Andreas Pereira - SIGNED FOR FULHAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoneStar

If we manage to sell Periera, Henderson, Jones and Baily, along with the players who have already left, that's a lot of money saved through wages right? Insane.

Mcking

I don't think he is good enough for the Premier League. Fulham are getting a dud.

Gurtej

If we manage to sell Periera, Henderson, Jones and Baily, along with the players who have already left, that's a lot of money saved through wages right? Insane.
I think in total around 300k a week for 4 of them so yeah…. A decent chunk..

Also this is what I want….. we sell fringe players at decent value ….. add Jones, Baily, Williams, Telles and get 40m quid plus , ABW (25)…. We will have around 80m of transfers coming in….

And if someone we manage to sell Martial around 25-30m….. or use him as a swap for anyone around that value….. it’s 100m from sales plus 150m budget….

Gives us 5 first team staters in that amount including Eriksen who is free….

pascell

I think in total around 300k a week for 4 of them so yeah…. A decent chunk..

Also this is what I want….. we sell fringe players at decent value ….. add Jones, Baily, Williams, Telles and get 40m quid plus , ABW (25)…. We will have around 80m of transfers coming in….

And if someone we manage to sell Martial around 25-30m….. or use him as a swap for anyone around that value….. it’s 100m from sales plus 150m budget….

Gives us 5 first team staters in that amount including Eriksen who is free….
Try halving those valuations at least, we're getting nowhere near £25-30m for Martial, we'd be lucky to get £15m.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
:lol:

Exactly my thoughts, so far this summer has been brilliant for clearing out.
No it was not. We haven't sold anyone, and we all know amount of deadwood we have.
If you count players whose contract expired, then yes, "clearing out" is good. Pretty certain if those still have contracts, they would not be sold.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
I don't think he is good enough for the Premier League. Fulham are getting a dud.
174 appearances in top 5 leagues. 20+ appearances in four European qualifying campaigns. A regular for top Brazilian side. The one time he played for a relegation battler he was easily the best player and was their top scorer and top in assists. He is easily good enough for the Premier League.

Mcking

174 appearances in top 5 leagues. 20+ appearances in four European qualifying campaigns. A regular for top Brazilian side. The one time he played for a relegation battler he was easily the best player and was their top scorer and top in assists. He is easily good enough for the Premier League.
Fingers crossed. Hope he does well.

El Jefe

He tended to be shit for us in central midfield (except in preseason), but people are a bit unfair on him. He was normally decent when we played him a bit further forward on the wing or #10. I'll always remember him kindly for the first half of 19/20 which is the only run he had in those positions, where he was absolutely lightyears better than Lingard and Mata were performing at the time.
He was horrible in my opinion during the run of games he got. As bad as any regular starter we've had. When Bruno came in January, it was as if we'd signed Maradona, that's how lacking we were in that position with Pereira and Lingard that first half of the season.
He really isn't good enough for the PL. There's nothing impressive about the bit in bold. He's only played decent at one of those European clubs and they were the worst team in La Liga finishing 20th. He was a failure at every other European club.

Last edited:

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Have they seen him play? They’re not after the right back at Leicester?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
For the love of feck. Please just let him go. :lol:
We've accepted a bid already. They're just rehashing what any manager would normally do and tell a player to report for pre season training.

It's fair to say if Pereira wants to leave he will.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Imagine being loaned out to a Flamingo and when you return people still act like you're a cock.
Accept the offer!!! free the man from his misery.

limerickcitykid

He really isn't good enough for the PL. There's nothing impressive about the bit in bold. He's only played decent at one of those European clubs and they were the worst team in La Liga finishing 20th. He was a failure at every other European club.
And yet he has played 174 times at PL/top 5 league level so is in fact good enough for it.

It doesn’t matter what you think is impressive, he has played regularly during 4 European qualifying campaigns and therefore obviously good enough for the PL

Valencia tried to sign him after his loan. So that is also wrong.

Esquire

For the love of feck. Please just let him go. :lol:
You would think that but can we not sympathise with ETH for wanting to hold on to players for the moment, when all he hears from Murtough is “yes Eric, FDJ and your targets are coming” day after day with no real movement. He did not look happy riding into first day this morning.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Overall, he'll not be good enough, but he'll score an occasional banger and the clickbait accounts will say "United let this guy go for £3m and kept Maguire :lol::lol:"

El Jefe

And yet he has played 174 times at PL/top 5 league level so is in fact good enough for it.

It doesn’t matter what you think is impressive, he has played regularly during 4 European qualifying campaigns and therefore obviously good enough for the PL

Valencia tried to sign him after his loan. So that is also wrong.
This really makes no sense. He's been poor for every top flight club, except the one he got relegated with.

I could easily judge Mctominay as a player with 170 Manchester United appearances and an international player with 34 caps who's played in huge CL games and European finals as a justification for why he's a top level midfielder.

Good enough for the PL even though he was abject in the PL and not any better in worse leagues.

limerickcitykid

This really makes no sense. He's been poor for every top flight club, except the one he got relegated with.

I could easily judge Mctominay as a player with 170 Manchester United appearances and an international player with 34 caps who's played in huge CL games and European finals as a justification for why he's a top level midfielder.

Good enough for the PL even though he was abject in the PL and not any better in worse leagues.
He hasn’t. Like I just said, Valencia tried to buy him, he obviously wasn’t poor. This really makes no sense. I won’t waste time responding to anymore nonsense.

McTominay is in fact good enough for the PL, yes.

Not good enough for the PL but even though he was decent in every season regularly qualifying for Europe.

The only worse league he’s played in is Brazil where he’s been good and the manager has publicly begged for him to be signed multiple times.

