Andreas Pereira image 15

Andreas Pereira Brazil flag

2017-18 Performances

View full 2017-18 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotQuiteManc

I think another full season loan spell wouldn't be bad, especially to a team in the PL. Preferably a mid-table team where he will play as the first 11. Oh wait, United finished 6th. Perfect then!

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I think another full season loan spell wouldn't be bad, especially to a team in the PL. Preferably a mid-table team where he will play as the first 11. Oh wait, United finished 6th. Perfect then!
I think we need him in the squad this season tbh, as long as Jose uses him though. We were short last season in midfield and lacked creativity without Pogba

:lol::lol: the white text

NotQuiteManc

A bit of Modric, a bit of Isco in the dribbling. United need more of this, please. :drool::drool::drool:

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
It's absolutely ridiculous how much I want him to be a big part of our team this season. Love watching him play, and hopefully he'll be a part of our midfield for years to come!

Utdstar01

Got a feeling this is going to be a big season for him. Seems grounded too for how young he is.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
His turning circle with the ball is so small it's insane, he actually dribbles around Modric in a circle, how many other players in the world could have done that? :lol:

It'll be a real travesty if we can't get this guy some games this year. Nobody can convince me he couldn't do a job in CM against some of the minnows of the league.

CM

The club keep stressing that the tour numbers aren't necessarily the numbers for the new season but Pereira's got 15 here. Hopefully that means he figures prominently in Mourinho's plans.

Smoking_Owl

Account closed by request: 23/11/17
Is this guy actually any good or is he just another overhyped youngster like Fosu-Mensah, Wilson etc.?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Is this guy actually any good or is he just another overhyped youngster like Fosu-Mensah, Wilson etc.?
He's actually proven in a good league that he's very capable which sets him apart for now, also TFM only turned 19 in January so bit early to be calling him out.

endless_wheelies

feeling dizzy
Absolutely convinced we need to sign at least 2 wingers to overcome the penetration problems of last, seriously doubt two big names are incoming so fingers crossed Pereira can be the 2nd.

devil in me

Absolutely convinced we need to sign at least 2 wingers to overcome the penetration problems of last, seriously doubt two big names are incoming so fingers crossed Pereira can be the 2nd.
Really hope we dont play the lad on the wing. Needs to be playing CM.

Smoking_Owl

Account closed by request: 23/11/17
He's actually proven in a good league that he's very capable which sets him apart for now, also TFM only turned 19 in January so bit early to be calling him out.
Yeah TFM still has a chance but I just find in general that the hype and expectation of academy players is totally disproportionate to their chances of becoming a top class player.

Saf94

No, Mourinho likes players who do the job how he wants them done. Big difference.
He played Rashford on the wing, Tuanzebe in CM. I don't think he strictly follows any code or principle. He will play players if they are good and give him what he wants. The main thing he wants is for the player to give 100% and listen to his instructions

Dobbs

Yeah TFM still has a chance but I just find in general that the hype and expectation of academy players is totally disproportionate to their chances of becoming a top class player.
Nothing wrong with that in my opinion. Getting giddy about young players is part of following football. A simple joy.

How do you know TFM'S ability but not Pereira's?

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Just wondering but who was the last player under our books to have a successful loan overseas (which discounts the likes of Welbeck, Evans, Cleverly etc) in a major league?

Can only recall Rossi and Pique but that's almost a decade ago.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
How do you know TFM'S ability but not Pereira's?
I think it's the fact that Fosu-Mensah has barely played a handful of first team matches, whilst Pereira had a very successful loan spell at a faltering Granada side.

Glanville95

Really hope this is Pereira's breakout season. It's unlikely he'll get a great deal of minutes, but I can see him making a huge impression with the minutes he does get and putting himself into contention for at least a place in the match-day squad on a frequent basis.

I just see far more potential in him than there ever was with Januzaj.

lostcauz

He looked good in the video posted above but I always have my doubts when a player like Aspas got something 19 goals in la liga last season. Nobody seemed to try and get close to pereira in the video.

Silas

Him and Pogba with Herrera behind could be fantastic.

Dobbs

I think it's the fact that Fosu-Mensah has barely played a handful of first team matches, whilst Pereira had a very successful loan spell at a faltering Granada side.
Yeah that's why I don't get how the poster knows TFM'S game and ability level but doesn't know much about Pereira.

You'd think it'd be the other way around given the big difference in game time and exposure.

predator

Youth NITK
I just hope Jose plays him as much as possible, without obviously jeopardizing our results.
He appears to have pretty much everything to suceed and even become a fans favourite.

