Ange Postecoglou | New Spurs boss on 4 year contract

Guy Incognito

Thing with the Caf is that people are mostly reacting to other people’s overreactions.

For a few weeks Ange was praised to heavens and used as a stick to beat Ten Hag without taking into account any context whatsoever, even less so the actual quality of the games.
Agreed, Tottenham looked better than last season, but they had their fair share of struggle in their games, winning a few in the last minutes of games. Yet people here painted Tottenham like they were prime Barcelona and Ten Hag had us playing like prime Stoke on a cold rainy Monday night.

Ange might be a good coach but benefitted a lot of good circumstances.
Too much was made of their start to the season.

We all knew they would have a blip, and what hasn't helped is the injury pile up.

They create bags of chances so probably have a good chance against City next week. Nothing to fear.

evil_geko

But but but, Ange made Spurs play his amazing way in just few weeks and injuries don't matter much, I was told on here.

People never learn to wait before praising new hipster manager.

the_cliff

If you don't have the players just do it. Even if it means losing 3 very winnable games in a row...

I like Ange but the love in for him here is crazy. Losing but playing well is still losing at the end of the day. If in a month Spurs are around 8th we'll start seeing the Spurs fans and the cracks start appearing. It's easy to say We'll back our manager no matter what when you're winning....

Teja

10th in the league in XG differential.
Yeah this was what I was harping on about too when they were flying high. The xGD was nothing to write home about.

If he manages top four, it's a huge achievement.

PepG

Supports
Ajax
The new manager bounce is over...now we will see what is this Ange guy really about..

Fergies Gum

Glad the fawning is over. Some of the over the top positive remarks people were making in recent months have just been cringe worthy.

mu4c_20le

TFC goes into meltdown

Spudulike said:
GlastonSpur said:
Bang average manager.
I don't really hate anyone in life, but i'll make an exception about you. You pollute football forums with your shit and at some point, people will have enough of your shit and bin you off.

Red Cafe finally got the message and done the right thing. I hope it doesn't take so long to deal with you on here.

Do everyone a favour and feck off and die on a different platform you cnut.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Ange: You turned RedCafé against me!

Obi-Wan: You have done that yourself!

Bale Bale Bale

Supports
Spurs
Still encouraged for where we're going. Half the squad missing and it was hardly the strongest to begin with.

mathrait

Supports
Arsenal
Oh mate.

The implosion has been unreal even by Spurs standards. Going from title challengers to most likely 6th next week after losing to Man City :lol:. I had them as potentially challenging for top 4 but I'm not sure they'll even be able to do that.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
they lose their first choice centre backs and start losing games, funny how that works

Melbourne Red

Still hasn't given Rain Dog another chance
Supports
Liverpool
He's dealing with a huge pile of absent players with an already paper thin squad. They also sold their greatest ever player and did nothing with it.

He'll be fine. They created a boatload of chances today.

bosskeano

lack of depth is going to end up being the issue with that group come the 2nd half of the season

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
lack of depth is going to end up being the issue with that group come the 2nd half of the season
Maddison and Van de Ven will be back in the new year for them.

I have to say they played very well first half and we were lucky to get in at 1-1. As meticulous as Emery is I'm not sure he was quite expecting them to go with Lo Celso and Gil infront of Bentancur, I certainly wasn't and that kept the ball moving nicely for the front players rather than going more safety first with starting say Hojiberg and Skipp.

Problem today was as game went on we just had more options on the bench to bring on. Only attacker they had was Veliz and he's young and adapting moving to europe so limited what to do once chasing it.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
Injuries have hurt them badly but other sides are also just figuring out Ange's tactics. Its highly entertaining but borderline suicidal football in which they throw 7-8 players forward, overload midfield with both fullbacks, and leave themselves wide open on both flanks at all times when they have the ball. You pin the defense back and completely overrun midfield to the point where there is almost always an extra man, at the cost of leaving yourself naked. It looks like great free flowing football but mainly because you're just pushing more players up the pitch than anybody else is willing to do. Other managers just need to figure out how to deal with those overloads defensively and then they have an easy outball to the flanks after a turnover and lots of opportunity for 3v3 type situations on the break.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Oh mate.

The implosion has been unreal even by Spurs standards. Going from title challengers to most likely 6th next week after losing to Man City :lol:. I had them as potentially challenging for top 4 but I'm not sure they'll even be able to do that.
They have an alright record against City who aren’t at their best and spurs have a complete new style of play. You’re right though. The top of the table is quite tight and you can be out of top 4 within a week. Luckily for them we play Newcastle so that’s another 2 top 4 challengers competing

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Where is this 10 injured players coming from?
Maddison, VDV , Sarr and Richarlison- that's all missing from their starting line up , right?
Romero is suspended.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Oh dear mate

Never mind, mate.

He's like Marmite. Or, rather, MightyMite or even that shit they call Vegemite. The point is that I enjoyed his nice guy shite for the first month when he was in Scotland and then it got boring as feck very quickly. Anyone who is that nice obviously has a fridge filled with skulls.

Dion

He's a really good manager and he's done well, but Spurs have a limited squad and very little cover, this was always on the cards.

He was over-rated by people who ignored they'd basically had no injuries at all this season until now and under-rated by the same people who will slaughter Ten Hag for struggling with 11 players missing.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
He's just saying all the right things when everything is going well for him.
Once he has a pressure to perform or is expected to reach a target, he'd abandon those sayings in favor of results.
Chat shit get banged.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Tbh they're without their four best midfielders, CBs and all the backup forwards.
It's crazy how many injuries they have with no European football, Bissouma, Maddison, Sarr, Bentancur, Richarlison, Van De Ven. Add to that Romero suspended, Perisic with a cruciate ligament tear, at his age he is probably done at the top level. Sessegnon surgery, he is probably done as well, Solomon out injured.

Big Ange playing his second choice RB and LB over Dier at CB :lol: Surely Spurs have some star up and coming CB's in the academy that would be better than Royal at CB?

kaku06

Vulgarian
“When you see a cow named Ange mate in the other field ……..”

kaku06

Vulgarian
Some of the praise he was getting even on here was getting nauseous. Welcome back to reality mate.