Andreas Pereira image 15

Andreas Pereira Brazil flag

2017-18 Performances

View full 2017-18 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ban

Good news. Pereira should get the chance to show what he can do.

We should look at the potential departure of first teamers as a chance for the kids. They will never play if we just buy in from outside.

I go back to my scepticism over signing Lindelof or Keane. What has either done that Tuanzebe couldn't have got a go? If we had signed Bonnuci that'd be one thing. However, we didn't.

People are saying if we sell Fellaini we need to buy two midfielders, my question is why? We have young players with tons of potential. If there was an opportunity to get Modric, sure. However, the FM legends are saying we should go for Renato Sanches. :rolleyes: It's like some people just pick out players that look good on video games and get hot for them. I can't see a single reason why Sanches deserves more of a go at Old Trafford than Pereira.
Trying out Tuanzebe or TFM in midfield is just not enough and it's risky. We need at least one more midfielder, together with giving Andreas minutes.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Trying out Tuanzebe or TFM in midfield is just not enough and it's risky. We need at least one more midfielder, together with giving Andreas minutes.
Who said I wanted to play Tuanzebe in midfield? I said I see little point in buying okay players for positions where we have real potential coming through.

PS) Timbo has played in midfield as much a defence at youth level. He could easily play there in a pinch.

izec

Good news. Pereira should get the chance to show what he can do.

We should look at the potential departure of first teamers as a chance for the kids. They will never play if we just buy in from outside.

I go back to my scepticism over signing Lindelof or Keane. What has either done that Tuanzebe couldn't have got a go? If we had signed Bonnuci that'd be one thing. However, we didn't.

People are saying if we sell Fellaini we need to buy two midfielders, my question is why? We have young players with tons of potential. If there was an opportunity to get Modric, sure. However, the FM legends are saying we should go for Renato Sanches. :rolleyes: It's like some people just pick out players that look good on video games and get hot for them. I can't see a single reason why Sanches deserves more of a go at Old Trafford than Pereira.
We wont buy two midfielders, we will buy Matic and a winger. And thats it

Ban

Who said I wanted to play Tuanzebe in midfield? I said I see little point in buying okay players for positions where we have real potential coming through.

PS) Timbo has played in midfield as much a defence at youth level. He could easily play there in a pinch.
That would be a risk too. New mid + TFM from time to time is ok.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Finally a decent set piece taker.
Takes them with both feet also.

Walters_19_MuFc

Probably his worse game this pre-season. Gave the ball away very cheaply. Worked very hard, though, and won the ball back on numerous occasions.

el3mel

His passing and tackles weren't good today. Looked so rushed in every ball unnecessarily. Good deliver from the set piece, though.

Utdstar01

Think I saw 2 misplaced passes towards the end of the game when everybody started going to shit. Still pretty good showing and one of the better players 2nd half IMO.

NoPace

He presses really well. I'm impressed with his hunger to win the ball in midfield.

Friction

Andreas had a pretty good game today. He may have misplaced a couple passes, but he also covered a lot of ground and was working very hard off the ball. He looks like he's learning a good bit from Ander Herrera, constantly moving to close down the ball. It was good to see him communicating and dictating defensive commands to his team mates too, that shows leadership qualities. In my opinion, he definitely deserves some game time this year.

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
Needs to stop with the lazy showboat passing to look cool just pass it to the right guy and we are happy must drive teammates crazy.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Apparently he was careless with the ball, gave away too many passes and was rough in the tackle. Trying to work out what some people are watching.

kundalini

Apparently he was careless with the ball, gave away too many passes and was rough in the tackle. Trying to work out what some people are watching.
The match rather than highlights. The reckless challenge only gets shown once in your vid, it looked much worse from other angles.

I happen to rate Andreas Pereira very highly and want him to feature regularly. I'm not going to write that he was careless if he put in a great performance.

One final point that I haven't noticed mentioned recently, Andreas was much better during LVG's 2nd pre-season tour, indeed he was our best performer prior to the PSG game, not so good in that one. Was playing a different position on that tour, mostly wide left though also no 10 and possibly a few mins wide right too, though my memory is hazy on this bit.

Last edited:

The No.10!

What some are criticising, is actually what we need in midfield, for someone to invite a couple of players to take away the ball, risk it, but still being confident and having the ability to get out of that situation, hence freeing up another player in a better position.

Andreas did exactly that yesterday, and he has done it many times earlier as well. Of course sometimes it doesn't come off, but the important thing is that he does it many more times than when he does not.

Stack

The match rather than highlights. The reckless challenge only gets shown once in your vid, it looked much worse from other angles.

