Angel Di Maria | Performances | Wife: "He only joined United for money. The food was disgusting. The women look like porcelain"

Ban

Is yelling "fek off" that bad? Jesus, people are precious. If I had a bottle thrown at me I wouldn't be too happy...

Tevez and Hargreaves moved to a rival. Rooney and Heinze talked up moves to a rival. Ronny talked up a move to Madrid for years and was pretty petulant about it. I don't see why Di Maria deserves the abuse, it's easy to forget he was ever at the club. I don't like the fella but I don't see why he gathers all this attention? Each to his own I guess ; I must not be a top red.

I guess different opinions make the game interesting anyway! The ref being a joke yesterday didn't help the mood in the stadium too of course...
The same question could be asked about booing. Was it that bad for him to throw a fiss about it? Sure different people react differently, he couldnt bare a few boos.
That part about top red or not is not really necessary.

Ainu

Not sure what some people in here are crying about. Fans have no problem dishing it out but when a player gives something back they're all outraged.

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Well judging by his performance, he did ‘man up and play’. But I’m not gonna let you throw bottles at me and talk shit and not wind you up back.
If you have the emotional stability of a child, yes. Other than that, keep your calm and carry on. If a bottle has been thrown, the fan has to be held accountable of course. It doesn’t justify di Maria insulting everyone though.
Up until they went 1-0 up and we had to open up more, I didn’t consider him to be that great on the pitch to be honest.

willhse456

Quick off topic one lads, I thought the bottle throw was utter lower class from whoever that was, does Old Trafford allow fans to bring bottles out onto the terraces? Everytime I was there I was searched etc before entering, and did not see glass bottled beer for sale in the food and beverage stands
Think it was the plastic bottles that they sell, definitely not glass. You're not allowed to take them to the stands but I guess people hide them in their pockets. Was in that area of the ground and felt really embarrassed when that started to happen.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
If you have the emotional stability of a child, yes. Other than that, keep your calm and carry on. If a bottle has been thrown, the fan has to be held accountable of course. It doesn’t justify di Maria insulting everyone though.
Up until they went 1-0 up and we had to open up more, I didn’t consider him to be that great on the pitch to be honest.
It’s nothing about having the ‘emotional stability of a child’. That would be more akin to Eric Cantona. He didn’t fly-kick a fan. He didn’t even do anything that would need to be reviewed. He taunted them, as was his right. He was still very professional with his job, and as we saw, was able to contribute to his team well enough.

Him not being ‘that great’ isn’t the point. He’s not required to be the best player on the pitch, both teams have better players.

Mastadon

Supports
Arsenal
Moving to PSG is bigger?

As for booing the clown, there's no need but at the same time I can understand the guy is a rat. I'm sure you've had few of those at your club.
Moving to PSG during the Van Gaal era till now is considered moving on to bigger and better things yes.

Why is he a rat? He was unhappy playing under LVG and couldn’t settle in England so he left. Can’t see much of a problem with that.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
I don't understand it either. He gets booed all game, he gets laughed for crashing into the fences and now he gets criticized or worse for showing emotion when he contributes immensely for their goals ?
Exactly. He had a point to prove yesterday.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
If you boo and insult a player then you have to be fine with taking it back.

Nothing wrong with him telling the crowd to feck off, should have probably went with a shushing sign though to keep some class.

He’s a bit of a cnut but in a good way, plays better when he’s fired up.

AJ10

Moving to PSG during the Van Gaal era till now is considered moving on to bigger and better things yes.

Why is he a rat? He was unhappy playing under LVG and couldn’t settle in England so he left. Can’t see much of a problem with that.
Regardless of how crap United have been, moving to PSG isn't a bigger move.
Nothing wrong with not wanting to play for a manager etc.. but it was his attitude in general which was pathetic and that's why United fans dislike him.

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
It’s nothing about having the ‘emotional stability of a child’. That would be more akin to Eric Cantona. He didn’t fly-kick a fan. He didn’t even do anything that would need to be reviewed. He taunted them, as was his right. He was still very professional with his job, and as we saw, was able to contribute to his team well enough.

Him not being ‘that great’ isn’t the point. He’s not required to be the best player on the pitch, both teams have better players.
He insulted them, to me that goes beyond taunting, but to each their own view.
I also didn’t cite his performances as a lack of professionalism but rather his reactions, hence his performance is irrelevant when it comes to judging his professionalism in that regard.

