Andreas Pereira | 2014/15 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Looking good so far v MK Dons.. already better than Cleverley.

Crashoutcassius

Looks enthusiastic which is more than we can say for a certain mr powell. Clearly talented. Been awful too many times for u21s but maybe he would step up really well, like januzaj

LR7

Been the one bright light tonight, for me.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Looks like we found the next Scholesy.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Watch that Lucas silva vid and watch this kid play.. similar. This boy can play, we need to push him into the first team squad.

Crashoutcassius

Wow played really well the last 20 mins, I know it's just MK dons but kept the ball better than several experienced players and pinged some nice long passes. I liked him a lot

FromTheBench

Why did LVG even shift Pereira deeper with a tired Anderson while keeping Cheech ?

We crumbled from that point once he had to play midfield alone.

Were building some momentum with him as AM as well.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Not a surprise he and Wilson looked the best tonight. Probably the most talented - and likely to break through - of the youth team.

Redo91

Needs to be in the squad on Saturday. Already better than all our CM's besides Herrera and he is only 18.

Ekeke

Some fairly good moments, a decent cameo. Showed he should be more in contention to get a game in CM than Powell or Anderson

JackXX

Yep thought for a while he is one of the few youngsters with the required quality. One of the few bright sparks.

Dan_F

Played alright but needs to be along side a defensive midfielder...Not Anderson.

Parma Dewol

It was nice to see Pereira and Wilson get on the pitch tonight, they were the only highlights in an otherwise dire night for the club.

Says something about their character to come on in that scenario and still put in a good performance.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I said the kid is ready before. Impressive today. He just gave me the impression that although he wasn't always great in the 21s, he would be in the first team.

Hope to see more of him, better at football than the likes of Cleverley easily.

Dazzmondo

Thought he did very well. Made a few mistakes, but he never stopped fighting and looked the only player capable of creating something. Wilson did very well also. Vermijl did well enough, but I'm not going to praise a defender when we've conceded 4 goals even though you could really only attribute the 3rd goal to him. The rest were beyond terrible. I hope Pereira and Wilson get rewarded for their displays because they genuinely tried their best out there. A place on the bench against Burnley would be a great moment for both I'm sure.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Our best reserve prospect alongwith Wilson. Really reminds me of Gundogan for some reason. :D

SambaBoy

Looks good this kid, main thing is he's positive, always looking to play an incisive pass or take someone one unlike most of our midfielders who are just static and can't pass.

He should be loaned out if he's not given games here but with our injuries problems and lack of talent in CM, I don't see why he shouldn't be getting minutes. Maybe a kneejerk but surely he can't be worse than Cleverely/Anderson and possibly even Fellaini?

acnumber9

Looks good this kid, main thing is he's positive, always looking to play an incisive pass or take someone one unlike most of our midfielders who are just static and can't pass.

He should be loaned out if he's not given games here but with our injuries problems and lack of talent in CM, I don't see why he shouldn't be getting minutes. Maybe a kneejerk but surely he can't be worse than Cleverely/Anderson and possibly even Fellaini?
Depends where you want him to play really. He was soft as shit on the fourth goal so central midfield looks a little beyond him at the minute. He was good on the ball though.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Played alright but needs to be along side a defensive midfielder...Not Anderson.
He needs to be along side a lot of things he wasn't tonight.

Was a bit worried he'd be slow to step up like he was to the U21s but he did great today or as good as he really could be out there. Was covering ground, pressing high, tracking deep, putting in some physical challenges and was the only one trying to push the game. Unfortunately for him he was practically out there on his own. Give the lad some more minutes.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Thought he did very well. Made a few mistakes, but he never stopped fighting and looked the only player capable of creating something. Wilson did very well also. Vermijl did well enough, but I'm not going to praise a defender when we've conceded 4 goals even though you could really only attribute the 3rd goal to him. The rest were beyond terrible. I hope Pereira and Wilson get rewarded for their displays because they genuinely tried their best out there. A place on the bench against Burnley would be a great moment for both I'm sure.
Burney are better than MK Dons so I wouldn't get too excited by him just yet. We are desperately short of experience in midfield so chucking in a good prospect may be more damaging than you think

legball

Not surprised as I've seen quite a lot of him in the junior teams, he's special.

In Rainbows

He played well today. He needs to start playing more in midfield instead of a #10, but can't because Pearson and Rothwell have the midfield locked up.

JmRssll555

He made some nice passes but also gave the ball away cheaply far too frequently. Clearly talented, but I don't think he's ready for a starting spot in the first team at the moment.

saivet

Him and Wilson - the only players to take any sort of credit from today.

Dazzmondo

Burney are better than MK Dons so I wouldn't get too excited by him just yet. We are desperately short of experience in midfield so chucking in a good prospect may be more damaging than you think
Not saying to start him or even bring him on, but even being in the squad at such a young age would be a great experience. Not like we have too many subs in midfield anyway.

Crashoutcassius

Can we just scrap everything and start again with Januzaj Welbeck Wilson up front terrifying people, let them gel for 3 years while we finished mid table and then just win the CL

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I like the way he moves the ball, and isn't scared to shoot or penetrate with a pass. He deserves more time in the future, looked head and shoulders over Anderson anyway.

kundalini

He made some nice passes but also gave the ball away cheaply far too frequently. Clearly talented, but I don't think he's ready for a starting spot in the first team at the moment.
I tend to agree with this. I counted 3 good moments and 3 errors; one of which was deep in our half. Impressive performance but looks high risk if expected to play centre midfield in the PL this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.