g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Andrea Belotti

Status
Not open for further replies.

izec

Italian strikers who played recently in EPL:
- Mario Balotelli
- Manolo Gabbiadini
- Graziano Pellè
- Simone Zaza
- Alberto Paloschi
- Stefano Okaka
No one successful, but frankly only about Balotelli there were great expectations.

EPL teams didnt buy many CF from Serie A, in recent years I remember only Stevan Jovetic
Jovetic was injury prone, but he started decently. The first 3 did alright, the last 3 barely played? I dont remember them really playing in the EPL. If you look at Belotti's numbers and style, it could be a good transfer.

RedStarUnited

Jovetic was injury prone, but he started decently. The first 3 did alright, the last 3 barely played? I dont remember them really playing in the EPL. If you look at Belotti's numbers and style, it could be a good transfer.
at 100m euros? If this was a 30-40 deal no one would really question it that much. But they supposedly want a fee close to a world record for this guy.

izec

at 100m euros? If this was a 30-40 deal no one would really question it that much. But they supposedly want a fee close to a world record for this guy.
Obviously not for 100m, but something more reasonable, where both parties could live with it

Yagami

Good post resistant
I've watched a little bit of Serie A this past season but haven't caught any Torino matches. From what I've read about him, and seen from YouTube videos, he reminds me a bit of Tevez.

Would that be a fair comparison? @devilish @Bepi @::sonny:: @giorno @JuveGER

Yagami

Good post resistant
I'm obviously not one of the people you tagged but from what I've seen of him Tevez is a good comparison.
I only tagged those that I believe watch Series A on a regular basis, but anyone who's seen him is welcome to answer.

If he is like Tevez then I'm all for this guy.

B&Wandmore

Supports
juventus
he has had a phenomenal season and shown great qualities but it is really his first at this level. Besides this year has been sort of a freak season with 6 strikers to go over 20 goal mark due to worse defences and 5 teams that were really poor and conceded a lot.

I would not particularly worry about hie ability to adapt to the PL, because his style of play and physical strength, but there is no way that he is worth 100 mln euro. A fair price would be less than half that plus bonuses.

WPMUFC

He should be way down the list. Lukaku has the PL experience and goals, lacazette has multiple seasons of 20+ goals, Morata is a pen stroke away from AC Milan and Griezmann is off.

1. Lukaku
2. Lacazette
3. Belotti

at the very best, he should be 3rd choice.

Arthur Friedenreich

I'm obviously not one of the people you tagged but from what I've seen of him Tevez is a good comparison.
Is not a good comparison.
Tevez, with all his pressing and hard work, was/is a very skilful player, with great control even under pressure.
Belotti is not so technically gifted.

I'm not saying that Belotti is average, because he would be my first choice as CF, but he's not similar to Tevez at all.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I've watched a little bit of Serie A this past season but haven't caught any Torino matches. From what I've read about him, and seen from YouTube videos, he reminds me a bit of Tevez.

I posted an interesting post few days back with quotes from people who developed him or watched him play

::sonny::

I like technical gifted player and he is not, still raw with passing, vision, control of the ball

I think he looks like Immobile

I think in England could be considered as a mix between Kane and Okazaki

Torino want 100 million, I would wait another season and see his development

WPMUFC

I like technical gifted player and he is not, still raw with passing, vision, control of the ball
my issue as well. We are developing martial and rashford. Last season every stat metric except finishing improved. I don't want to develop another striker, i want a finished product.

::sonny::

my issue as well. We are developing martial and rashford. Last season every stat metric except finishing improved. I don't want to develop another striker, i want a finished product.
Agreed, and the targets (Griezmann, Perisic, James Rodriguez, Lukaku) suggest that the club think the same

WPMUFC

Agreed, and the targets (Griezmann, Perisic, James Rodriguez, Lukaku) suggest that the club think the same
agree. I mean i'd happily take Belotti if we can't get anyone else, but if I was to be looking at creating a list, lukaku and lacazette are ahead of belotti. I agree with you 100%, I think he needs another season, too many strikers are one season wonders, he needs to reproduce his form and build in other areas.

Especially at his price, not worth the risk this season.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid

Wouldn't say he's raw at all. His control, touch, movement and passing are all good, just not great

Agree about the price thing. For united, Lukaku would be the safest bet, but between Belotti and Lacazette i'd take Belotti every time

Crimson King

Wouldn't say he's raw at all. His control, touch, movement and passing are all good, just not great

Agree about the price thing. For united, Lukaku would be the safest bet, but between Belotti and Lacazette i'd take Belotti every time
My main issue with Lacazette is that he's about 5'9...he really doesn't suit the way we play at the moment, unfortunately.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Is not a good comparison.
Tevez, with all his pressing and hard work, was/is a very skilful player, with great control even under pressure.
Belotti is not so technically gifted.