I happen to rate Andreas Pereira very highly and want him to feature regularly. I'm not going to write that he was careless if he put in a great performance.

One final point that I haven't noticed mentioned recently, Andreas was much better during LVG's 2nd pre-season tour, indeed he was our best performer prior to the PSG game, not so good in that one. Was playing a different position on that tour, mostly wide left though also no 10 and possibly a few mins wide right too, though my memory is hazy on this bit.
Those werent highlights, they were all his touches. Im still not seeing all the careless passes and 1 bad tackle repeated from different angles doesnt make it multiple bad tackles.

kundalini

Those werent highlights, they were all his touches. Im still not seeing all the careless passes and 1 bad tackle repeated from different angles doesnt make it multiple bad tackles.
I can assure you that video did not contain all his touches. Far from it. He passed the ball directly to an opponent for no obvious reason, on more than one occasion. I stated one reckless challenge, though another contributor made reference to more than one.

r3idy

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I thought he lost the ball quite a bit yesterday but you could see he was trying to create some really positive football.

Play style reminds me of Thiago at Bayern. Obviously not at his level of course

Litch

Jury still out for me and there were quite a few misplaced passes but you can see technically he has quality just thought he was trying too hard to impress. I think he can play in CM but I'm not sure who he's going to dislodge. I think Matic, Pogba and Herrera pick themselves. I think Felliani is in front of him too. At 10, he's got Mata and Mikki. I think he should not go out on loan but equally the loan last time was good for him.

criticalanalysis

What some are criticising, is actually what we need in midfield, for someone to invite a couple of players to take away the ball, risk it, but still being confident and having the ability to get out of that situation, hence freeing up another player in a better position.
Jury still out for me and there were quite a few misplaced passes but you can see technically he has quality just thought he was trying too hard to impress.
This is basically the problem here for him and us.

Fans, myself included want to see more midfield mobilty, agile play, opening of passing options etc but for Pereira it's hard to reign it in for a solid performance but at the same time try to impose in a very stagnant Utd team (compared to his natural instincts).

I really hope the boy gets minutes. He could be a future long first teamer for us. I worry Matic's arrival will limit the youngsters' minutes but hopefully Mourinho can work out a good rotational system because he's gonna bloody need it to keep everyone on their toes and happy.

The red panther

princess transfer emo
Jury still out for me and there were quite a few misplaced passes but you can see technically he has quality just thought he was trying too hard to impress. I think he can play in CM but I'm not sure who he's going to dislodge. I think Matic, Pogba and Herrera pick themselves. I think Felliani is in front of him too. At 10, he's got Mata and Mikki. I think he should not go out on loan but equally the loan last time was good for him.
I don't agree Fellaini and Herrera should automatically start in front of him. Imo he offers more in terms of creativity and ability on the ball. He should get his fair chance and we will see who is the best players to have next to Pogba and Matic in that midfield.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Just a friendly. He's really not played much this pre season so it would be understandable if he was TRYING harder to impress. He's very young but of course he has the quality.

Kag

Lots of people like him, so expect the awkward squad (the same lot who will praise Fellaini for passing the ball) to hammer down on him at every opportunity, heightening the expectations and micro-analysing his every move. Signs already.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Lots of people like him, so expect the awkward squad (the same lot who will praise Fellaini for passing the ball) to hammer down on him at every opportunity, heightening the expectations and micro-analysing his every move. Signs already.
Noticed this as well, happens a lot on here I've noticed. People feel they need to go against the grain constantly in an attempt to seem more intelligent about football.

Grande

I'd have him and Martial down as the two best players of the second half, along with Gayas Zahid.

Most passes very good or pretty good, play through the lines or swiching sides s much as pogba and as mobile as herrera.

Can still move more proactively without the ball, and dwell less on it at times.

Stack

I have him ahead of Fellaini in the pecking order. He has showed he can play in front of the defence, has showed he can play out wide as well as in the middle and behind the strikers. He has shown he can cover and defend and he can beat players with the ball at his feet. He can also pass with either foot and provide set pieces.

I have him ahead of Fellaini in the pecking order. He has showed he can play in front of the defence, has showed he can play out wide as well as in the middle and behind the strikers. He has shown he can cover and defend and he can beat players with the ball at his feet. He can also pass with either foot and provide set pieces.
He'll need 6 months to get used to the physical demands on the league. I think he'll come in for Herrera a few times and possibly Pogba. Maybe even Lingard. Jose won't trust him in front of the defence just yet.

I think Fellaini will be used as a very specific tool from now on. No more playing next to Pogba and Herrera just because he's the only functioning body.

