5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil may care

I don't think he was awful althugh his pass stats were poor, the midfield trio were all way off it though and while he worked hard he didn't do enough with the ball.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
If he took risks like he did today against spurs or liverpool, we would ship a few goals.

Not convinced by him either. Still better than McTomminah though.

iluvoursolskjær

Searching for life's white text in London
what i used to see him was an ability to retain possession and play neat passes moving the ball up the pitch in tight spaces. if herrera wasn't playing as good as he was i'd have tried a matic-perreira-pogba midfield but that isn't going to happen and rightly so.

Janson

While we were bad, the players who never got a chance were always overhyped. I kept being told how Perrerira and Fred should play with Pogba because they are more technical and Matic was holding him back somehow. Being a technical midget alone doesn't mean your gonna be playing like Xavi suddenly.

Rockets Redglare

If he hadn’t came through the academy he’d be slated on here. He’s nowhere near the standard required and should be sold in the summer.

CM

He looked a lot better once Fellaini came on and gave him the license to play in a more advanced role. Perhaps not cut out to play DM but he still put in some very nice passes and was unlucky not to score at the end.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Perhaps the hype dies down a bit. He was becoming a better player on here by not playing.
He was poor today, but I'm still convinced he will make a very good squad player. Not sure that's what he wants though

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
He is a Coutinho kind of player. Not sure if we will give an opportunity to play there.

automaticflare

He looked a lot better once Fellaini came on and gave him the license to play in a more advanced role. Perhaps not cut out to play DM but he still put in some very nice passes and was unlucky not to score at the end.
Yep was a good strike.
He is a very nice footballer but to me hasn’t got the bottle to do the dirty work in middle to take control of the game. No surprise that when fellaini came on and freed him of some responsibility he was a bit better

ErranMorad

I think the position that best suits him is Pogba's. He needs to play as an attacking mid. Don't think he is either a 6 or a 8.

In reality, can't see a future for him here. We should let him go if Valencia offer good money in the summer.

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue
Tomás Cleverlinho

At least Cleverley had that weird, tilting striking technique. Pereira has shown no distinctive qualities in his appearances for Manchester United so far.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I do think that if Pereira's going to play that deeper role he does need Herrera in there doing his thing. Without him I do expect Pereira to get caught out at times.

However, Pereira's problems in this match were far more than just being exposed by not having Herrera. Very disappointing match, and this performance may very well see him back below McTominay in the pecking order.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I think he’s got it, but it’s certainly not going to happen here. Needs to pick his next move carefully.

crossy1686

career ending
He’s 23, been at United for years under various managers, played a couple of games under every manager but never held down a spot, no one seems to know what his best position is.

He’s not good enough lads, time to let him go.

kundalini

Difficult season for him, not getting much playing time and on the rare occasions he starts, it is in weird line-ups.

Some good moments but overall a patchy performance.

Not clear which position he is best suited to.

haram

Jose ruined his confidence.Give him time to get his confidence back and he will be one of the best .
And if he never becomes good enough then it will also be Jose’s fault, correct?

Ace of Spades

He was very sloppy, tried to build from the back and got caught out. Part of the reason was a dysfunctional midfield, and the other that he is not very good as a 6, not unless there is someone to help in the defensive part of the game. Once Fellaini came on, he got a bit better. Still think he is good enough to be a squad player at least, and can be back up to Herrera for now.

Alabaster Codify7

There's definitely a player in there. I'm not sure how good that player is, or whether he'll ever bee good enough for us, but there's a player nonetheless.

MadMike

Not a good game for the standards we expect of him. Should have been more composed. Time is running out for him to make an impression, due to his contract situation.

The thing is, neither McT nor Fred have convinced in any way. We could be going into the summer needing to sign another CM if neither of them improve between now and then.

Kag

Let himself down today. Dawdled in possession too many times. He’s a lot better than that. Still, the overreaction to one performance is silly if not sadly typical.

He’s played against top sides with a lot more composure than we watched today. Hopefully he gets more chances soon - as I think he’s a great squad option - but if he doesn’t then he’s got to take a look at that performance as to why.

khoazany

Let himself down today. Dawdled in possession too many times. He’s a lot better than that. Still, the overreaction to one performance is silly if not sadly typical.

