Andreas Pereira - SIGNED FOR FULHAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmarUnited4ever

£10m would make Andreas the 6th most expensive signing in Flamengo's history (link).

Flamengo is a team with a lot of history and tradition but its in the Brazilian league, not the Premier League. They do not have half the budget of even mid-table teams in England. Is Andreas so good that he deserves to become the 6th most expensive transfer in their history? I mean, even if Flamengo paid us £6m he'd still be the 10th most expensive signing they've ever made.

There's a reason why nobody else wants him. Lets not play silly buggers and allow the deal to fall through.

Exactly.
The bolded is true, but they tend to sell their best players for big money (for e.g. Vinicius Jr. sold for more than 40m quids), so they can afford 10m for AP

I'm sure they are but for the sums involved it's nothing. The question is do we want to get something for the player or do we want to risk the most likely buyer pulling out because we over value our un-utilized player assets and end up right back at square one?
I get what you saying, but we do criticize the club for not selling well, so maybe now the club is trying to get something here (e.g. Smalling, Schniderlin), but they must do it properly and not mess it up, I agree that it will be daft if the club plays hardball and end up with an unneeded player on the books that is not sellable.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
I get what you saying, but we do criticize the club for not selling well, so maybe now the club is trying to get something here (e.g. Smalling, Schniderlin), but they must do it properly and not mess it up, I agree that it will be daft if the club plays hardball and end up with an unneeded player on the books that is not sellable.
We generally don't sell well and that is a problem but the last thing we want here is another Darmian for an undisclosed fee (i.e., nothing). Take the seven million and be glad about it.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
The bolded is true, but they tend to sell their best players for big money (for e.g. Vinicius Jr. sold for more than 40m quids), so they can afford 10m for AP

They sell their best players to survive. A big part of their business model is based on developing brilliant youngsters and selling them at a massive profit to European clubs. That's how they stay in the black. They aren't in a position to be chucking £10m around on average players, which is what Andreas is. If we were talking about a star who had fallen on hard times, I'm sure they would find the money. The commercial upside would make it worth their while to push the boat out. However, Andreas is not going to be selling many soft drinks or star in many sportswear adverts. We shouldn't be looking a gift horse in the mouth.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
10m from a Brazilian club? Don’t be daft.

if they offer 7m or close to it, take it

otherwise he will still be on our books, probably end up on another loan and meanwhile his value drops again so the next bid Is 4m

OmarUnited4ever

They sell their best players to survive. A big part of their business model is based on developing brilliant youngsters and selling them at a massive profit to European clubs. That's how they stay in the black. They aren't in a position to be chucking £10m around on average players, which is what Andreas is. If we were talking about a star who had fallen on hard times, I'm sure they would find the money. The commercial upside would make it worth their while to push the boat out. However, Andreas is not going to be selling many soft drinks or star in many sportswear adverts. We shouldn't be looking a gift horse in the mouth.
They paid 15m for Gabi Barbosa, who completely flopped with Inter, had a terrible 6 months in Lisbon with Benfica he didn't even play much, while AP, as an academy graduate here, had decent spells in Spain and played a lot there, also played with us in England and Italy with Lazio, he is definitely worth a fee closer to 10m.

My point is that hopefully the club negotiates competently to get a decent fee for AP, and build a good relationship with Flamingo.

They paid 15m for Gabi Barbosa, who completely flopped with Inter, had a terrible 6 months in Lisbon with Benfica he didn't even play much, while AP, as an academy graduate here, had decent spells in Spain and played a lot there, also played with us in England and Italy with Lazio, he is definitely worth a fee closer to 10m.

My point is that hopefully the club negotiates competently to get a decent fee for AP, and build a good relationship with Flamingo.
Barbosa has a strong record of scoring goals in Brazil. What has Andreas got to show? Decent spells in Spain you say? You're having a laugh.

10m from a Brazilian club? Don’t be daft.

if they offer 7m or close to it, take it

otherwise he will still be on our books, probably end up on another loan and meanwhile his value drops again so the next bid Is 4m
Would you be surprised if this goes the way of Sergio Romero and Marcos Rojo? We'll be giving the lad away in a year's time to save on his wages. I just don't understand.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Barbosa has a strong record of scoring goals in Brazil. What has Andreas got to show? Decent spells in Spain you say? You're having a laugh.

Would you be surprised if this goes the way of Sergio Romero and Marcos Rojo? We'll be giving the lad away in a year's time to save on his wages. I just don't understand.
To answer your question, this is how I see it, we will try and haggle, it’ll work against us and he will go for free or peanuts. Like always. We should stop over pricing people we are ever going to use in a month of Sundays

IRN-BRUno

Is he still at Flamengo or back here?

Looks like the Brazilian transfer window is open until the end of March so still plenty of time to sell.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Need to introduce Zoom or Teams to Flamengo chiefs.

This is a weird one because I believe its illegal to have this kind of shared ownership in the UK.

I think, in practice, what this means is Flamengo has agreed to buy Andreas for a fee of €10.5m euros. The spin is that this is equivalent to only 75 per cent of what United value him at and, in time, with clauses etc., United might get up to €14m euros for Andreas. However, the reality is the money bankable is €10.5m euros. Which, in my opinion, is still a surprisingly good fee.

ash_86

This is a weird one because I believe its illegal to have this kind of shared ownership in the UK.

I think, in practice, what this means is Flamengo has agreed to buy Andreas for a fee of €10.5m euros. The spin is that this is equivalent to only 75 per cent of what United value him at and, in time, with clauses etc., United might get up to €14m euros for Andreas. However, the reality is the money bankable is €10.5m euros. Which, in my opinion, is still a surprisingly good fee.
10m for a player we are never planning to use? We should bite their hand for that fee.

James35

I’m still expecting to see him having a worldly in one of our pre season friendlies.

Adnan

Talent Spotter

Flamengo and Man Utd reach an agreement for Andreas Pereira: 12 million pounds + bonus for 75% of the rights.

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
That's a better deal than I expected us to get from a brazilian team.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
That's a better deal than I expected us to get from a brazilian team.
The Journo in question is now saying that the he's been contacted by Flamengo and they have informed him that the values aren't accurate. He then went on to say that he'd write a article to shed more light on the development.

The Journo in question is now saying that the he's been contacted by Flamengo and they have informed him that the values aren't accurate. He then went on to say that he'd write a article to shed more light on the development.
Well, however it works out, I just hope we bank something and let Andreas go off and continue his career somewhere.

Being objective about it, its not his fault that he's not good enough for Man Utd. If he has a chance to play at a good level somewhere else we should let him. We're being offered decent money for a player of his standard.

choccy77

I dot believe United are actually going to get some money for a player.

It's clearly a lie and I expect Pereira and Jones to receive new contracts immently.

OmarUnited4ever

I think we discussed this few weeks back, i remember I said the club should sell at a reasonable fee, but they need to do it properly, £10m should a good fee to accept according to what's been reported today.

hopefully it's concluded very soon.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Good luck to him assuming the deal gets done. Always tried his best for us and Flamengo is a great club so hope he continues to enjoy himself there.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
We will probably pull out at the last minute and bring him back on a new 250k a week contract.

Caesar2290

So it's more of 10 millions euros + 25% sell on fee. All in all a good deal for everyone involved.

Nick7

Turns out he’s getting a 5 year contract with us for €10m a year

Status
Not open for further replies.