Stack

He'll need 6 months to get used to the physical demands on the league. I think he'll come in for Herrera a few times and possibly Pogba. Maybe even Lingard. Jose won't trust him in front of the defence just yet.

I think Fellaini will be used as a very specific tool from now on. No more playing next to Pogba and Herrera just because he's the only functioning body.
He is more than ready for the physical demands. He is fit enough, strong enough, quick enough and aggressive enough. The physical demands are absolutely not a problem for him. He simply needs experience which he will get slowly over the course of the next season. Fellaini has shown he can do a number of different jobs and Mourinho will use him accordingly.

He is more than ready for the physical demands. He is fit enough, strong enough, quick enough and aggressive enough. The physical demands are absolutely not a problem for him. He simply needs experience which he will get slowly over the course of the next season. Fellaini has shown he can do a number of different jobs and Mourinho will use him accordingly.
We shall see, as he's certain to get games this season. He has never played in a game where the midfielders around him will be so strong and aggressive though. He will need to adapt.

Litch

I don't agree Fellaini and Herrera should automatically start in front of him. Imo he offers more in terms of creativity and ability on the ball. He should get his fair chance and we will see who is the best players to have next to Pogba and Matic in that midfield.
We know its different for a young player coming than a player already established or a new signing. The new signing generally will have been given some assurances that they will play, the established players generally know whats expected of them and have the trust of the manager. The young player has neither (yet). Also we know the chances to prove your worth are pre-season for young players. Maybe its about fitness for others but for you its about how you can wrestle that shirt away from proven PL and internationals. Rash scored goals straight away and kept scoring. If he hadnt, we may never have seen him in the same way.
Fair....this is not a league to gamble and why all the top teams really struggle in promoting young players. Even then, one bad game (as you would expect from a young player) and they disappear in the club. Keane came in and had an absolute nightmare and never saw him again until turned up at Burnley.

I think the lads got talent but hes not starting 11 ready. I suggest he does a Pogba or Lingard and find a club (pref in the prem though) that he can showcase his talent against the top teams. Playing his position isnt easy to come on with 10 mins to go. Either the games dead and you are told to keep it safe or you are chasing the game which isnt easy either.

People had a similar view about Jan, clearly whilst great technically, couldnt showcase his talent at Sunderland. Yep poor team but Defo still showed his quality and although maybe an unfair comparison, thats the bar unfortunately......

Another year will be harder again as no doubt more signings of world class players. Not easy for homegrown young players and thats why so many dont make it at top clubs.

Last edited:

TheForgottenOne

Playing his position isnt easy to come on with 10 mins to go. Either the games dead and you are told to keep it safe or you are chasing the game which isnt easy either.
I actually think he is a player that can also be very usefull in those situations. If the game is dead, his movement and short combinations are perfect to keep possession. On tour, he has shown he can keep posession when under pressure as well, which is also very usefull in those situations.

The fact that he is good with both feet and the fact that he is good with set pieces is also very valuable to me. Even more so if we are chasing the game and our opponent is playing very compact. I would much rather see Pereira getting on the pitch than a lot of other players, as he seems to be able to play in smaller spaces and can cross with either foot. Players like Lingard or Rashford would need space to be able to use their speed on the flanks. When needing to force something with players like Lukaku, Matic or Fellaini up front, it makes sense to have Pereira come on to swing those balls into the box when needed.

midnightmare

I couldn't catch the game, sadly, but if this encompasses all his play, in amazed that folks are in here slagging him off and can see why Jose may well be confident we have the required depth in midfield. If we don't consider Pereira a real option for minutes, we just have Fellaini and Carrick behind Herrera-Matic-Pogba and that's not nearly good enough. Add in Pereira and not only do the numbers look better but we're adding a new dimension. This is a guy that has immense technical skill and I really hope he breaks through this season.

MadMike

I think the lads got talent but hes not starting 11 ready. I suggest he does a Pogba or Lingard and find a club (pref in the prem though) that he can showcase his talent against the top teams. Playing his position isnt easy to come on with 10 mins to go. Either the games dead and you are told to keep it safe or you are chasing the game which isnt easy either.
He has already showcased his talent against much better teams than the PL has to offer. His best performances have come against the Madrid clubs.

He is in that junction of his career where, like Pogba a while back, if he doesn't get a chance at Utd he will simply go. His contract hasn't got long left. Allegedly plenty of teams have shown interest too.

For me he is a better footballer than Fellaini and should be starting as many if not more matches than the Belgian. We know Fellainis ceiling, he has his uses for sure but he's been here 4 years and they have been underwhelming both for him and the team. He hasn't got the potential to evolve into something better, while Pereira does and needs that chance to show it.

Status
Not open for further replies.