So once you ignore all the shit you’ve made up, he is a PL level player and exactly why he’s being offered deals by PL level clubs.

Quagmire Maguire

We’ve sold nobody yet, just let contracts expire
No it was not. We haven't sold anyone, and we all know amount of deadwood we have.
If you count players whose contract expired, then yes, "clearing out" is good. Pretty certain if those still have contracts, they would not be sold.
So far Pogba, Cavani, Matic, Lingard and Mata are gone. I didn't mention anything about sales, I said so far this summer is brilliant at getting rid of players.

We have a massively bloated squad full of players being paid way too much who offer very little. I don't care how we get rid of them but having them off our books is brilliant for a new era to begin under Ten Hag.

If we can add Jones, Periera, Wan Bissaka, Henderson, Bailly, Martial, Mctominay and Rashford to that list of our goings it would be an amazing summer. I know Rashford is going nowhere, but I wish he was sold, and I think yet another season like last will finally have everyone accepting he is gash but by then he will be worthless and inevitably join West Ham/Everton on a free.

El Jefe

He hasn’t. Like I just said, Valencia tried to buy him, he obviously wasn’t poor. This really makes no sense. I won’t waste time responding to anymore nonsense.

McTominay is in fact good enough for the PL, yes.

Not good enough for the PL but even though he was decent in every season regularly qualifying for Europe.

The only worse league he’s played in is Brazil where he’s been good and the manager has publicly begged for him to be signed multiple times.

So once you ignore all the shit you’ve made up, he is a PL level player and exactly why he’s being offered deals by PL level clubs.
I'll do the same, you're clueless, either that or dishonest. You have so little to say for his United and Lazio performances :lol:

Almost everyone in this thread is celebrating a £10m bid because its daylight robbery.

There's nothing more to say, he'll join the PL start reasonably well then fade into obscurity as usual. I'll wait to see what excuse or barrel scraping praise you give him then.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
He was horrible in my opinion during the run of games he got. As bad as any regular starter we've had. When Bruno came in January, it was as if we'd signed Maradona, that's how lacking we were in that position with Pereira and Lingard that first half of the season.
He wasn't great or anything and wasn't good enough to be a starter, but saying he was horrible is very overboard. He did have a couple of shocking matches, but overall he was absolutely miles better than Lingard and Mata at the time. It was fairly easy to see in the general performances, but it was also easily seen in the results. If I remember correctly we were averaging double the amount of points per game when Pereira played at #10 compared to when he didn't play at all, with the matches with him on right wing somewhere in between. That was more an indication of how absolutely woeful Lingard and Mata were that season, but Pereira was generally at a decent level.

You actually made me go back to double-check I wasn't remembering things wrong, and checked out his performance thread that season. In the 9 league matches that he played at #10 in the pre-Bruno days, the general comments in his thread was that he played ok to good in 6 of them and was bad in 3. That's about what I remembered. Whereas I honestly don't think Lingard or Mata had a single good match that entire time; both of them were having the worst season of their careers.

He was unfortunate that we had a massive injury crisis in the midfield when he'd just established himself as our best #10, and Ole moved him back into midfield to make up numbers. He was terrible there, and Ole seemed to hold that against him and dropped him to the bench once the midfielders were fit, instead of doing the obvious thing and moving him back to the #10 role. Now that would have been fine, except Lingard was the one playing there. :mad: I think people also tend to remember how terrible he played in those matches in central midfield and mix them up with the matches he was playing further forward.

Last edited:

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Apparently he's saying he has "different desires" than Fulham. Who the feck does he think he is?

UnitedFire

He will be 27 in 6 months..
And if he shines someone will snap him up within 18 months, at which point he'll have just turned 28 and in a top side scenario might be worth £50m+. If we could take 20% of that we'll have doubled up on the original fee.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
We need to tell him that if Flamengo doesn’t match Fulham bid then he isnt going there. Not even on loan. These players have taken us for a ride for too long. Stay and waste a year. We need to take a financial hit once otherwise this will keep happening

Andersonson

And if he shines someone will snap him up within 18 months, at which point he'll have just turned 28 and in a top side scenario might be worth £50m+. If we could take 20% of that we'll have doubled up on the original fee.
Yeah the odds for that is worth taking without hesitation

UnitedFire

Yeah the odds for that is worth taking without hesitation
Your sarcasm is appropriate. There is a very real chance we don't get a sell on or it might just be worth a couple of mill, but frankly anything that recovers some of the investment in him is a bonus.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Who is reporting this?
The "different desires" is from Sport Witness's Tweet here:

The Globo Esporte article that they refer to is from yesterday, just after the news about the Fulham bid for Andreas. I'm guessing the Goal Brasil article is also from that time, but Goal isn't accessible from the U.S. & Canada, so I can't confirm.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I can understand that from his point of view. He's a player with excellent technique but just doesn't have the awareness, decision making and just general mental RPM to play in midfield in a fast-paced league. He can look great in friendlies and I'd bet that he looks great in training. He'd work out well for a big-ish team in a relatively smaller or slower paced league. I can see him doing wonders for himself if he goes back to Belgium or the Eredivisie with one of their bigger teams - maybe Italy at a push.

However, aside from his work rate, I can't see what he offers to a team that will be in a relegation fight in the Premier League. I could be proven wrong, but based on my impression of him as a player, I can't think of anywhere worse for him to try and shine.

RU Devil

Looks like this has hit a dead end. Friggin guy. If he really wants to stay at Flamengo, he better do his best to convince them to pay up.

GreatDane

Looks like this has hit a dead end. Friggin guy. If he really wants to stay at Flamengo, he better do his best to convince them to pay up.
2 days are not a dead end, might just be negotiations. It's not the Twitter hitsquad is following this transfer very closely.

Status
Not open for further replies.