He’s played against top sides with a lot more composure than we watched today. Hopefully he gets more chances soon - as I think he’s a great squad option - but if he doesn’t then he’s got to take a look at that performance as to why.
Yeah people have no chill. It's a poor performance from Andreas, he's capable of better than that and he has wasted this rare chance to impress but he's lack of match sharpness and being played too deep. Fellani will probably get ahead of the queue now after getting the fitness required so time's running out for him and Fred. We have too many CMs, Garner is essential our 8th or 9th choice but there's a huge gap right now between the first choices and the second fiddle. I can see some get sold in the summer so Andreas needs to do more between now till end of season under Ole to make the cut.

Last edited:

rotherham_red

I love Pereira but I think it's time to call it quits now.

It's a personal pity for him because he was genuinely ready for a shot 4 years ago under LVG but for some reason he never really got it. Then Jose followed and he was sent out on loan. Granada was a great experience and everything was gearing up for a breakthrough last season, but I think it was the Valencia loan which killed his momentum. He went from playing week in and week out the season before, to being a squad player and couldn't really build on the good season before.

With the likes of Garner coming through as a 6, and Gomes as the 8/10, in addition to the likely midfield purchase(s) we'll make in the next year to 18 months, it's probably the right time to let him go and re-establish himself in the game.

arthurka

Tomás Cleverlinho

At least Cleverley had that weird, tilting striking technique. Pereira has shown no distinctive qualities in his appearances for Manchester United so far.
And we can add not taking the chances when he gets them. He and McT arent what this team needs. Looking at the youth the way Gomes has been playing for them should be rated higher

jem

Just saying.. now that Jose is gone, i am expecting each player to perform very well.
Fair enough, but saying he will be one of the best is a pretty bold statement about a player who, as far as I know, has yet to set the world alight, either with United or at any of his loan spells.

lsd

The Oracle
I was you should follow the conversation

Or we could just stick to the thread topic . It is annoying the amount that of treads just go off topic .

Anyway Perriera was very average today . Unlucky at the end with a decent shot but I don't see him making it at Utd

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Or we could just stick to the thread topic . It is annoying the amount that of treads just go off topic .

Anyway Perriera was very average today . Unlucky at the end with a decent shot but I don't see him making it at Utd
It wasnt me who took it off topic.

Also don’t think he played well however given no one did I think he should get a few more chances between now and season end

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
His biggest issue is the physical side of his game.. it’s okay to be slow but you need to be able to cover ground and be very responsive. He constantly comes across as quite reactive and slightly behind what’s going on. Second half he was better but if we are talking first team regular level - I am not quite sure how he at this age can suddenly cover the pitch well.

Look at guys like Kroos or Xabi Alonso - slow as snails but they always feel part of the game and are involved - very rarely you see them missing in both attack or defence whereas Pereira is very rarely the throbbing heart of the game when I’ve seen him. He needs more games imo before we make the final on whether he will make it here or not. Let him play with the first team and give him that chance to grow... he clearly has a good football brain IMO and technically he’s quality but it’s just that ability to get in the thick of the game that is missing and currently it looks like it is doubtful he will acquire that to the requisite level. Even at Valencia he didn’t grab games and get involved enough for me.

Mainoldo

He’s not a number 6. Said it before even though thought he looked great on tour.

Unfortunately I think he’ll have to find anotherway not at United. Good player wrong time. We need an upgrade on Herrera he won’t be it.

Canagel

Yeah people have no chill. It's a poor performance from Andreas, he's capable of better than that and he has wasted this rare chance to impress but he's lack of match sharpness and being played too deep. Fellani will probably get ahead of the queue now after getting the fitness required so time's running out for him and Fred. We have too many CMs, Garner is essential our 8th or 9th choice but there's a huge gap right now between the first choices and the second fiddle. I can see some get sold in the summer so Andreas needs to do more between now till end of season under Ole to make the cut.
he needs to get on the pitch first! To judge them on first game post Jose after spending months on the bench is ludicrous. He may or may not be good enough to start week in week out but to get a better judgement he needs minutes. Even 10/15 minutes every PL game is better than nothing. Just for the sake of match sharpness.
but I expect him to be moved on in the summer regardless. his out of contract and won't be renewed

RedorDead21

Deserves to continue to get opportunities from now until the end of the season. Rashers has had plenty of garbage performances.
If he fails to impress this season perhaps that will be it for him here so the motivation to keep trying hard is there.

Status
Not open for further replies.