Brightonian

None of them were 'overhyped'. They were all standout talents in the youth teams. Pereira and Januzaj probably more so, then Wilson (purely for the sheer volume of goals he scored) and then TFM. You just have to understand the difference between 'this kid is special and could become a great player and a first teamer' and 'this kid is definitely going to make it.' It's impossible to predict that, because you never know for sure how a youngster will develop and whether circumstances will offer him the chances he needs to 'make it'. Doesn't make it wrong to point out raw potential though.

lawliet354

fecking idiot LVG should have sent him out on loan sooner.
Yeah I remember getting excited after he scored the freekick in the EFL Cup, thinking that this would be the first step in his United career, but then he suddenly disappeared from the first team, and LVG chose Nick Powell instead in the CL, only God knows what is in that man's mind

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
He looks a winger to me. Is he good enough defensively for CM?
He's not a winger at all imo. He's a very versatile midfielder - his main strengths are his passing, vision, technical ability but also work rate. In Spain, I read that he added the defensive part as well. Now I don't know if Jose would play him a bit deeper as he is not a very physical player. Skill wise, he surely should be picked imo

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
None of them were 'overhyped'. They were all standout talents in the youth teams. Pereira and Januzaj probably more so, then Wilson (purely for the sheer volume of goals he scored) and then TFM. You just have to understand the difference between 'this kid is special and could become a great player and a first teamer' and 'this kid is definitely going to make it.' It's impossible to predict that, because you never know for sure how a youngster will develop and whether circumstances will offer him the chances he needs to 'make it'. Doesn't make it wrong to point out raw potential though.
Disagree. A lot of them get overhyped.

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He's not a winger at all imo. He's a very versatile midfielder - his main strengths are his passing, vision, technical ability but also work rate. In Spain, I read that he added the defensive part as well. Now I don't know if Jose would play him a bit deeper as he is not a very physical player. Skill wise, he surely should be picked imo
Herrera isn't the most physical player, at least in terms of his built, but makes up for it with tremendous work ethic and aggressive play. I think, also given your assessment of his strengths, which I agree with, that he'll play higher up the pitch, more so in the Mata role.

NotQuiteManc

I would love to see him play in the Pogba role in his earlier Juve days, where he has sort of free role in the team, and two more experienced CM partners to cover him. Plus, at least from the highlight video, shows that he excels at playing from the left. He has more experience now, and judging from his comments, probably more aware of his responsibilities defensively. Should give Mou some good headaches.

Still won't oppose to "marquee" CM signing, in which would give the team some sort of safe, short term fix to be able to win something, at the same time doesn't hinder Pereira's long term future with the club.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Perfect rotation option for Herrera and Pogba. Hoping he'll get minutes against LA Galaxy as I just can't wait to see him play.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Herrera isn't the most physical player, at least in terms of his built, but makes up for it with tremendous work ethic and aggressive play. I think, also given your assessment of his strengths, which I agree with, that he'll play higher up the pitch, more so in the Mata role.
Pereira does not have that grit though and that's why I think he will play not as a DM

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
Think we will see him in the League cup and when we eventually get all our players injured during the crucial time in the season.
I think we can use our midfielders like this- From left to right in order of preference for that role

Number 6 - Herrera/Pogba/Carrick
Number 8- Pogba/Herrera/Fellaini
Number 10-Pogba/Mata/Fellaini/Herrera

We are after a dm so he will cover the number 6/number 8 role at best. I think there is space there for Andreas he only needs to perform better than fellaini. I expect carrick to only feature in 20 games this season so i think Andreas can expect to be on the fringes and play atleast 7-10 games and maybe if he does well he might appear in 15!

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Pereira does not have that grit though and that's why I think he will play not as a DM
Agreed, that's why I said he'll be more so in the Mata role on our squad.

SambaBoy

I'd love for him to be given a chance this season but if not then he needs a loan move to a Prem side, Brighton maybe? They seem to play decent football.

I think he could play a role at United this season but it's whether Mourinho has faith in him and what position he will play. There is no point in him getting league cup games and a few minutes here and there after a full season in La Liga, it would just be a massive backwards step for his development.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
He has everything needed to become a senior player for us except experience and that wont happen over the course of 1 season but 2-4 seasons. Patience is key here both for him and the club.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He looked good in the video posted above but I always have my doubts when a player like Aspas got something 19 goals in la liga last season. Nobody seemed to try and get close to pereira in the video.
A player like Vardy, who was barely a professional a few years ago got 20+ in a season, and another 10 or so the next term. English football is not that good at all. In fact, Aspas also scored against England themselves at Wembley.

Pereira will be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.