5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raven

Stays incredibly central at almost all times, which is weird because you could see play going on at either side of the pitch and him just not bothering his arse. Still think he's a great talent, think he's given up on United though.

AshRK

Massively overhyped by some of the fans. Average player with some skill shown here and there. Not good enough.

Fredo

You broke my heart!
Every season we say this is his year if he stays with the team, he should be part of the summer clear-out as it is evident he is not good enough.

Skills

Snitch
Wonder who's idea it was play him as a 6? Mourinho did it but I just thought it was just him losing the plot, but he's now being played there by Ole?

Carrick/McKenna's doing?

Ban

All those cries for him to play, this was his big chance and he didn't prove himself.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Free transfer in June. He's got Watford or Everton written all over him.

Konimey

He hasn't really done anything to show that he should play week in and week out for United. At 23 we really need to be seeing more from him.

Idxomer

The early good signs from the season have disappeared completely. Just not good enough at this level.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Can Bournemouth pay £19m for him too?

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Have to say, that was a really bad performance. He and Fred were difficult to watch today.

No awareness, no ability to protect the ball and very panicky.

Zoo

His problem playing centrally is he doesn’t have the tight close control or body strength to navigate out of tricky situations. He has great quality off his right foot, if we played 4-4-2 he’d be worth trying as a right winger.

Minimalist

What's he supposed to be? A playmaker? A defensive mid?

I have no idea watching him. Easy to miss him on the pitch.

Nice effort at the end though.

JoaquinJoaquin

Too slow for the English game unfortunately. Has some nice touches and passing, but will most likely go to Santos in the Summer.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
He's better than his 50m teammate. If he stays and we still play the same style, I think he has a good future here. He's still 23 y.o.

redDNA

Supports
Enyimba FC of Aba
I can not remember anything of note he did.
But,the bigger worry is the lack of effort from him,he lost the ball so many times and did not bother to get it back,that shows lack of mental strength or mentally checking out of Man united.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Hes decent but squad player at best is what he'll ever be IMO. Depends on what he wants though.

Lynty

I think he showcased great technical ability

Unfortunately he played with the maturity and experience of a 16 year old.

Should be much further along now. Time to part ways in my opinion.

Broad Street Bullies

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
What's he supposed to be? A playmaker? A defensive mid?

I have no idea watching him. Easy to miss him on the pitch.

Nice effort at the end though.
I'd like to know too. He's got a nice shot but other than that I don't think he's offering a whole lot. What was his position today? Midfielder? Is he good enough to play further forward? I don't know but right now it's hard to see him as a part of the future here.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Wonder who's idea it was play him as a 6? Mourinho did it but I just thought it was just him losing the plot, but he's now being played there by Ole?

Carrick/McKenna's doing?
The majority of people here wanted him to play there for years. Myself included.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Couple of nice touches,was able to come out of the press with the ball. But nothing phenomenal. Expect more from a person who is ready to break into the first team

Red-17

I think a lot of people are being too harsh on him. Looked a lot better in the second half when he moved tot he 8 position. Certainly think he looks more rounded than Fred despite being relatively new to the central midfield position. He needs to improve his awareness in terms of getting caught in possession, but that's something you would expect a player to struggle with when they are inexperienced in midfield. He still made quite a few dangerous passes including the one to Lukaku which the keeper did well to come off his line. Also could have ended the game with a goal. Yes he needs to improve, but he's playing in a position where most players do not peak until there mid to late 20s. I think he would look quite good if he slotted into our first 11 rather than in a team that is full of players lacking match sharpness. I think playing him in place of Herrera in home games against one of the lower sides would be an example of a game where he could show his quality.

settembrini

Our refusal to play him in a more attacking position is baffling, especially as we insist on playing Fred there. We would get more out of both players if we just had them swap positions.

spiriticon

I don't think he's physical enough for the central midfield position. I'd push him further forward into the #10 or on the right wing.

Andersons Dietician

He was infuriating in the first half and to me honestly didn’t look like he even wanted to be there. He was barely jogging to get back at people when he was the closest and at one point Fred ran past him to get back at someone. He did on occasion pick some nice passes between the lines but he was caught on the ball a lot. 2nd half he seemed to be trying to put in a lot more effort but just wasn’t really at it for me. I mean ere is your chance to prove to people you belong and he didn’t seem to really try.

Skills

Snitch
The majority of people here wanted him to play there for years. Myself included.
But why though? His best abilities seem to be his touch, dribbling and short passing. You'd want him using those closer to goal, in more congested areas of the pitch.

You don't want him taking on players as a 6 because it's too risky, and he's often passing the ball to players ahead of him with less ability.

iluvoursolskjær

Searching for life's white text in London
had high hopes for this guy, and although i'm not totally ready to give up on him just yet, the time is running out for this dude to kickstart his united career. the door will close on him soon though so it's on him to grab the opportunity.

no more Mourinho to blame and cry about lack of opportunities.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
But why though? His best abilities seem to be his touch, dribbling and short passing. You'd want him using those closer to goal, in more congested areas of the pitch.

You don't want him taking on players as a 6 because it's too risky, and he's often passing the ball to players ahead of him with less ability.
Because he had one great game in the FA, as a two-footed deep lying playmaker. Around the same time that Cazorla was bossing it for Arsenal in the same role. It was the obvious conclusion.

NinjaFletch

Because he doesn't look to be anywhere near good enough to make it at United in an advanced position, so they've moved him back in the hope that his skill will work well deeper.

It's pretty common. Matic is another example of a player who broke through higher up the pitch but realised he wouldn't make it there.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Because he doesn't look to be anywhere near good enough to make it at United in an advanced position, so they've moved him back in the hope that his skill will work well deeper.

It's pretty common. Matic is another example of a player who broke through higher up the pitch but realised he wouldn't make it there.
I'm also fairly sure Herrera used to play a little more advanced at Bilbao

Devil81

Overhyped on here, I do think he looks technically great but he just not good enough in my opinion.

In Rainbows

He just had bad awareness today, and his technical quality let him down at times when he tried to go past someone. He was able to create some space for himself to provide a pass or to retain possession. He didn't get on the ball enough to really make a difference which was disappointing to see.

Gomes is basically a more talented version of Pereira.

Status
Not open for further replies.