Andrea Belotti

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donut

Are Torino really in a position to reject something around 50 million?

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Huge difference between playing for a club like Torino and Juventus and Madrid. Morata has 35 CL appearances too.
As a reserve. He was never deemed good enough to lead the line on a regular basis

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
As a reserve. He was never deemed good enough to lead the line on a regular basis
He played 9 games in Juventus' final run in the CL. He started it. He was more than a 'reserve'. Think more important squad player.

devilish

He played 9 games in Juventus' final run in the CL. He started it. He was more than a 'reserve'. Think more important squad player.
He's still a squad player though.

I have nothing against Morata. He's got great movement and technique. However he's also a player who rely alot on confidence. If things start getting wrong for him, he'll suffer

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He's still a squad player though.

I have nothing against Morata. He's got great movement and technique. However he's also a player who rely alot on confidence. If things start getting wrong for him, he'll suffer
And you don't think the same will happen to 18 month Belotti who has never stepped out of Italy for a club football game?

devilish

And you don't think the same will happen to 18 month Belotti who has never stepped out of Italy for a club football game?
That's the thing he always stepped up wherever he went. Anyone who had the priviledge to work with the guy say that Belotti = high work rate, high physicality and goals. That's what he did at Albinoleffe, at Palermo (when given the opportunity) and at Torino. That's what he did with Italy U19, U20, U21 and the senior squad. If we take the approach that experience at small clubs = no experience at all then we would have never signed Ronaldo, Rooney, Ole, Cole, Saha and RVN.

Considering that both have flaws in terms of experience, in my opinion, we need to focus more on characteristics rather then on experience. What do we want? Do we want a player with great technique, who is comfortable in playing in different positions? Or do we need a hardworking goalpoacher, a bit like good old Hughes but with better finishing?

Last edited:

TsuWave

really don't want this guy, these poacher type strikers have a short expiry date in today's game, yes we need goals but we should be looking at players with technical ability, morata, laca, hell, even heavy first touch lukaku looks better than this guy. hopefully, this doesn't happen, especially for the quoted fees.

Lowkey

after the names we have been linked with, will be a real disappointment if we end up getting this lad

Faetheshire86

Didn't they reject a bit of £56m for him earlier in the year?

I really like the look of Belotti, I much prefer his 'tools' to Morata. The money quoted for both is insane, but if it's a straight pick between the two then I would take the former. He reminds me of a young Vieri? But I also see shades of van Nistelrooy in the way he carries the ball, deceptively quick.

devilish

He looks like an incredibly limited target man. Like a Benteke type. We seriously don't need him, at all.
Not according to the likes of Capello. But hey, everyone is entitled to an opinion

devilish

The same Capello that thought Andy Carroll was a very good player and a future mainstay of the England team? he's already proven that he has a fondness for technically limited strikers like.
Its not just him but every single manager or coach who worked with Belotti. But hey who cares about their experience when you can rely on youtube?

Murder on Zidanes Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Saying that he's a glorified goal poacher is a bit lazy tbh. He won't dribble past an entire defense but his movement is top notch, he's quite physical and his workrate is young Rooney's level. In Italy they are likening him with a young Vialli who was basically a Mark Hughes with better finishing skills
That comparison doesn't exactly get my pant wet

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I expect we'll already have asked them. All reports suggest that they want €100m (£87m), they'll probably have told us the same.
Didn't they reject a bit of £56m for him earlier in the year?
Directors at Italian clubs are absolute bullsh*t merchants. They're just trying to drive up his price. No one will ever pay 100m euros for him - that got you Gareth Bale not long ago. The bid was also denied by Arsenal, so it's just up to who you believe. I can't see Arsenal bidding £56m when they wouldn't pay more than £30m for Suarez

MUFC OK

Looks very limited from what I've seen, a 6 yard box poacher/finisher and doesnt get his head up enough. Can see him flopping, possible next falcao if he joins.. :rolleyes:

dakingpin1999

Instead of this guy and spending 85m on him utd might as well get chicarito back to poach goals for a season or two

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Instead of this guy and spending 85m on him utd might as well get chicarito back to poach goals for a season or two
It's possible that this guy's a hell of a lot better. He's getting a lot of praise from various football people.

shield

I think he is the only one available who fits the Mourinho mould for a striker. Strong, can hold up the ball well, can bring others into play. If we get him then we can mix up things with Rashford, using Rashford in matches where raw pace and quick movement is needed.

Will be a bit overpriced but he is just about to make the next step up, is attainable and will solve our striker issues for quite a few years. Still have my doubts over him but if we are looking to bring in a striker this year then he may be the only worthwhile option for us at the moment.

Last edited:

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
Let's be honest, we worry because the last Torino purchase we made hasn't set the world alight, so you fear the same again, as well as a few italians not looking as good abroad as they have done in their own league, if you were Torino though, you'd presumeably rather sell him abroad to United, than to Milan or worse, have Juve sniffing about in another year or two.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Since when did Belotti become a poacher???

He is a dynamic center forward, fantastic work rate and a goal scoring instinct, good hold-up play.

Is it fashionable to criticize Strikers for getting into good positions by calling them poachers now?

Murder on Zidanes Floor

Since when did Belotti become a poacher???

He is a dynamic center forward, fantastic work rate and a goal scoring instinct, good hold-up play.

Is it fashionable to criticize Strikers for getting into good positions by calling them poachers now?
I think it's more the vast majority of his goals are scrappy and or within 8 yards of goal. Looks limited when it comes to touch, hold up play etc.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
I think it's more the vast majority of his goals are scrappy and or within 8 yards of goal. Looks limited when it comes to touch, hold up play etc.
So you looked at a goals compilation and decided on his qualities as a player?

A striker needs game intelligence and contribution off the ball. Game intelligence is to get into good positions and bring others into play that are in better positions. Contribution off the ball is to provide a good shape to the team and defend from the front.

Anyone that says he is a poacher knows nothing about Belotti, he is an all round center forward. Criticizing a STRIKER for scoring most of his goals in the box is ludicrous.

Murder on Zidanes Floor

So you looked at a goals compilation and decided on his qualities as a player?

A striker needs game intelligence and contribution off the ball. Game intelligence is to get into good positions and bring others into play that are in better positions. Contribution off the ball is to provide a good shape to the team and defend from the front.

Anyone that says he is a poacher knows nothing about Belotti, he is an all round center forward. Criticizing a STRIKER for scoring most of his goals in the box is ludicrous.
I'm judging a goalscorer on the goals he scores. Ridiculous idea that.

I don't disagree he has good movement, or scores goals. All I said was the reason why he's being classed as a poacher is because the majority of the goals he scores are poached inside the box. This inherently isn't a bad thing, look at Inzaghi.

But is this the type of player we need? That's the question.

Status
Not open for further replies.