Ange Postecoglou | New Spurs boss on 4 year contract

RedOrange

WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW????

Let's see what happens to the friendly press conferences and glowing reviews of him after a few ball-punch losses with the camera zoomed in on his disappointed face. He got the first impression which will give him a nice long leash but the team has bottled their first test of adversity.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Some nonsense in here, was always obvious that the depth wasn't there but the way he's had us playing up until now has been unbelievable.

I was disappointed today however as he was uncharacteristically cautious with the starting line-up, we already know that the players of the previous regime aren't up to it.
You can't sip champagne in the sun forever

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW????

Let's see what happens to the friendly press conferences and glowing reviews of him after a few ball-punch losses with the camera zoomed in on his disappointed face. He got the first impression which will give him a nice long leash but the team has bottled their first test of adversity.
Who exactly is calling him God??

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
People need to calm down. He’s lost 2 games this season. They’re still above where they should be or was expected to be. Let’s judge him at the end of the season…

Josh 76

People need to calm down. He’s lost 2 games this season. They’re still above where they should be or was expected to be. Let’s judge him at the end of the season…
This is Redcafe, how dare you be so sensible.

mathrait

Supports
Arsenal
Yeah, I mean it's not like he was Australia manager for a bit or anything... :houllier:
Australia :lol:

Not everyone can get top jobs by being Pep's waterboy.
He was the cone boy. Get it right.

That doesn't really mean much. Development is hardly linear even for coaches and it's not like you can make your way to the top from Australia as fast compared to starting off in Europe.
Let me guess. "Should have gone to a team in the Championship to prove himself"
He could turn out to be a decent midtable/Europa League manager. Some people on here were already claiming he's the heir apparent to Klopp based on 10 games :houllier:.

Oranges038

Some nonsense in here, was always obvious that the depth wasn't there but the way he's had us playing up until now has been unbelievable.

I was disappointed today however as he was uncharacteristically cautious with the starting line-up, we already know that the players of the previous regime aren't up to it.
I think people were to quick to use Ange as a stick to beat ETH with. Look at Ange we were told, injuries are no excuse.. any manager should be able to get a squad player how they want in a few months... etc.

He has the same problem as ETH, once you have to start dipping further into the squad the quality to play how you want just isn't there and it shows on the pitch.

Rojofiam

He could turn out to be a decent midtable/Europa League manager. Some people on here were already claiming he's the heir apparent to Klopp based on 10 games :houllier:.
I actually criticized him in my previous posts for his suicidal high line when they were playing 9v11 against Chelsea and also thought that he was starting to get overrated after Spurs were called title challengers after 10 games and Ange was considered to be the new Pep.

But despite all these things, he's still a really good manager and has proven himself to be better than midtable/Europa League level.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Australia :lol:

He was the cone boy. Get it right.

What's funny about an Australian taking charge of his national side?

He's been an International manager at a world cup, hardly something to laugh at or belittle,
]

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Some people get very precious over a manager getting praise for a good early start.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Some people get very precious over a manager getting praise for a good early start.
I think a lot of the praise was just criticism on ten Hag.

Ange has come in and turned Tottenham into Premier league winners while ten Hag can't even keep untied in the Premier League.

The comparison weren't based in reality

Micky Targaryen

I get football rivalry and mocking and stuff, but people are mocking Spurs and Ange while being above Man United? Maybe I don’t get it…

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I get football rivalry and mocking and stuff, but people are mocking Spurs and Ange while being above Man United? Maybe I don’t get it…
How can we laugh?

Not this again. Every team's fan banters one another, even fans of conference teams probably laugh at United lose.

cyberman

Sep 24

Couldn’t tell if you was sarcastic or not but I wouldn’t go that far. Not even the best in the league. He’s doing a great job though and he’s another example of another manager that’s made their mark a lot quicker than ours has.

Dominos

I think a lot of the praise was just criticism on ten Hag.
By the same token, a lot of the criticism for other managers on here down the years always seems to be motivated by trying to make our current manager look better in comparison.

Some of them are outright bizarre, Bielsa went from being popular to absolutely hated on here for a while because he was getting praised in a period where Ole was getting criticism. Pochettino also seemed to suffer the same fate, the vitriol against him on here is downright weird.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
By the same token, a lot of the criticism for other managers on here down the years always seems to be motivated by trying to make our current manager look better in comparison.

Some of them are outright bizarre, Bielsa went from being popular to absolutely hated on here for a while because he was getting praised in a period where Ole was getting criticism. Pochettino also seemed to suffer the same fate, the vitriol against him on here is downright weird.
Bielsa got found out and his team relegated.

