.
What does that s even mean??
Someone who can score a lot and you can't understand why?
TO KNOW HOW TO FIND SPACES in the modern game is more important than the overall ability, when we talk about CFs.

With the current tactics you need your defensive line being good in possession to avoid the high pressing.
The midfield is overpopulated, than you need the skilful players there too.
But in the front three, pace, power, phisicality, natural instinct to find spaces is as important as technical talent.

This is why i dont get why people keep talking about how "we can't win the CL with guys like Belotti or Lukaku".
Bayern can't win it with Lewandowski.

Devil may care

If we were willing to offer that for him then why wouldn't we have offered it for Morata who is far more proven, it feels like we might be trying to force Real's hand.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Love the idea of a back up striker who is a poacher.

Basically replacement for Hernandez

But those prices seem feckin crazy

Womp

idiot
If we were willing to offer that for him then why wouldn't we have offered it for Morata who is far more proven, it feels like we might be trying to force Real's hand.
I'm genuinely of the opinion that not a single journo knows what the feck we're doing, they're all guessing.

Status
Not open for further replies.