Andreas Pereira - SIGNED FOR FULHAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

SATA

Or perhaps that Ten Hag has communicated that he wants the player to be part of his pre season squad before deciding if he’s surplus?

SAFMUTD

With so many players going out of contract I can see him comming for squad depth. But he'll be sold or released next year. People dont dimension the trouble we're at, we have Mata, Lingard, Pogba, Matic, Cavani leaving for sure and possibly Bailly, Jones, Henderson, Martial, Wan Bissaka.

Thats 5 players leaving for sure and another 5 on the verge of leaving. I dont see us bringing more than 4-5 players this summer, so we'll have to fill the wholes in the squad with youngsters or return players from loans.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
With so many players going out of contract I can see him comming for squad depth. But he'll be sold or released next year. People dont dimension the trouble we're at, we have Mata, Lingard, Pogba, Matic, Cavani leaving for sure and possibly Bailly, Jones, Henderson, Martial, Wan Bissaka.

Thats 5 players leaving for sure and another 5 on the verge of leaving. I dont see us bringing more than 4-5 players this summer, so we'll have to fill the wholes in the squad with youngsters or return players from loans.
I don't really see this as problematic. Our squad is bloated as it stands. We have almost 30 first team players. Significantly reducing the size of the squad and giving more chances to players like Garner, Hannibal, Elanga etc That sounds good to me.

I don't see the point in holding onto Andreas though. He's another #8 and, even with the departures, we will have enough of those.

Idxomer

His contract should be terminated if there's no club willing to buy him, there's no place for a nothing player like him in the squad.

Acole9

Outstanding
This is utter bollocks. There's always these type of daft rumours around.

I remember there was one a couple of years back which said Solskjaer loved Rojo and was going to try him as a defensive midfielder.

ti vu

Or perhaps that Ten Hag has communicated that he wants the player to be part of his pre season squad before deciding if he’s surplus?
Then ETH would set himself for failure. Even Ole saw that A. Pereira is not good enough and tried to get rid. Even a bigger Brazillian club doesn't see him good enough to spend their hard earned money on. Wasting time to assess him, then risking having an "unhappy" player and dressing room when the same conclusion drawn.

The idea of squad depth is that a player is still capable to carry out the game plan while resting important player. Pereira is a firm "not good enough". If you have game time to throw away, then let young players have it. With Gardner, VdB coming back and Hannibal is at the door to be more involved, a signing or two of DM would mean we have more than enough option for midfield rotation on top of McFred. Our midfield issue is not related to quantity. It's both quality and specialty issue. Pereira doesn't offer any solution to that.

VdB is better as support forward. Gardner's quality delivery means he can be used as emergency winger if needed. He may even be developed into a right footed RCB Daley Blind even. McTominay emergency CB. Elanga can be developed as utility player for almost all the role on the flank: wing back, winger, wide forward if you only need to fill the team.

With Pereira he's a burden to the system wherever he plays. Flashy with occasional screamer, but ultimately wasteful, and pointless in every position he plays.

Last edited:

jesperjaap

He doesnt hold much transfer value and his contract ends next summer, so whatever happens isnt rally important. He is unlikely to play, wont get a new contract and will be gone be it this summer ideally for a fee or next summer for free.

Shame he never made much of an impact here at all as looked a talented player, was one a lot were talkign about wishing to get opportunities earlier in his career.

Personally I think we should sell him if its £2m 5m or £10m to clear decks, but not bothered if we dont hes gone in 12 months one way or another, like Jones and Dalot should be. Should ALL have been sold last summer of course but its irrelevant now

Robertd0803

This is utter bollocks. There's always these type of daft rumours around.

I remember there was one a couple of years back which said Solskjaer loved Rojo and was going to try him as a defensive midfielder.
And the same last summer with AWB being used as a defensive mid. Comical.

As for Pereira theres little point to bringing him back other than to fill the role of a warm body in the squad. At this point I doubt he even has any value left.

Last edited:

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
If he sees even 1 game of game this summer it's over for us. Preseason Pirlo will play so well that Ten Hag will think we don't need a single midfielder.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I'm all for 'let the manager have who he wants' but I feel like the caveat is Andreas Pereira.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Im a huge fan of his, saw him at the u20 WC where he was superb. Really hoped he would do well for us but it just never happened for him. This feels like the very first mistake ETH is making. It didnt work first time around, what have we seen that indicates it will second time around?

Im a huge fan of his, saw him at the u20 WC where he was superb. Really hoped he would do well for us but it just never happened for him. This feels like the very first mistake ETH is making. It didnt work first time around, what have we seen that indicates it will second time around?
What makes you attribute this decision to Ten Hag?

I doubt Ten Hag knows any English journalists very well. If they're saying Andreas will be reintegrated into the team, they'll have been briefed be from sources at the club. Its true that what they're saying to the press may well be reflective of conversations with Ten Hag. However, I'm extremely skeptical. These same journalists were told in January that the club didn't want to sign anyone without a new coach in place. Then in February that the club's main targets were Declan Rice and John McGinn. Club sources are not particularly known for their consistency.

georgipep

What makes you attribute this decision to Ten Hag?

I doubt Ten Hag knows any English journalists very well. If they're saying Andreas will be reintegrated into the team, they'll have been briefed be from sources at the club. Its true that what they're saying to the press may well be reflective of conversations with Ten Hag. However, I'm extremely skeptical. These same journalists were told in January that the club didn't want to sign anyone without a new coach in place. Then in February that the club's main targets were Declan Rice and John McGinn. Club sources are not particularly known for their consistency.
Why do you believe the media are relying on "club sources"? I assume 99.99% of what they write is just fiction.