Poch was ultimately screwed by Spurs not signing players.

equally a lot of the criticism when other managers receive any praise is just sensitivity around Ten Hag
The problem is the comparisons aren't apt, they are baseless as most of the managers get found out when they have injuries, they have better teams or get time to do something (like Arteta). That isn't to say ten Hag shouldn't face criticism but it actually needs to be based on the circumstances which he's in and not that of another club's.

Dominos

Not the point, the point was the level of vitriol and mockery other managers receive on here seems to be a tactic to defend our own manager. It applies to almost every manager in the league, I just picked out a couple of examples of managers who have become figures of hate on here for seemingly no reason.

At the time, Bielsa had kept his team up comfortably, it just seemed to irritate people that another manager was getting praised for exceeding expectations and that praise wasn't being heaped on Ole instead.

cyberman

How are these related? :lol:
Wow, look how good he is 3 weeks in. Another manager who implemented a style quicker than Ten Hag the shit house, bald Cnut. Almost as if pretending new manager bounces doesn’t exist.
Wait guys, let’s not jump to conclusions after a bad couple of games, give it to the end of the season before we can judge him?!!!

Not just you and it’s a bit weak to be fair but picked it from random but that’s the discourse we have here now, the flavour of the month argument that posters will dig their heels into but when it goes wrong it’s never seen again. Eddie Howe shitting over Eric is another that’s put in the king grass, a lot of posters won’t touch the Aston Villa above us thread if they have a bad result today

GlasgowCeltic

The problem is the comparisons aren't apt, they are baseless as most of the managers get found out when they have injuries, they have better teams or get time to do something (like Arteta). That isn't to say ten Hag shouldn't face criticism but it actually needs to be based on the circumstances which he's in and not that of another club's.
Agree, which is why the “but Klopp/Ferguson took x number of years” defence rhetoric is equally laughable, but alas.

Last edited:

mathrait

Supports
Arsenal
I actually criticized him in my previous posts for his suicidal high line when they were playing 9v11 against Chelsea and also thought that he was starting to get overrated after Spurs were called title challengers after 10 games and Ange was considered to be the new Pep.

But despite all these things, he's still a really good manager and has proven himself to be better than midtable/Europa League level.
Not sure what that's based on, because he hasn't achieved anything at a top league yet.

I actually praised him and the way Spurs were playing a few weeks back. But I thought the hype was over the top and premature by comparing him to Klopp and Guardiola.

Spurs are only 3 points better off than they were last season. With the next 2 games against Villa and City. I expect them to be at the same level or worst off in 3 weeks.

Last edited:

SteveCoppellFan

Rules for 2023.

If you win your brilliant, if you lose then you are rubbish.

Gets confusing if its a draw.

Zed is not dead

Thing with the Caf is that people are mostly reacting to other people’s overreactions.

For a few weeks Ange was praised to heavens and used as a stick to beat Ten Hag without taking into account any context whatsoever, even less so the actual quality of the games.
Agreed, Tottenham looked better than last season, but they had their fair share of struggle in their games, winning a few in the last minutes of games. Yet people here painted Tottenham like they were prime Barcelona and Ten Hag had us playing like prime Stoke on a cold rainy Monday night.

Ange might be a good coach but benefitted a lot of good circumstances.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Wow, look how good he is 3 weeks in. Another manager who implemented a style quicker than Ten Hag the shit house, bald Cnut. Almost as if pretending new manager bounces doesn’t exist.
Wait guys, let’s not jump to conclusions after a bad couple of games, give it to the end of the season before we can judge him?!!!

Not just you and it’s a bit weak to be fair but picked it from random but that’s the discourse we have here now, the flavour of the month argument that posters will dig their heels into but when it goes wrong it’s never seen again. Eddie Howe shitting over Eric is another that’s put in the king grass, a lot of posters won’t touch the Aston Villa above us thread if they have a bad result today
Nah… my post was right for 2 separate conversations mate. Someone was saying best manager in the world now. I said he isn’t even the best in the league. But then someone was saying how bad he is or something after losing a couple of games and my point was that he’s still further then what everyone expected from him. He’s implemented a style of play a lot quicker then it takes some managers. I’ve never once said ETH should be sacked. I’ve always defended him. Like last night I was saying everyone wanted Howe but Newcastle are losing games, ETH is winning games with halve a squad injured. Other teams are losing games with only a few players injured. I’ve always been ETH in and still am.