I'm not saying that Belotti is average, because he would be my first choice as CF, but he's not similar to Tevez at all.
Oh, don't get me wrong, I don't think Tevez was just a workhorse - I know first hand how technically gifted he is/was. It's just, from the little I've read/seen, he's obviously a hard working forward á la Tevez but I've seen his technique praised as well(compared to Batistuta from Capello) which is similar to Tevez.

I posted an interesting post few days back with quotes from people who developed him or watched him play
I know; I read it! It was one of the things that prompted me to ask about this comparison. It was a good read, thanks.

So you as well don't really see him as a similar player to Tevez?

Thanks for the reply.

Ibi Dreams

Judge him on the type of goals he scores. Seems like a glorified poacher.
Not necessarily a bad thing given that what we most lack up front is good finishing and good movement to get on the end of crosses. If he could be like a bigger, stronger Chicharito then he'd be a good signing. But that alone likely wouldn't transform our team, we need our other attackers to be better too.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus

If you can't have Lewandowski, any other target man is a risk. Belotti is way below Tevez's level, he is marginally better than Immobile and Gabbiadini, not sure he would score a lot in the PL. If you need a finisher from Serie A, you should go for Dzeko or place a shrewd bet on Milik imho.

DoubleRevv

My main issue with Lacazette is that he's about 5'9...he really doesn't suit the way we play at the moment, unfortunately.
Seeing that the way we've played is only just better than cr*p, we need to get someone who helps our style evolve. Lacazette will create goals for others, will defend from the front and score too. He reminds me of Saha at his best (without the injuries) - Lacazette is more mobile so expect fluid football if we play to his strength.

Belotti has had one good season and people talk about him like he is the best thing since sliced bread. If we get Lacazette it would be a great situation of us "lucking into" something. Belotti is such a huge gamble I wouldn't go anywhere near him.

Trizy

Meh. If this lad and Lukaku is the best we can do with £100million then we're in for another shite league seaon.

£100m would get us Kane.

Zii

Rather we sign this guy then The french defoe

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Meh. If this lad and Lukaku is the best we can do with £100million then we're in for another shite league seaon.

£100m would get us Kane.
I don't know that much about Belotti but I'd rather us go through a season of transition developing what we have and take some cheap punts and maybe sign younger players, than blow our load on overrated players for obsene prices.

ReallyUSA

Lacazette is off, Griezman is off.. I think its time we get in for belotti. If we can get a real winger in, we can have Martial and Rashford play up front

SATA

This guy absolutely thrives on service. Him and James as our two attacking signings should do us good in my opinion

Adnandos

Hasnt Gabbiadini been incredible for Saints so far? Pelle was good considering how limited he is. Balotelli was good too, attitude was his problem. Jovetic was good too, not getting consistent playtime was his issue.

Will Singh

£100m would get us Kane.
I'd also like us to go for Kane if the other 2 are going for £100m. I'm really surprised we haven't been heavily linked with him so far especially after they were all saying #9 is a priority!

Yagami

Good post resistant
If you can't have Lewandowski, any other target man is a risk. Belotti is way below Tevez's level, he is marginally better than Immobile and Gabbiadini, not sure he would score a lot in the PL. If you need a finisher from Serie A, you should go for Dzeko or place a shrewd bet on Milik imho.
Thanks for the reply.

I've been a fan of Milik's for a few years now and would love him here. I was actually excited to see how he'd do at Napoli but, since returning from injury, he's had trouble getting back in due to Merten's incredible form. That would probably work in our favour if we were to go for him (plus he's a Utd fan) but due to his lack of playing time recently it'd be quite the risky transfer.

I'd be all for him, though, but I don't think it'd be the best of times to sign him despite being a fan myself.

Trizy

I'd also like us to go for Kane if the other 2 are going for £100m. I'm really surprised we haven't been heavily linked with him so far especially after they were all saying #9 is a priority!
Especially when he's proven 25+ goal a season , English, young And one of the best finishers in the world.

Surely he ticks all the box's. Strange were not linked.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Hasnt Gabbiadini been incredible for Saints so far? Pelle was good considering how limited he is. Balotelli was good too, attitude was his problem. Jovetic was good too, not getting consistent playtime was his issue.
Wouldn't say incredible, few good performances including the the LC. Balotelli was never good. Jovetic was a crock.

I'm certainly not convinced that we should even consider Belotti over Lukaku.

Status
Not open for further replies.