As far as my point about the level of his performance, I simply made it regarding lots of people pointing out how great he was and that he really gave it to us. They beat us, he had two assists, but he was hardly outstanding over the course of the game.

clarkydaz

He insulted them, to me that goes beyond taunting, but to each their own view.
I also didn’t cite his performances as a lack of professionalism but rather his reactions, hence his performance is irrelevant when it comes to judging his professionalism in that regard.

As far as my point about the level of his performance, I simply made it regarding lots of people pointing out how great he was and that he really gave it to us. They beat us, he had two assists, but he was hardly outstanding over the course of the game.
he was shite in the first half, that's why the crowd were focusing on him as he kept fecking up. People talking like he had a worldie last night

Moriarty

he was shite in the first half, that's why the crowd were focusing on him as he kept fecking up. People talking like he had a worldie last night
He was given acres of space to operate in. He played a decent enough game in a supporting role but nothing spectacular, but there again, he didn't have to. Some supporters played silly buggers and they've spun it into how Di Maria took his revenge with a scintillating display.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
He bagged a couple of assists last night so people automatically assume he had a great game. Take the assists out of the equation and he was no more effective than Sanchez.

ekestubbe

Is yelling "fek off" that bad? Jesus, people are precious. If I had a bottle thrown at me I wouldn't be too happy...

Tevez and Hargreaves moved to a rival. Rooney and Heinze talked up moves to a rival. Ronny talked up a move to Madrid for years and was pretty petulant about it. I don't see why Di Maria deserves the abuse, it's easy to forget he was ever at the club. I don't like the fella but I don't see why he gathers all this attention? Each to his own I guess ; I must not be a top red.

I guess different opinions make the game interesting anyway! The ref being a joke yesterday didn't help the mood in the stadium too of course...
We live in a world of extremes nowadays. Or is a world of hyperbole a better word (Im not a native english speaker)? Black or white, never in between. If something remotely bad happens the sky is falling and when something good happens people name their children after it. I guess in a world of increasing anonymity people feel a need to exaggerate in order to be noticed.

Stick

Supports
Liverpool
He bagged a couple of assists last night so people automatically assume he had a great game. Take the assists out of the equation and he was no more effective than Sanchez.
Isnt that like saying if you take the goals out of the game then it would've been a draw? He was effective. He set up two goals.

Thiagoal

He's always struck me as a mentally fragile player that needs a managers arm round him to put in any sort of a performance! Would have been interesting if Ole had taken over from LVG: exactly the type of manager he'd have thrived under!

Then again maybe he hated life in Manchester so much he'd have continued to play like a 12 year old girl

Stick

Supports
Liverpool
In terms of his general performance, he was no better than Sanchez.
In general play he was good. He was unlucky with a shot in the first half and only a poor finish let him down for a goal. He then set up two goals in the second half with a good delivery from a corner and an excellent pass for mbappe. I don't even think Sanchez had a shot so I think you're being a bit harsh on him.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
He's always struck me as a mentally fragile player that needs a managers arm round him to put in any sort of a performance! Would have been interesting if Ole had taken over from LVG: exactly the type of manager he'd have thrived under!

Then again maybe he hated life in Manchester so much he'd have continued to play like a 12 year old girl
Didn't his house get burgled halfway through his one season? Could be wrong but seemed his performances really declined after that as imagine his family became unsettled and probably didn't want to live in Manchester anymore so that made his mind up.

He also lost confidence of LVG after that ridiculous Arsenal red card when he pushed Oliver.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Didn't his house get burgled halfway through his one season? Could be wrong but seemed his performances really declined after that as imagine his family became unsettled and probably didn't want to live in Manchester anymore so that made his mind up.

He also lost confidence of LVG after that ridiculous Arsenal red card when he pushed Oliver.
He was poor long before his house got burgled.

jem

I hate to say it, but on song, ADM is some player, the kind we could probably use these days. I hated his attitude with us, but there were a few moments of genuine stardust - yesterday was an uncomfortable reminder.