Golden Nugget

The whole Pereira situation happened due to Pogbas transfer away and back to United. I never saw him in the reserves but I recall he was rated highly - to a point where people were perplexed as to why LVG and Jose didn’t give him any chances. (Similar to Mejbri now). When he did play, he was neat and tidy, scored worksites, but was largely underwhelming and invisible.

It created a situation where his contract was expiring (I can’t remember if it’s this current contract or not) - and they didn’t want another Pogba situation. I still think United did the right thing in giving him a contract, but the 53k is ridiculous.

Why do you believe the media are relying on "club sources"? I assume 99.99% of what they write is just fiction.
Cos of the industry I work in. I've seen firsthand how stuff is given to journalists.

I remember people saying the leaks were fake, then Gary Neville telling people that he's in the room at Sky News when stuff is being given to journalists.

It might well be fiction. However, it is someone's fiction. A source, usually more than one, will have told the journalist to write this stuff up. News outlets love controversy but they don't really like libel suits. If they put something out editorial will usually insist that, in the worst case scenario, they could make a case in court to defend the story. Occasionally they lose. However, you'll notice that 99 per cent of the stuff that is run never ends up in any courtroom.

IMO its fairly obvious when something comes from club sources.

Jezpeza

i doubt its true. They are just drawing parallels between anyone with a remote connection to ETH. A media report read ‘from their time together at psv’. Pereira was a little kid aged 9 to 15 in that ‘time working together’. Its not like donny. I just cant see him being here next season

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I don't really see this as problematic. Our squad is bloated as it stands. We have almost 30 first team players. Significantly reducing the size of the squad and giving more chances to players like Garner, Hannibal, Elanga etc That sounds good to me.

I don't see the point in holding onto Andreas though. He's another #8 and, even with the departures, we will have enough of those.
He's been terrible every time we've played him as a #8 (other than in pre-season). The only time he's played at a decent-ish level in the first team was as a #10 or right wing in the first half of 19/20. Obviously not good enough to be a starter, but for those few months he was performing at an ok level for a squad player.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
A lack of business fundamentals in this thread. The guy's value is zero as it stands but get him in a few preseason games and watch him turn into peak Messi and we'll no doubt add a few million to his price tag.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
He just isn't good enough and it hurts me to say that.
Also I doubt flamengo would go for him after that debacle in copa libertadores .

mikeyt

Should've been sold years ago. Another piece of deadwood we can't seem to get rid of.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
We need to stop overhyping our squad players and take what we can for them. Despite what others think about new found wealth in Brazil, just over 15m Is their record fee paid EVER. So I think we were silly thinking that we’d get that.
just as we were silly Newcastle would pay us millions for a Lingard loan, or Everton would pay 7m for Romero. These players ended up sitting on the bench, moaning and costing wages. Can’t we have a bit of common sense now United?

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
One of the most nothing players we’ve had in recent memory. Genuinely think I’ve seen him play well once (1-1 with Liverpool).

I don’t know what his apparent strengths are.

TOPREDIAMNOT

So we valued him about £8m

They probably valued him at £1m

End game : we keep another player on £100k a week for another three+ years. I would have given him away for £0 to get hime off the wage bill

Let's face it no one is going to buy Martial either. We can't give our deadwood away they are that bad!

We need to stop overhyping our squad players and take what we can for them. Despite what others think about new found wealth in Brazil, just over 15m Is their record fee paid EVER. So I think we were silly thinking that we’d get that.
just as we were silly Newcastle would pay us millions for a Lingard loan, or Everton would pay 7m for Romero. These players ended up sitting on the bench, moaning and costing wages. Can’t we have a bit of common sense now United?
Agree with all of this. I was hoping the end of the Woodward era would see us become smarter. So far not much cause for optimism.

Volksie316

I am certain he will stay.

With Pogba and Matic leaving and us wanting to sign a new CDM, it makes sense.

We would then have Fred, McTominay, Fernandes, Van De Beek, New CDM and Pereira

Also, he has played under Ten Hag before and it was reported a few weeks ago, that Ten Hag, would be keen to keep him, if he couldn't get a move elsewhere.

Redcy

Isn't the problem the amount of wages we pay, we can't sell them as they would rather sit on our bench earning wages far beyond their value.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I am certain he will stay.

With Pogba and Matic leaving and us wanting to sign a new CDM, it makes sense.

We would then have Fred, McTominay, Fernandes, Van De Beek, New CDM and Pereira

Also, he has played under Ten Hag before and it was reported a few weeks ago, that Ten Hag, would be keen to keep him, if he couldn't get a move elsewhere.
It would make zero sense because he’s a bit cack

AgentP

This guy is unsellable. Another player that we’ll have to let go on a free.

Gandalf

So we valued him about £8m

They probably valued him at £1m

End game : we keep another player on £100k a week for another three+ years. I would have given him away for £0 to get hime off the wage bill

Let's face it no one is going to buy Martial either. We can't give our deadwood away they are that bad!
He is on 49K so lets not just make stuff up. There has been interest from European clubs in the recent past and to be fair the Flamengo situation is largely a result of financial issues at that club and one mistake in a big game, other than that he has played pretty well and is still starting games and scored this weekend. He is far below the standard we want but he is more than sellable and I would expect we will shift him quite easily once the loan expires. It is not a Martial situation where the wages really are insane and he has not done anything decent in 2 years.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
The return of the Pre season games legend

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
One of those names you hear and think, wait...he's still on our books?

Status
Not open for further replies.