Luke1995

It will be interesting to see how he does in the Copa America. I've read rumours that from the argentina generation which played from the 2014 World Cup until last year, only him and Messi would be retained for this year's tournament.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Many of our fans have serious issues. What gets you so riled up about him ? The man was as honest as it gets after all, he did say in his first interview that his main goal was to go to PSG but only FFP stopped that from happening back then. So much bitterness is unhealthy
I am not personally bitter about Di Maria but his honesty is shallow and irrelevant. If he didn't want to be here he shouldn't have wasted the precious time and effort of the concerned people who brought him here and tried to make it work. Or he should have been a proper professional and rose up to the challenge rather than behaving like a baby. "But he was honest.." doesn't work, after the events that transpired with him putting in shamefully inadequate peformances for the football club.

I mean he's too irrelevant for me to seriously hate. I reserve that for players who are genuinely worth getting riled by, but at the same time his poor behavior deserves to be called out.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I am not personally bitter about Di Maria but his honesty is shallow and irrelevant. If he didn't want to be here he shouldn't have wasted the precious time and effort of the concerned people who brought him here and tried to make it work. Or he should have been a proper professional and rose up to the challenge rather than behaving like a baby. "But he was honest.." doesn't work, after the events that transpired with him putting in shamefully inadequate peformances for the football club.

I mean he's too irrelevant for me to seriously hate. I reserve that for players who are genuinely worth getting riled by, but at the same time his poor behavior deserves to be called out.
What ? Those people knew exactly what they were getting into, you're making it sound like no one was aware that his main destination was Man United. He could have defo performed with more energy and fight in many games.
I'm sorry but that's the risk you take when you know the players you targeted didn't even wanna be there in the first place. It's a risk our club thought it was worth taking.

amolbhatia50k

What ? Those people knew exactly what they were getting into, you're making it sound like no one was aware that his main destination was Man United. He could have defo performed with more energy and fight in many games.
I'm sorry but that's the risk you take when you know the players you targeted didn't even wanna be there in the first place. It's a risk our club thought it was worth taking.
Because they had faith that he was mentally weak. It was a risk but the player didn't live up to that faith. They made the wrong decision but it doesn't change his deficiencies and ineptness.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Because they had faith that he was mentally weak. It was a risk but the player didn't live up to that faith. They made the wrong decision but it doesn't change his deficiencies and ineptness.
Of course it doesn't change them, Di Maria was being a little bitch. Even if he was hell bent on leaving, he could have carried himself better. For me though, he isn't even worth getting worked up over, he is a nobody. Booing him was very small time.

InfiniteBoredom

I find the hatred some portions of our fanbase feel towards AdM a bit pathetic tbh. He never wanted to be here, but was still productive enough to help us get 4th place that season, we recouped most of the money. Given everything into consideration, his signing worked out much better for us than a whole lot of others post-Fergie.

The only explanation I can come up with is that those fans got their ego bruised because a world class players chose PSG over mighty United, and basically acted like jilted lover. The whole affair between him and us was completely transactional, no more no less.

amolbhatia50k

Of course it doesn't change them, Di Maria was being a little bitch. Even if he was hell bent on leaving, he could have carried himself better. For me though, he isn't even worth getting worked up over, he is a nobody. Booing him was very small time.
Oh yeah he doesn't strike up any emotions in me to be honest positive or negative. I was quite defensive of him at the time because he impressed for Madrid but I'd rather forget his time here and how disappointing it was.

The booing surprised me a tad. I didn't think people cared about him enough to boo him. He seems like such an irrelevant part of our past. But I supposed some people want a target.

amolbhatia50k

I find the hatred some portions of our fanbase feel towards AdM a bit pathetic tbh. He never wanted to be here, but was still productive enough to help us get 4th place that season, we recouped most of the money. Given everything into consideration, his signing worked out much better for us than a whole lot of others post-Fergie.

The only explanation I can come up with is that those fans got their ego bruised because a world class players chose PSG over mighty United, and basically acted like jilted lover. The whole affair between him and us was completely transactional, no more no less.
Your explanation makes no sense. PSG are a nothing club compared to us. I doubt anybody really feels impacted by a player choosing a state funded club we have no historical rivalry with over us during our difficult phase.

Pathetic is again a step too far, although it may adequately sum up Di Maria for us. I wouldn't boo him because of how pointless he was but I do feel some fans need a target and possibly for carried away.

Ban

He was good for about 2 months, after that he was a non entity, not all his fault of course, but his attitude sucked big time. Saying all that it was pointless to boo him or make any reaction towards him cause he was such a small and irrelevant part of our history.